I wonder what Easter will bring us in Springfield

Replies

• lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    moarku wrote:
    How about a Passover event featuring Rabbi * Krustofsky? :D

giphy.gif

I second, third, and fourth this suggestion.

Also, if I were in charge, Shari Bobbins would become available for a limited time (maybe Easter Week) for 1,000 cash.

Yep, you heard me right. CASH.

Be a great way for EA to say "We're really sorry."
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • RichardJH11
    212 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    moarku wrote:
    How about a Passover event featuring Rabbi * Krustofsky? :D

giphy.gif

I second, third, and fourth this suggestion.

Also, if I were in charge, Shari Bobbins would become available for a limited time (maybe Easter Week) for 1,000 cash.

Yep, you heard me right. CASH.

Be a great way for EA to say "We're really sorry."

Fantastic suggestion. Everything that was available last Easter whether premium or not should be available via the event or in game cash. NOTHING from last year should be premium.
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    burning easter box

when you tap on it a FREE wheel will show up. The wheel contains all rare easter 2014 prizes. Once you won a prize the prize gets replaced by 10 - 100 donuts.

and with FREE I mean its FREE so no currency used
  • SnarkTheCat
    138 posts
    edited March 2015
    Wijsheid wrote:
    Actually no guarantee to win all prizes which made it an actual exiting game

I think there are still players who haven't been back after exiting the Easter event in 2014.
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I would like sherry bobbins to return for a reasonable amount of donuts and no easter boxes. That's all a girl could ask for.

Personally, I wouldn't be happy. I tapped, tapped, tapped and finally got it... But if I knew that there was a possibility to get it the following year simply by buying it, I wouldn't have wasted my time. I think that most people who eventually won it would feel the same. It was a difficult one to win!

That aside... I can't believe a year has already gone by!!

Time... Slow the heck down!!!!!
  • mrsoctober12
    361 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I would like sherry bobbins to return for a reasonable amount of donuts and no easter boxes. That's all a girl could ask for.

Personally, I wouldn't be happy. I tapped, tapped, tapped and finally got it... But if I knew that there was a possibility to get it the following year simply by buying it, I wouldn't have wasted my time. I think that most people who eventually won it would feel the same. It was a difficult one to win!

That aside... I can't believe a year has already gone by!!

Time... Slow the heck down!!!!!

I see what you are saying and I do understand, but the same can be said for those of us who refused to spend donuts and put in a lot of time trying on the easter event and couldn't get it. I think that everybody should be able to get sherry bobbins if they'd like to have her.
  • raswartz
    66 posts
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, I quit playing for a few weeks after last Easter. Only the Stonecutters event convinced me that TSTO was going to be fun again. There were a lot of cool prizes, and I didn't feel entitled to winning them all, but the fact that I had no control at all over what I could win (without sinking an ongodly amount of money into the game) was what made the Easter event so awful. It's ok to try to siphon as much money as possible from us players, I expect that, but at least add something fun. Otherwise I can go back to killing time looking at annotated cat photos online.
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited March 2015
    Isn't Easter next weekend? I can't imagine there would be any kind of event when the Superheroes event is still happening now.
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Isn't Easter next weekend? I can't imagine there would be any kind of event when the Superheroes event is still happening now.

It could be a mini-event like Saint Patricks which happened in the middle Superheroes, or Valentine's Day that included a lead-in to the big event. I hope if they do something it's no more than that. I've got tapper's fatigue. :)
  • caffeinebuzz
    9 posts
    edited March 2015
    raswartz wrote:
    Yeah, I quit playing for a few weeks after last Easter. Only the Stonecutters event convinced me that TSTO was going to be fun again. There were a lot of cool prizes, and I didn't feel entitled to winning them all, but the fact that I had no control at all over what I could win (without sinking an ongodly amount of money into the game) was what made the Easter event so awful.

Whacking Day was the only event that made me go

jOEQ9Se.jpg

I quit playing for months.

Easter was pretty bad too but I did get some cool stuff like the Egg Council guy and the Blocko store. It sucked not getting Shari Bobbins and a few of the other prizes but meh.
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I can't see the Scottish/MacBeth event (aka Easter for those unfamiliar with those references) returning this year as a big event. If it does return in any way, I think those who have guessed a mini event are probably right. I don't think EA will be giving away the items from last year for free, but some might return for donuts. I'd like to see a couple of new items for those of us who (barely) managed to get everything, but will be okay if they don't (well - I might be a bit disappointed, but it won't be the end of the world). :wink:
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    It might be a dangerous thing to admit I need more fences. So let me say, instead,

giphy.gif
  • randyybear
    43 posts
    edited March 2015
    I hated last year's Easter event. Not just because it was dreadful, but because I have always disliked the holiday in general.

I don't mind if we have an event, just please no Easter. :x
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Hopefully no boxes :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • sidekickgirl
    15 posts
    edited March 2015
    Easter last year almost made me quit the game. I like to be rewarded for playing, like most other events they had. When I left Easter 2014 without many of the prizes I REALLY wanted, it opened my eyes and It definitely made me scale back on donut purchases.

If we get an Easter event, I hope it's more like Christmas 2013 or even the Superhero event. No wheels, no *, reward directly related to dedication.
  • forumusername
    30 posts
    edited March 2015
    Why do people seem to think that if there was another Easter event it would be exactly like the last one? I keep reading people saying they hated the last one so they don't want another, or that they'd want one as long as there were no wheels. Why would anyone think they would just bring back the same event as last year?
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited March 2015
    moarku wrote:

It could be a mini-event like Saint Patricks which happened in the middle Superheroes, or Valentine's Day that included a lead-in to the big event. I hope if they do something it's no more than that. I've got tapper's fatigue. :)
    I bet a lot of people feel similarly, I certainly do. A mini event would be ok.
  • ebarber
    186 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Last year's event was also complex. The more complex the event, the higher the risk of glitches and problems related to that event. The whole blue/pink basket thing, collecting eggs, random chances, everything. (Again, traumatic event that I have tried mentally blocking, if I get something wrong, please don't refresh my memory about it by correcting me). The problem boiled down to the fact that the prizes that were free and to be earned, in spite of all that work, weren't being earned. People, like me, were spending donuts like crazy in order to earn free prizes. And in the end, even that didn't work. In spite of spending donuts, one prize still eluded me, and when it was made available for purchase (for donuts, none-the-less), I was, and am, so burnt out on the event, that I refuse to purchase it for donuts.
    No, EA won't repeat the event, and they have learned from it, but the "trauma" is still there for some of us and we still flinch at the mention of a possible Easter event. Simple Pavlovian reaction.
  • sidekickgirl
    15 posts
    edited March 2015
    Why do people seem to think that if there was another Easter event it would be exactly like the last one? I keep reading people saying they hated the last one so they don't want another, or that they'd want one as long as there were no wheels. Why would anyone think they would just bring back the same event as last year?

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me I just don't want some event where people genuinely don't have a chance to benefit from the level of gameplay they give to the app. I fully realize that we probably won't have a wheel or randomized boxes, but there is always a chance that the creators could mix things up again and invent something equally as frustrating.

I don't play tap games to be frustrated and unfulfilled. I've got a career for that.
  • forumusername
    30 posts
    edited March 2015

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me I just don't want some event where people genuinely don't have a chance to benefit from the level of gameplay they give to the app. I fully realize that we probably won't have a wheel or randomized boxes, but there is always a chance that the creators could mix things up again and invent something equally as frustrating.

I don't play tap games to be frustrated and unfulfilled. I've got a career for that.

I get that, but based on the last few events that doesn't seem to be the model any more (unless you count the crafting). Do people think that just because it's EASTER it would automatically be some sort of chance based event?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.