EA Forums - Banner

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.0 Lollipop

Prev134
Mine too. I opened a ticket with ea but so far they just said uninstall and reinstall. Didn't help. I am ao far behind on ray guns.

Replies

• sautz4
    17 posts
    edited March 2015
    Now EA thinks it is a corrupt save file on their servers and want to roll back my game and progess to the last successful time I logged on. I was literally running Android 4.2.2 and all was fine. Then my phone updates to Android 5.0 and the game is unplayable. I highly doubt its the save file on the servers.
    I'll try the game on my wife's phone tonight to see if its payable and report back to EA.
    I am a little surprised there are only 2 reports of the Note 4 problem here. It is a popular phone.
  • caus13
    15 posts
    edited March 2015
    Same with me on the Note 4 And Lollipop. Game is unplayable now due to the lag.
  • sautz4
    17 posts
    edited March 2015
    EA says since the game works on an old phone I tested with but not the Note 4 after the lollipop update its a Note 4 issue.
    Oh well. So much for this game.
  • vegiisan
    3 posts
    edited March 2015
    It's not just the Note 4, I am having this problem on my Nexus 6 as well. Mine was stable on 5.0.1, how ever, but when I updated to 5.1 it became so laggy it's now unplayable. :-\
  • Cash5YR
    1 posts
    edited March 2015
    Ditto. All good before 5.1 update and now it is trashed. It will freeze up and people, buildings, and decorations will flicker in and out before getting 100% unresponsive.
  • sautz4
    17 posts
    edited March 2015
    Cash5YR wrote:
    Ditto. All good before 5.1 update and now it is trashed. It will freeze up and people, buildings, and decorations will flicker in and out before getting 100% unresponsive.

Thats exactly what I see after the Note 4 Android 5.0 update. All my fences and decorations flicker in and out and all the characters morph into other characters with each flicker. At least I'm not crazy. Hopefully EA realizes its really an issue to fix and not just tell everyone to contact their phone manufactures.
  • marisuzuki
    1 posts
    edited March 2015
    Same here, everything that's been mentioned. It's getting to the point where I might just have to give this game up :(
  • edited March 2015
    sautz4 wrote:
    Cash5YR wrote:

Thats exactly what I see after the Note 4 Android 5.0 update. All my fences and decorations flicker in and out and all the characters morph into other characters with each flicker. At least I'm not crazy. Hopefully EA realizes its really an issue to fix and not just tell everyone to contact their phone manufactures.

Same here. I rolled back. Worked fine. Took the update a second time. Same issue. It's an issue with the game and Lollipop. Not the phone manufacturer.
  • phimdo313
    2 posts
    edited March 2015
    Same problem as everybody else. Just got the stock Note 4 Lollipop 5.0.1 OTA from AT&T and the game has not worked since. All the characters and decorations are glitched, flickering between different items. It lags horribly and is unplayable. Tried to delete and re install with no difference. Seems to be a common problem here.
  • Asger2099
    5 posts
    edited March 2015
    i am also on a Note 4 that just got the lollipop update and since then has had major lag issues with this game but none of the other games on my phone ..

EA needs to figure this out cause they cant just brush it off as a note 4 issue as from what others have said this came about with the shift to lollipop and andriod makers will not make the OS to suit EA .... EA needs to find a way to make its game work on the OS other wise in the future they will lose out on a share of the market
  • simplybest511
    15 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Add me to the growing list of note 4 user unable to play my game. So far lollipop hadn't been sweet at all as far as I can see. Samsung or EA Games need to step up and fix this.
  • NOMOMERCY09
    26 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Lollipop, note 4....Same issues. Very frustrating. Hopefully we see a fix soon...
  • Jaiye_bo
    13 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Same issue. As soon as I downloaded Lollipop, game started lagging severely. Borderline playable at this point
  • pedrop_rc30
    17 posts
    edited April 2015
    Same issue. Android 5.0.2

Moto Maxx - XT1225

Definitely NOT a Samsung problem.
  • jwader
    1 posts
    edited April 2015
    Same issue here. Read on a different forum it was caused by the new Android Run Time. It's not limited to one brand of device. It's a lollipop issue. I rolled my Note 4 back to KK and the lag/flickering was gone.
  • marczimm_a
    12 posts
    edited April 2015
    It's not entirely a Lollipop issue. I'm running Tapped Out on various devices with Lollipop (Nexus 7 2012 5.1, Nexus 4 5.0.1 and moto g 5.0.2) and can confirm that it runs properly and flawlessly on all of them.

I'd rather assume that there's something in the Note 4 Lollipop version breaking the game. Since that device does so much special stuff with the display subsystem to enable multiple apps showing in windows at the same time, I'm hard pressed to suspect that Samsung has to fix some bugs in their specially tweaked programming interfaces.

That many other apps are still running fine after the OS upgrade is no proof of the fact that EA is the one doing something wrong. If at all, they could try to program around the (assumed) Samsung bugs to make it work.
  • pedrop_rc30
    17 posts
    edited April 2015
    Nope, marczimm_a. Mine is a Motorola, and I'm having exactly the same problem.
  • zackvh
    2 posts
    edited April 2015
    I can shed a little bit of light on this issue, at least for Nexus 6/Android 5.1.

The lag is caused due to recent Android Run Time (ART) optimizations in Android 5.1.
    ART is an application runtime, it is software designed to support the execution of mobile applications.

EA has not yet had the developers of Tapped Out optimize the game like they originally did when Lollipop first launched as the game had to be updated to use the new run time.

The changes were significant and have caused lag in a few games on Android that are not yet optimized. Once the optimization of Tapped Out is complete we will see no lag. However, I must say that I have been dealing with it for a month and it is extremely irritating.
  • AudioAlive718
    4 posts
    edited April 2015
    Yup - same issue here too. While I must say I'm not crazy about the latest update, it is EA's job to keep up to date on ANY new issues as they arise and STOP BLAMING THE PHONE! By the way EA, TinyCo - the fine folks behind the Family Guy game - discovered the issue almost immediately and not only fixed it in two days but kept me updated on the progress throughout. This is why I'm playing Family Guy almost exclusively right now and, if EA doesn't get it together fast, im gonna abandon the hundreds and hundreds of dollars and hours I've spent building a level 52 Springfield of over 600 items and $44 million. I've had it!
  • pedrop_rc30
    17 posts
    edited April 2015
    Yup - same issue here too. While I must say I'm not crazy about the latest update, it is EA's job to keep up to date on ANY new issues as they arise and STOP BLAMING THE PHONE! By the way EA, TinyCo - the fine folks behind the Family Guy game - discovered the issue almost immediately and not only fixed it in two days but kept me updated on the progress throughout. This is why I'm playing Family Guy almost exclusively right now and, if EA doesn't get it together fast, im gonna abandon the hundreds and hundreds of dollars and hours I've spent building a level 52 Springfield of over 600 items and $44 million. I've had it!

That's right EA!!! At least have the decensy to admit the problem and give us some position about solving it. Denying it is getting prety ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.