EA Forums - Banner

Friends with 0 pies, who seem to be playing event?

Check their carbon rod totals; if they haven't gotten enough to unlock clownface yet, they'll still be collecting CRs from clearing buildings and criminals.

Replies

• hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited March 2015

Those neighbors must not have completed phase one so they are still collecting carbon rods. Seems they are active just playing slowly. They will join phase two once they complete phase 1.
  • hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited March 2015
    Good to know! I hadn't thought about that.

What will happen at the end of the event if they're not caught up? Will it just end?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, it will most likely just end. They can only give us so much leeway.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    My feeder towns are still collecting rods (it is kind of odd though...looking for rainbow hair in one town, and the all black tip-toers in all the others). I don't have time to keep my main town up to date AND keep up on the feeders, so they suffer. It seems that I should get to phase 2 in them either over the weekend, or early next week. I DO play every day, and I do clear these towns daily, so I would fit your description...
  • chud3
    143 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    the rainbow hair is very helpful. : ) i have noticed some of my not-so-nice neighboreenos seem to have placed every black clothes skin available on all their characters. jackassery!
  • Tara1qt
    406 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    chud3 wrote:
    the rainbow hair is very helpful. : ) i have noticed some of my not-so-nice neighboreenos seem to have placed every black clothes skin available on all their characters. jackassery!

I was under the impression that you don't necessarily see the characters doing the jobs/tasks that they were assigned to by the owner.. Meaning I could put Homer on play on his Ipad but a visitor might see him in the pool.. I thought I read it somewhere that the characters when you visit are doing random things and not what they have been assigned to do. If that's the case then it could also mean they have no control over their clothing.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Tara1qt wrote:
    chud3 wrote:

I was under the impression that you don't necessarily see the characters doing the jobs/tasks that they were assigned to by the owner.. Meaning I could put Homer on play on his Ipad but a visitor might see him in the pool.. I thought I read it somewhere that the characters when you visit are doing random things and not what they have been assigned to do. If that's the case then it could also mean they have no control over their clothing.
    The random visual tasks only happen when a character is assigned an indoor task. Also, you'll never see them interacting with an item (such as the pool) unless they've been assigned to do so. Homer will often be seen wandering on his iPad in a neighbor's town, because it's visible and doesn't require an item. If you see him in the pool, he's been assigned to the pool.
  • Mirality
    251 posts
    edited March 2015
    Yesterday I got some handshakes from one of my neighbours. That hasn't happened for a while. :)
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Check their carbon rod totals; if they haven't gotten enough to unlock clownface yet, they'll still be collecting CRs from clearing buildings and criminals.

I have one who is actively visiting me, but has no rods or pies. That is technically impossible because he'd have to have the update to visit me (or am I wrong about this?). And he has most of the current buildings too. I just figured it was a weird glitch.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Tara1qt wrote:
    chud3 wrote:

Neurohart pretty much explained this, but she left out that while the tasks chosen are random, they don't change skins. As far as I can tell, they pick the tasks based on the skin they're set on.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Tara1qt wrote:
    chud3 wrote:

Neurohart pretty much explained this, but she left out that while the tasks chosen are random, they don't change skins. As far as I can tell, they pick the tasks based on the skin they're set on.
    Oh, yes, this is true. They stay in their skins. So, for example, any neighbors near my stonecutter lodge will just see them all wandering around like they're not on tasks, because they don't have outdoor tasks in those skins.
  • Canuck4L
    99 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Just as shocking to me is my neighbor that has nearly 600,000 pies! I went into his town just to check out what he has acquired from the second phase of this update and he has every skin/character and multiples of every Zenith building and phone booths :shock: I guess it's good for me as I can see what every skin/character and building looks like before I craft them :) he must really be putting those donuts to work :!:
  • Mirality
    251 posts
    edited March 2015
    If they have multiples of every Zenith building, then it's probably not the donuts.....
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    *clears throat*
  • wildcat2k
    70 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I barely got to phase 2 a couple days ago.

I get so many criminals/tiptoers that I didn't even have to visit friends to unlock the phase 1 prizes. I know I'm late compared to most but I've seen all the prizes online and nothing really interests me that much so I'm not bothering with grinding it out. I'd like Death Mountain but it's no big deal if I don't get it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.