EA Forums - Banner

Have 710 Donuts. Planning to go on a 340 donut spending spree. Need Advice

ms_358
145 posts Member
ms_358 wrote:
I have 710 donuts and plan to go on a spree soon.

Hans Moleman - 60
Kearney - 60
Bumblebee man - 60
Bartman skin -60
Spider pig - 100

What do you think

Bartman & Spiderpig. Yes definitely. Both iconic & both can fight felons in this event. I don't have the others so can't comment.

Replies

• MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    i would say get as many funzos and boardwalk performers as possible

then with the left overs get white fences
  • billdoors1533
    303 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    It depends on what you already have but I would always go for characters over skins unless you desperately want something just for the kudos of saying you have it
  • glenjamin8
    144 posts
    edited March 2015
    If this is your first time spending donuts don't waste it on skins regardless if they're only available for a limited time and can help out with the most recent event. You'll get more joy out of new characters, especially those that come with buildings.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I think those are all solid choices. I wouldn't recommend buying the all the same day though. To me it's more fun to run quests consecutively rather than concurrently.
  • barryriddl474
    4854 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    ms_358 wrote:

Hans Moleman - 60
    Kearney - 60
    Bumblebee man - 60
    Bartman skin -60
    Spider pig - 100

What do you think

I have all of these, and honestly, I keep the first 3 on your list in storage. Not worth assigning tasks, IMO. Kearney and Bumblebee Man hardly have any visual tasks. All are iconic characters though, so of course go with what you like.
  • fmust68
    384 posts
    edited March 2015
    I would hold off on getting the first 3 until the end of the event, just in case there's some $$$ goodies coming
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    spider pig. go all out on him.
    the rest depends on who you like most.
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • agentkhoff28
    73 posts
    edited March 2015
    I wish I could sell Bumblebee Man back. I've had him for well over a year and he's one of my least favorite premium characters because most all of his tasks are indoors. His visual task is very short too. Hans is pretty good. He has some good visual tasks.

But yes, get Plopper - good tasks and comes with the silo (which pays out).
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Hans Moleman can be won in a mystery box. I also agree with prioritizing limited time items and wait on those that will still be in the store. Definitely get plopper, he's a lot of fun and will help with the event. His building makes a flatulence sound when you tap it and he has a task where he "releases" a cloud a green smoke/gas from his bottom. If you'd like to venture into "childlike" fun to lighten your day, there's a thread of interesting combinations of character sounds that you could combine with the flatulence :)
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    MaxxSpider wrote:

What do boardwalk performers actually do for you? The other day I looked all over the place to find out if there was at least a bonus or something, but couldn't find anything outside of, "A performer for your boardwalk!"
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Definitely get Plopper. But I would wait a bit before going on a spree. There might be some cool limited time items coming during the last week of this event.
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    moarku wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

What do boardwalk performers actually do for you? The other day I looked all over the place to find out if there was at least a bonus or something, but couldn't find anything outside of, "A performer for your boardwalk!"

Maxx is being cheeky. These are the worst ways to spend your doughnuts.
  • jackmack010
    365 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    ms_358 wrote:

Hans Moleman - 60
    Kearney - 60
    Bumblebee man - 60
    Bartman skin -60
    Spider pig - 100

What do you think

They all have their own attributes. If you have to omit any, omit Bumblebee Man and Kearney.

Bartman is a must, Hans getting clobbered w/ a football is a hoot, Spider Pig is worth every donut just for the sound the Crap Silo makes when tapped!
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    moarku wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

Maxx is being cheeky. These are the worst ways to spend your doughnuts.

Ok, so I was right after all. Once I got the human statue the other day, I seriously spent about half an hour digging through the various Wikis and whatnot to figure out what they do for you. I feel like they should just spell out, "This character is only for when you've run out of other things to spend donuts on." At least the sites that aren't under direct EA control!
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I think you're better off getting a couple buildings that come with characters

I have so many characters that I barely notice or remember them now, but buildings/structures are always noticeable
  • Distracty
    306 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Mr Burns mystery boxes! There's a prize in every one, and at only 6 donuts, it's a steal.

340 donuts will get you 56 of these beauties. It will be an embarrassment of riches!
  • bort0matic
    121 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Regret buying bumblebee man and Kearney. Not big on skins and bartman was more about t-shirt and toy sales than anything. Iconic, my ****.
  • miraclemet
    422 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    get what you want, but I'd look at buildings that have characters.

Duff Brewery with Duff Man (190)
    Bowlarama with Barney (250)
    SleepEZ Motel with Miss Springfield (225)

• zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Plopper without question and Duffman/Brewery.

Oh yeah!

• teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    My thoughts on these items:

Moleman: Yes, for the 24 hour 'Short Film' task if nothing else!
    Kearney: No. Only one outdoor task and it isn't anything special.
    Bumblebee Man: Maybe. His outdoor tasks are both very short ones which I rarely use, but he also opens up a 24 hour premium broadcast at Channel 6 that pays out big money. So he's not so great as a character but very useful in generating cash.
    Plopper/Silo: Duh, of course
    Bartman: I got him but haven't done enough of the tasks yet to be able to judge how good the skin will be.
    New neighbors always welcome!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.