Snatch
    Any Tarantino film
  • pompommini
    77 posts
    edited January 2013
    The Dark Knight Trilogy

The Harry Potter films

The original Star Wars films

Indiana Jones 1-4 (yes, I liked the 4th one)

My faviroute out of all of them? The Dark Knight
  • JAMVAN5150
    326 posts
    edited January 2013
    I did something with this thread I rarely do, I read the whole thing. No one of you even mentioned Ghostbusters?!?! Far and away one of the best of all time!
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013
    JAMVAN5150 wrote:
    I did something with this thread I rarely do, I read the whole thing. No one of you even mentioned Ghostbusters?!?! Far and away one of the best of all time!

Ghostbusters 1...

I prefer to watch... Hum..brokebackmontain, than watch gb 2
  • JAMVAN5150
    326 posts
    edited January 2013
    LeFreeze wrote:
    JAMVAN5150 wrote:

Ghostbusters 1...

I made no mention of 2. I do have standards.
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013
    JAMVAN5150 wrote:
    LeFreeze wrote:
    JAMVAN5150 wrote:

Ghostbusters 1...

Lol...
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    JAMVAN5150 wrote:
    LeFreeze wrote:
    JAMVAN5150 wrote:

Ghostbusters 1...

Talking about worst movies:
    I fell asleep while watching that stupid blair witch project movie and woke up when that damn b*tch screamed until my ears bled. Thank God that was the end of the movie!!!!
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013
    JAMVAN5150 wrote:
    LeFreeze wrote:
    JAMVAN5150 wrote:

Ghostbusters 1...

Talking about worst movies:
    I fell asleep while watching that stupid blair witch project movie and woke up when that damn b*tch screamed until my ears bled. Thank God that was the end of the movie!!!!

Never say never.. Something like that, with justin bieber... And i had to watch. Grrrr worst moment of my life...
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Worst.Move.Ever. Open Water.

People bobbing around and swimming from here to there for 2 hours? Torture. I wish the sharks would have eaten them 3 minutes in!
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    kgirl32 wrote:

People bobbing around and swimming from here to there for 2 hours? Torture. I wish the sharks would have eaten them 3 minutes in!

Tehehehe... also a great moment in movie history, I agree kgirl. But had to be a very cheap production...
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013
    kgirl32 wrote:

Well but there is something good in this film: by title, you can see sharks in water... Imagine if the movie was about sharks who lives in desert...
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    LeFreeze wrote:
    kgirl32 wrote:

Well but there is something good in this film: by title, you can see sharks in water... Imagine if the movie was about sharks who lives in desert...

Sorry but I just lost the plot... Please tell me the title of that great movie starring sharks in the desert. I really have to see that!
  • kgirl32
    462 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    kgirl32 wrote:

Tehehehe... also a great moment in movie history, I agree kgirl. But had to be a very cheap production...

And dude is in the water, bleeding, but the sharks don't take him until she let him go? Yeah, no. I wanted to spork out my own eyes! :lol:

Lefreeze: landshark!
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    Le Freeze how do you not know Bill and Ted´s excellent adventure? :shock:
    It´s an education gap, just so you know!
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013
    Le Freeze how do you not know Bill and Ted´s excellent adventure? :shock:
    It´s an education gap, just so you know!

I do know bill & ted both movies, but, did not find about 3 movie on imdb.com...
  • bdunlefou
    89 posts
    edited January 2013
    anything Kubrick, Godard, or David Lynch... I cant pick one film
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    Bill and Ted's is a classic. And it's educational too!

And now I'm going to open myself up to scores of vitriol.

I don't get the love for Harry Potter. While none is a hot mess, not a single book or movie really blew me away. Yes, they were generally well cast and well acted, but the effects in the movies were never mindblowing and the way they were adapted often required the viewer to have read the book to know what's going on.

As for the books themselves, they're ok but not the greatest stories of all time like some people tout them. Its an interesting world, but as a writer Rowlings is a repetitive mess who desperately required a better editor to tighten up a lot of excesses. And, of course, each book/movie comes complete with its very own deus ex machina to resolve things. Which is good, since I think that Harry himself might be the dimmest protagonist going.

Of course, this is just my opinion. But feel free to light your torches and find your pitchforks....
  • lak000987
    216 posts
    edited January 2013
    It's a tie between Defending Your Life and The Purple Rose of Cairo
    ...closely followed by Office Space, The Princess Bride, and So I Married an Axe Murderer.

Shout-outs to The Big Lebowski and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. I haven't watched them enough times to call them all-time faves, but they are both fully awesome.

Clearly, I'm more of a comedy person than drama.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    LeFreeze wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:
    I'm holding out hope that <a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/10/bill-and-ted-3-keanu-reeves_n_1764133.html">Bill & Ted 3</a> (actually being made!!!) is most triumphant.

Did not see anything about this, on imdb..

It wouldn't be on IMDb yet because is hasn't been made... or finished... not sure of the status. But here is a lovely article from August 2012 that says it will be made, and that's all I really need to know!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/10/bill-and-ted-3-keanu-reeves_n_1764133.html
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    LeFreeze wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:
    I'm holding out hope that <a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/10/bill-and-ted-3-keanu-reeves_n_1764133.html">Bill & Ted 3</a> (actually being made!!!) is most triumphant.

Did not see anything about this, on imdb..

It wouldn't be on IMDb yet because is hasn't been made... or finished... not sure of the status. But here is a lovely article from August 2012 that says it will be made, and that's all I really need to know!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/10/bill-and-ted-3-keanu-reeves_n_1764133.html

Yah.. I saw, but any rumor, appears on imdb, reason that i was look for more infos ther...

I hope if its true, a great movie.. Agains...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.