EA Forums - Banner

Dumb instructions...

74hands
449 posts Member
^ :lol:

warning-fails-15.jpg
My choice for all my Tapped Out news and troll-free friendly chat is the EA officially approved Tapped Out UK :)

Replies

• rosesgirlnz
    4078 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I love this one :lol:
    N5Pm7cp.jpg
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited March 2015
    I love this one :lol:
    N5Pm7cp.jpg
    haha I like that :lol:
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    battery-removed.jpg
  • rosesgirlnz
    4078 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    IWoK8cl.jpg
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited March 2015
    I love these silly instructions :lol:

Just goes to show you tho how many stupid people are actually out there being that the suppliers of these products have had to state this on their goods :roll: :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • rosesgirlnz
    4078 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Just goes to show you tho how many stupid people are actually out there being that the suppliers of these products have had to state this on their goods :roll: :lol:

Every time I see the "caution contents hot" one on McDonald's drinks I become irrationally annoyed :twisted:
  • henpot7514
    6010 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    74hands wrote:
    Just had the dumbest set of instructions with a product ever. I received a free blow-up multi-coloured striped beach ball (you all know the type) that for some reason had instructions - six of them. I've never needed instructions to blow up a beach ball before but hey, maybe I'll learn something new I thought, so I read them. They were all useless, but the first one got my attention:

"#1: Inflate beach ball. For best results, use mouth." :shock:

I can only think of two other ways to inflate a beach ball without using a pump or air supply - the first one would take some effort and would be idiotic when your mouth was right next door; and the the other would be disgusting and probably require consuming copious amounts of baked beans, not to mention making the contents highly flammable. :!:

Do you have any examples of dumb instructions?

:lol:
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited March 2015
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Every time I see the "caution contents hot" one on McDonald's drinks I become irrationally annoyed :twisted:

:lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • rosesgirlnz
    4078 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Brevis45 wrote:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy3o1zmIGbpidRilTAdHD0LxmujzGpfShqxcZKHcq2HX83N19H

:lol::lol::lol:
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

There IS a reason for that, though. Look up "Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants" on Wikipedia and you'll understand why that woman had a valid case. McDonald's was serving coffee that was literally scalding hot. It wasn't a frivolous lawsuit.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    These are hilarious. Sadly, if not for these obvious warnings, people would sue if they got hurt... perhaps by holding the wrong end of a chainsaw. :lol:
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    2hn5etu.jpg
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:
    These are hilarious. Sadly, if not for these obvious warnings, people would sue if they got hurt... perhaps by holding the wrong end of a chainsaw. :lol:

Every time I hear the word "chainsaw", I think of a list I heard of once of "words you wouldn't want to have in your obituary". I can't recall all of them, but some were "propeller", "debris", "chainsaw", "DNA", "smoldering", "crane", and "severed" ...
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited March 2015
    a few days ago an exorsize bike me and my moms orderd had crap instuctions, it showed full pic without really any steps, and i had to guess what wire plugs into where, they were unmarked and diddent say what wire gose into what.
  • 4junk3000
    5905 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

There IS a reason for that, though. Look up "Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants" on Wikipedia and you'll understand why that woman had a valid case. McDonald's was serving coffee that was literally scalding hot. It wasn't a frivolous lawsuit.

I saw some kind of documentary on that and was shocked. Poor lady really got screwed by the media. Now that I know the truth I'm glad she won.
  • 4junk3000
    5905 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    74hands wrote:
    Just had the dumbest set of instructions with a product ever. I received a free blow-up multi-coloured striped beach ball (you all know the type) that for some reason had instructions - six of them. I've never needed instructions to blow up a beach ball before but hey, maybe I'll learn something new I thought, so I read them. They were all useless, but the first one got my attention:

"#1: Inflate beach ball. For best results, use mouth." :shock:

I can only think of two other ways to inflate a beach ball without using a pump or air supply - the first one would take some effort and would be idiotic when your mouth was right next door; and the the other would be disgusting and probably require consuming copious amounts of baked beans, not to mention making the contents highly flammable. :!:

Do you have any examples of dumb instructions?

I think The point of that particular warning should specify not to use a high pressure pump.

I worked at a gas station one summer in college, near a beach resort. People would come in all the time asking to use the air. We would tell them it's under very high pressure and we don't recommend it. They would overinflate and pop their stuff in like 2 seconds flat all the time. We'd try not to laugh but it's always funny watching them jump.

Making me laugh right now just thinking about this guy who had a big inflatable alligator. It took full shape and exploded so fast, he jumped and ran like it was alive. omg it was hilarious.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.