EA Forums - Banner

Zenith City Storefront too bland for you? Tip:

Prev1
Looks nice. Not sure what to do with mine yet, but the phone booth certainly does spiff it up some. 8)

Replies

• mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Good idea. Even the storefront in The Interview was less bland than this one :lol:
  • Jasonwalker23
    35 posts
    edited March 2015
    interesting concept, looks really good! :)
  • 4junk3000
    5339 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I have mine placed in a way that it appears to be the back entrance of a shop. Kind of explains why there's no visible store name.

But it's too big compared to neighboring buildings. Just a little smaller would be nice.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I might try this, these buildings looked better in print, than they do in the game. I'm liking the Egg Nog Bar a lot more after these recent building were added.
  • jeffohmss
    158 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Nice!
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    It looks okay if you put it near the apartments and lofts. These three almost monochrome buildings are supposed to go together.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I agree it needs a little something to make it stand out more. I put two of the Squidport potted trees on either side of the door, and a Boardwalk Bench in front of it. I think the pink pots match the pink trim on the store almost perfectly.

Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • jayjaykay00
    242 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Neat. Now what to do with the other 30 phone booths?
    The storefront also looks nice next to sprawl mart even though the colors don't match exactly.
  • stevieort
    605 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    As soon as this event is over, I'm putting all of Zenith City into storage, save for the somewhat interesting Zenith Times building. A) As is pointed out, it's all mostly bland, and b) once again I'm bumping up against available land limitations.
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Happy tapping!
  • jaztee123
    431 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    The store front is my least favourite Zenith building, but I like what you've done with it OrdealByFire. After the event I'll play around with it, but I won't be too sad if it ends up in storage.
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I went with the "like with like" method and used my storefront as the rental office of an apartment complex.

8mRSLjh.png

(and yes, I know it still needs a bit more design work!)
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I am decorating my Zenith City stuff, and it now looks like a very professional district. I just need a hammock district to buy some business hammocks.
  • jancostello1
    15 posts
    edited March 2015
    Nice! I might have to plagiarise it ?
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited March 2015
    I've seen people knock off my designs too many times to count or to care.

"Imitation is the best form of flattery", I suppose. I'm not good at many things, but designing a sexy Springfield is one of them. :wink:
  • ebarber
    186 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Although it isn't perfect, to save on space, it is serving as my storefront for Honest John's Computers, with the brick part looking like a garage/storage facility. it matches enough, but still working on the back part so that the roof looks alright. The problem with the store front is that it is too plain, no sign or anything, but the giant man sign overally-compensates for it..
    b843sy.png
  • Drew_City915
    10 posts
    edited March 2015
    TEEHfBo.jpg

I made it into a side entrance for the mall. The lighter colors seem to work together (at least in my mind).
  • psycho1189
    311 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I attached mine to the krustlyland shuttle and made it look like some sort of bus depot.

vNqcA93.jpg
  • matthewgonemad
    52 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Hey everyone,
    I got two storefronts and I think of them more as offices, maybe doctors offices, maybe buisness' but not storefronts.
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    psycho1189 wrote:
    I attached mine to the krustlyland shuttle and made it look like some sort of bus depot.

That's my favorite so far. I think I'll be sticking with my "apartment complex rental office" version, but if I had a second one I'd totally do that.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!