EA Forums - Banner

Zenith City Tiny Times

Prev1
It also looks like a really bad 1980s version of Art Deco - but with a big yellow newspaper plonked on top that is way out of scale. I despair. The standard of design in the other new buildings way outclass this pathetic effort. Why would anyone want this shriveled shrimp of a thing in their town?

Replies

• Distracty
    306 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    The "big" prize is the same size as the phone booth! ?
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I don't know that I particularly need a skyscraper, but it just looks terrible at the size it is.
  • maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Where are you seeing the scaled size? Do you have it already?
  • barryriddl474
    4831 posts Member
    edited March 2015

There's a photo in this whiner's complaint thread :roll: :lol:

EDIT: Near bottom of page one.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10307734.page
  • PatrickSays
    1140 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Really? Pictures In game please! I want to cry if this is true, every great event is Highlighted by skyscraper building.
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited March 2015

Ha! I usually avoid the complaint threads. There's always *someone* whining about something. :roll:

Having said that...the sizing is disappointing. Size matter you know. :mrgreen:
  • ACE19711
    1110 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I want them resize it to a skyscraper
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I like it the way it is.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    every great event is Highlighted by skyscraper building.

If that's the case (I'm still new here), I'd assume that they see the HQ building as the skyscraper for this event. Maybe they thought having two would be excessive.

That said, I'd still like it if it was bigger, but it doesn't bug me that much. The scale for the lofts does seem a bit odd though when they're the size of a single house. Lofts are generally large. I've seen them in some towns already (including one guy who's got dozens), and they're pretty underwhelming like that.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited March 2015

Ha! I usually avoid the complaint threads. There's always *someone* whining about something. :roll:

It's bigger than I thought it was, but it's still smaller then I'd like it to be.

Also you had to go there!? :lol::lol::lol:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • Distracty
    306 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Here's a pic of it in one of my neighboreeno's towns, next to a couple of familiar buildings.

Notice how it looks shrimpy next to the hero HQ, and also how the phone booth looks gigantic next to the Times bldg...

0bhoO2s.jpg?2

Originally, I was going to stockpile all of my capes, etc to get the Times bldg first.
    After seeing the awkward scale.....Well, today I built the storefront and apartments. ?
  • jayjaykay00
    242 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I want all the zenith city stuff scaled down so i can have a "tiny town" in my Springfield 8)
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Weren't people complaining about the size of the previous two skyscrapers from 2013? I remember people complaining a lot that they were too large, too tall, took up too much space so you had to decorate around them causing you to lose a lot of your free land...

So they scale it down...and it doesn't look so bad. It looks smaller than normal but if you frame it right you should be all right in regards to the size. Plus it looks about as proportional to a lot of other buildings from the pictures I have seen, so it's not the only improperly scaled building...

And since it's a superhero event, you could always say that Brainiac or some other supervillain shrunk the building...
  • Distracty
    306 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I want all the zenith city stuff scaled down so i can have a "tiny town" in my Springfield 8)

Now, there's an idea! I can dig out my elf houses, and put them around the Times.

Ta da! Elf news! :P
  • cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    do you need these zenith city things to move on in the quest?
    or are they just more city things to clog up our Springfields?
  • PatrickSays
    1140 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    moarku wrote:
    every great event is Highlighted by skyscraper building.

If that's the case (I'm still new here), I'd assume that they see the HQ building as the skyscraper for this event. Maybe they thought having two would be excessive.

That said, I'd still like it if it was bigger, but it doesn't bug me that much. The scale for the lofts does seem a bit odd though when they're the size of a single house. Lofts are generally large. I've seen them in some towns already (including one guy who's got dozens), and they're pretty underwhelming like that.

Seeing pictures now, it doesn't bug me either, but I wish it was a little bigger, the scale seems off. Very pretty building though, I'm definitely crafting it :P

To answer your Q, the HQ building is automatically given, but these buildings you need to win, that's why I said the HQ skyscraper doesn't count in my mind - only winnable buildings do.
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • edited March 2015
    The SS HQ was a $5000 give away. I love that it's a skyscraper but I too kinda anticipated this building would be large and the 'big' prize of the event. It certainly does look odd. Even I could pretend brainiac shrinked it, it looks like a building that should stand tall and stand out, not a 'thanks for participating' trophy from my 3rd grade summer baseball league.

Try putting it next to the cracker factory!

And yeah we had to go there ?
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    cvf007 wrote:

No. With the exception of the Botanical Garden the only buildings you need for the quests are the ones you win in Issue 3 and Issue 4. You could forgo building all of the craftable buildings if you really don't want them, that's your choice to make.
  • maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

It's bigger than I thought it was, but it's still smaller then I'd like it to be.

Also you had to go there!? :lol::lol::lol:

Well, we were all thinking it, right? :mrgreen:
  • cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    efin98 wrote:
    cvf007 wrote:

No. With the exception of the Botanical Garden the only buildings you need for the quests are the ones you win in Issue 3 and Issue 4. You could forgo building all of the craftable buildings if you really don't want them, that's your choice to make.

thank you efin98 for the info :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.