EA Forums - Banner

Java error when sending PM?

Bump

Replies

• finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited February 2015
    Anyone else getting a Java error when trying to PM on the forum? I've tried to PM neighboreeno requests several times over the past three days and I keep getting the same Java error.

YLrQg3xl.jpg

Well you are not alone with that problem I have the same error every time I try sending a pm. I used to be able to send and to receive pm, but now I only can receive pm. Same problem when I try to reply. :?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I've seen a bit of this being reported. Seems to be an issue with the captcha system. Are you being asked for a captcha when sending a message?
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    I've seen a bit of this being reported. Seems to be an issue with the captcha system. Are you being asked for a captcha when sending a message?

Hey neighboreeno! Thanks for replying! Interesting you mention the captcha. Do we know if EA surfs these forums, or was this issue formally reported? The red captcha input box was not visible on the page when I was getting the Java error. The submit button was right under the text box. I just checked a minute ago, and the captcha box is back again. Granted, I can stare in my pantry for five minutes and not see the jar of spaghetti sauce on the shelf right in front of me, but the red captcha box right above the submit box is pretty impossible not to see. It wasn't there over the past several days.

I'm on an iPad Air 2 running the current OS and safari browser.
  • Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    This error occurs if the captcha doesn't load on the page. The html code is expecting there to be text in a input field for captcha but if it didn't load on the page then when clicking submit it generates the execution failure error message we see in the image posted. It took me about a half dozen tried to get the send PM page to contain the captcha in order to send a PM.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    neuroheart wrote:

Hey neighboreeno! Thanks for replying! Interesting you mention the captcha. Do we know if EA surfs these forums, or was this issue formally reported? The red captcha input box was not visible on the page when I was getting the Java error. The submit button was right under the text box. I just checked a minute ago, and the captcha box is back again. Granted, I can stare in my pantry for five minutes and not see the jar of spaghetti sauce on the shelf right in front of me, but the red captcha box right above the submit box is pretty impossible not to see. It wasn't there over the past several days.

The moderation team has reported it, along with a few other issues since the big forum crash. Guess it hasn't been solved yet.
    So yeah, if the captcha box doesn't appear for you, there will be an error. Right now, I can only advise you to reload the page until you get a captcha. Sorry I can't be of more help :?
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Sorry I can't be of more help :?

No worries :) Danke!
  • 4junk3000
    6183 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Did you go to the java site and confirm you're updated? Worth a look.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I noticed it the other day when PMing neighbors. I tried to use the quick respond and got the error every time. When I chose respond from the menu in the upper right hand corner, capcha loaded and I was able to respond with no issues.

Not sure why it doesn't load on the original message.
  • theslayer369
    2002 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    This happened to me the other day, I kept trying and after a couple of tries pm was sent.
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited February 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

The moderation team has reported it, along with a few other issues since the big forum crash. Guess it hasn't been solved yet.
    So yeah, if the captcha box doesn't appear for you, there will be an error. Right now, I can only advise you to reload the page until you get a captcha. Sorry I can't be of more help :?

Thanks for the info. I have the same problem, but somehow today it looks like it is working on my computer even if I don't have a captcha box that appear...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.