EA Forums - Banner

House Prices

Prev13
Hey Guys

My question is whether this pricing structure has always been part of the game. Is it somehow tied to property value (I'm building on more expensive land now)? Is this a way to inhibit this mode of wealth accrual and force players to earn money through time-consuming, premium-focused (read: donut purchase) strategies?

Just became live with the last patch.

Replies

• AvramBelinksi
    22 posts
    edited April 2015
    I'm sure the players are not happy about this.
  • B22eerzy
    24 posts
    edited April 2015

Well with your daily thousands you shouldn't have a problem paying a bit more.
  • AvramBelinksi
    22 posts
    edited April 2015
    Daily thousands used to cut it; my first house phase was pulling in around $50,000/day. But when you reach level 49, the relative costs of items go up, as you know. That's why I needed a new, bigger housing phase.
  • miraclemet
    422 posts Member
    edited April 2015

nope, Im fine with it...
  • AvramBelinksi
    22 posts
    edited April 2015
    Okay. I guess I'm the lone dissenter here.
  • tsgrbart437
    14 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    19000.. dude that is a STEAL! My whites are 192000 EACH and my blues... 216000 each. at 19000 id buy all day long!

it is pathetic that a company says "build springfield the way you want to" and now tried to control HOW you do that.. really who is hurt by a person building homes? it affects no other person in the game as no two springfields are connected! its pathetic and over reactive.
  • AvramBelinksi
    22 posts
    edited April 2015
    19000.. dude that is a STEAL! My whites are 192000 EACH and my blues... 216000 each. at 19000 id buy all day long!

it is pathetic that a company says "build springfield the way you want to" and now tried to control HOW you do that.. really who is hurt by a person building homes? it affects no other person in the game as no two springfields are connected! its pathetic and over reactive.

I don't think it's over-reactive on their part. EA makes money off of this game; that's, of course, its primary function for their purposes. They probably analyzed the data and saw gonzo house building was taking real money away from them, likely in the form of people spending less time in the game and less money on premium items. So, this is purely a business decision on their part, one I'm sure will bring up their bottom line.

Look, we all know this, and the game itself parodies this aspect of the model, but I think it means they're losing some revenue.
  • 4junk3000
    6209 posts Member
    edited April 2015

What is pathetic and overreactive is the response to this change. This same pricing technique has always applied to squidport tiles and all of the land and water.

So they want to slow the progress of new players, so the game lasts longer. How is that beyond the scope of the game makers? It doesn't cost additional REAL money, only game money. Not reaching into your pocket, just suggesting you play more patiently. Is that what's really got people bothered? Being told to be PATIENT???

I've never house farmed, I have always seen it as a shortcut to an end I don't want to reach anyway. Makes no sense to me.

So this change doesn't affect me at all. It just eliminates an unnecessary short cut for impatient noobs.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • AvramBelinksi
    22 posts
    edited April 2015
    I don't want to invite a whole bunch of angry responses with this. It's just a game, and I want to start a discussion (a civil discussion) about this new aspect of it.

You raise some good points. Did the squidport always use this tiered pricing structure?
  • HappyGamer73
    2408 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Yes, Squidport tiles have always had a tiered pricing. Not only do they get more expensive, they take much more time to build as you get more and more.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised they didn't have incremental pricing on houses long ago, but doesn't really bother me one way or the other.
  • ndeeka
    440 posts
    edited April 2015
    There's an upside to it.... sales price went up as well.

I've had a bunch of brown houses sitting in my inventory and sold 30 something of them at 4000 profit each :mrgreen:
  • AvramBelinksi
    22 posts
    edited April 2015
    Okay, so it's a whatever thing. I agree. I just wanted to see if this was a new thing.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I'm all for this change. But then again I never jumped on the house farming bandwagon.
  • AvramBelinksi
    22 posts
    edited April 2015
    So it's a seller's market then! Thinking of unloading some houses :)
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Yeah it seems like EA executed this whole house pricing structure change very well. Let's hope the positive momentI'm keeps going!
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Good if you've got 300-something houses. I don't know exactly how many I've got, but it's probably closer to 100 or less. It would be a nice chunk of change, but I don't think I'm quite ready to sell them, especially since it wouldn't net me nearly as much.

Maybe later. Pity I didn't plan ahead and stock up before the update.
  • BeLikeTheDude
    420 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Ahh crap. I sold my blue house farm just before Xmas.

Feel like homer and his pumpkin futures

D'oh
    Senior Moderator (for 25 minutes on Sept 23 2016)
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited April 2015
    My prized house farm for a mere 20 million? Ha!
  • regankong
    58 posts
    edited April 2015
    Ahh crap. I sold my blue house farm just before Xmas.

Feel like homer and his pumpkin futures

D'oh

I told you to sell those pumpkins before Halloween! Before!
  • Robbie8575
    28 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I think this price increase is ridiculous. Yes I have house farms but how else am I supposed to get money? I refuse to drop $20 here and $50 there just to get donuts. The game is supposed to be "free" the only thing that has saved me as a player is the mystery box now giving real prizes...in two days I've gotten lard lad. The blue haired lawyer the news van and 10 donuts. Thank you ea for giving me something in return. As far as selling my houses...no way! I worked hard to make my town what it is 7-8 months tapping my a#% off and I'm not about to sell out
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.