EA Forums - Banner

Did you Rush Brandine or Store her to finish the Saint Patrick's Day quest

Replies

• izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I can't answer this since I'm waiting on the task to see if they provide a fix. If they don't, I'll be speeding her up closer to April 23rd so I can hopefully only spend 10 donuts.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • rosesgirlnz
    4078 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I threw a quick baby shower, spent 21 dounts and welcomed my first spuckler a couple of months early :D
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Oatmeal832 wrote:
    got her in 2013 so didnt have this problem

Got her in 2014 so I also didn't have this problem! :-)
    yeah sorry i forgot it was 2014
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • anaquarind
    1494 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm waiting and hoping against hope for EA to fix this before the *. Patrick's day event ends. If push comes to shove, I will be storing her and saving the donuts.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • gamerjenn
    1 posts
    edited March 2015
    I have decided to let her continue her pregnancy. The reward of a stack of beer for the * Pat's quest just doesn't merit the cost of either donuts or losing over a month of a 3 month task. I'm still wishfully thinking they come up with a fix, but I doubt it'll happen.
    I've mentioned this elsewhere, but at least in my mind, there is an easy fix on EA's part. Just give everyone the darned stack of beer!!!
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Nope. Didn't store her or pay the 22 donuts. I felt it was unjust that those of us who bought her last month were being forced to pay donuts or cut 1/3 of our completed task off by storing her when everyone else did not to deal with that issue. It was set up unfairly and I decided the options stunk so I did nothing.
    Right now, my Brandine is roaming my Springfield, 30-something days into her pregnancy, and smoking like a chimney. I am just ignoring the lame Saint Patrick's event and will forfeit the beer kegs. Whatever. No biggie.
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I've been holding out to see if EA makes this right somehow. But considering today I got another full 450+MB "update" (in quotes because I've seen no changes at all), I'm losing hope on that front.

If it becomes clear they have no intention of doing so I will abort her, and be considerably less likely to buy donuts in the future, since it seems as if I've been punished for doing so.
  • mrbadxampl
    100 posts
    edited March 2015
    mrbadxampl wrote:
    I stashed her, it's only a lost month, and not like I need her to rush the kids so she can switch to income...

and now I finished the event, and got no donuts upon doing so... could have had a free Spuckler kid, I guess... rackum frackum EA...
  • fionabinkm740
    23 posts
    edited March 2015
    Stashed her, got the free beer and then got the little Spuckler going again.
    Kinda poetic.
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited March 2015
    No, I haven't rushed with donuts - yet. If EA come out with a fix or explanation or any kind of official kind of comment, message, Tweet, post, honestly I don't care how, and I have to rush it, then I will.

Until then, I'm standing pat.

After all I helped start all this fuss ;-)
  • SnarkTheCat
    138 posts
    edited March 2015
    I picked up Brandine at V-Day. I have been having too much fun sending her on her 24 hour task of shooting terrorists, LOL!

After this event, I may spend the 90 days for the little bundle of joy :-)
  • Khorah
    195 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I stored her. I wanted the beer keg things and didn't want to pay donuts for them. I also don't think it's fair that I would have to spend my newly acquired 20 donuts simply because I just bought brandine. It was the lesser evil, and I think donuts are worth more than time.

^-- This :(
  • mrsoctober12
    361 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    petehd14 wrote:
    I stored her. I wanted the beer keg things and didn't want to pay donuts for them. I also don't think it's fair that I would have to spend my newly acquired 20 donuts simply because I just bought brandine. It was the lesser evil, and I think donuts are worth more than time.

What if they have another Brandine task sometime in the next 90 days? Then you are screwed. They could have people waiting forever to finish this, unless they waste some of their donuts. It is very unfair.

That wouldn't be a very good move for EA to make. I'm not too bothered this time, but if it were to happen again, I and a lot of people are going to be mad. Like killasqrl said though; I doubt they will.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    There's no time limit on Brandine, so I stored her, and I'd store her again if it came up, unless she was very close to done.
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • duncan17959
    50 posts
    edited March 2015
    I rushed her in both of my towns. It wasn't that big a deal ( around $1 each). Plus, you get a Spuckler!
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Im doing nothing. I can live without finishing that quest line.
    And for what? A stack of beer?

Maybe the quest will still be there in 57 days?
  • janis810
    196 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    My Brandine was down to 18 donuts to rush, and I was going to wait until it got closer to April 23rd when it would cost me less donuts. But, I found that I got so annoyed every time I saw that unfinished quest on my task bar, that I decided to buy one golden scratch off ticket every morning for the next three days, figuring I'd win 6 donuts each time, end up with 18 donuts on the 3rd day, then for under $3, I could keep my present donut stash intact and put this whole unpleasant deal behind me. So, I bought my first golden scratch off ticket ever this morning, and... I won 50 donuts!
    Brandine is now taking a moonshine bath.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Yep!
  • SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Decided not to wait any longer for a fix, and went ahead and stored her. My donuts are too precious to use to speed her up so I figured I would rather lose 1 month pregnancy. Once her task finishes tomorrow I'll go ahead and put her on her 90 day spuckler task:)
  • nbpinkr2010
    232 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I rushed her. I only had a week left and was not about to store her and start all over.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.