EA Forums - Banner
CLOSURE ANNOUNCEMENT: The TSTO forums will be closed on December 13th, 2023. Read more about the future of the forums here.

10 Commandments and Caddyshack

zutroy69
456 posts Member
Nope, but a nice idea. I am going to color Easter eggs with my kids and resume tapping on Sunday.

Replies

• mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    2jcx6oh.jpg
  • 4junk3000
    6834 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Idk why they cited those two movies in the game. Are they easter movies? I haven't seen the 10 commandments but I thought that was about Moses, not the resurrection of JC, and Ive seen Caddyshack and don't remember it being anything easter, just golf.

In that respect, I'm with Towelie.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • amytobler894
    79 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    10 commandments always shown on TV in US every Easter. Caddy shack has a part with a bishop playing his best round of golf in a thunder storm until he misses a putt then is struck down by lightening.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Idk why they cited those two movies in the game. Are they easter movies? I haven't seen the 10 commandments but I thought that was about Moses, not the resurrection of JC
    It might still be one of "god's favorite movies." I think Caddyshack was just for the lulz.

...I have to think the Flanderized version of Caddyshack is about ten minutes long.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    a41327c64d1dfbaf82a219b6cfb4c47b.jpg
  • 4junk3000
    6834 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Idk why they cited those two movies in the game. Are they easter movies? I haven't seen the 10 commandments but I thought that was about Moses, not the resurrection of JC
    It might still be one of "god's favorite movies." I think Caddyshack was just for the lulz.

...I have to think the Flanderized version of Caddyshack is about ten minutes long.
    No kidding! Ha!
    I can't imagine him getting through the opening credits!
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    the 10 Commandments is in reference to Passover
  • LisaSimpsonOH
    473 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    4junk3000 wrote:

No kidding! Ha!
    I can't imagine him getting through the opening credits!

Yeah, I loved they chose that movie. It is one of my favorites, and I may just have to join in the Flanders Easter marathon. Or, at the very least, re-enact the Cinderella Story scene.
  • redwagonner
    91 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Question:

JC = Joan Crawford, right?
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    cdepast wrote:
    a41327c64d1dfbaf82a219b6cfb4c47b.jpg

This is the number one thing I say to my son in public and men always chuckle, women tend to give me a disappointed look. Then I buy him whatever he wants.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Spalding Smails: I want a hamburger. No, cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake. I want potato chips
    [gets cut off by Judge Smails]
    Judge Smails: You'll get nothing, and like it!

• zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:
    Spalding Smails: I want a hamburger. No, cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake. I want potato chips
    [gets cut off by Judge Smails]
    Judge Smails: You'll get nothing, and like it!

Are you going to eat your fat?
  • stinkbugger
    1984 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Semi-related....name the movie this dialog is from:

M: All right, everybody to bed!
    S: No, wait! Dad said we could watching The Ten Commandments!
    M: Roy, that movie is four hours long.
    D: I said they could watch the five commandments.
  • zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Semi-related....name the movie this dialog is from:

M: All right, everybody to bed!
    S: No, wait! Dad said we could watching The Ten Commandments!
    M: Roy, that movie is four hours long.
    D: I said they could watch the five commandments.

Great reference. Can't believe I couldn't place it and had to google :oops:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.