EA Forums - Banner

Nexus 6 - Lollipop 5.1 - extreme lag in town

I have the same problem. However I never bother checking krustyland or my neighbors as I feel the game is unplayable right now.

I've heard this is happened to several games and is either a 5.1 bug or the game is not updated to run with the new Android Run Time (ART).

Either way, I hope they fix it soon. I won't be playing until they do....

Replies

• pedrop_rc30
    17 posts
    edited April 2015
    Same here. Althouht, I have a Moto Maxx. My Android version is the 5.0.2. Since the upgrade, extremes lags. Aleeady tried do reinstall, but nothing. 3GB of RAM, plenty space in the phone... There's no reason for the lags.
  • victoriaw76
    29 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Yep, sounds like an OS issue, yet another device here - Samsung Note 4 - just updated this morning and in my own main town, lag lag lag.
  • thesuti
    2 posts
    edited April 2015
    Same here. Althouht, I have a Moto Maxx. My Android version is the 5.0.2. Since the upgrade, extremes lags. Aleeady tried do reinstall, but nothing. 3GB of RAM, plenty space in the phone... There's no reason for the lags.

Same here. After my Moto Maxx (XT1225) updated to Lollipop 5.0.2, the game became unplayable while in town. When I go to Krustyland it works fine though.
  • thesuti
    2 posts
    edited April 2015
    thesuti wrote:

Same here. After my Moto Maxx (XT1225) updated to Lollipop 5.0.2, the game became unplayable while in town. When I go to Krustyland it works fine though.

The game updated today and it appears the lag is a little less... "laggy". Textures stopped flickering and tap response is better. Still, not the same as it was, but it's something.
  • PirateKng
    9 posts
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for updating the game. Works now on my Nexus 6. It is much smoother. Even smoother than before. However It seems.... Sluggish?

Either way. Thanks EA.

Update; I played it again today, and it went to *. I reset my phone and it helps a little. But its still pretty choppy. Its at least playable.. Thanks for trying EA.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • pedrop_rc30
    17 posts
    edited April 2015
    PirateKng wrote:
    Thanks for updating the game. Works now on my Nexus 6. It is much smoother. Even smoother than before. However It seems.... Sluggish?

Either way. Thanks EA.

Mine was A LITTLE better today (not perfect thoug). But I've just downloaded an update... aaaand lagging again. Still awaiting for some position by EA.
  • robert_kis556
    2 posts
    edited August 2015
    It has been months and this issue still has not been addressed.
  • justinschltz
    11 posts
    edited August 2015
    Hopefully as more Android phones get updated to 5.1, maybe then they will do something. Mine is better than before, but still shouldn't have the lag, fence flicker ect. Other apps run fine, just this game. Running droid turbo, so memory is not an issue. On my tablet, still running KitKat and game is fine. Go figure, the older device runs the game better.
  • 22steelpaw
    238 posts Member
    edited September 2015
    I updated my Nexus 7 to Lollipop 5.0.2 and regretted it. TSTO became very laggy, as did other games like Candy Crush Soda. Eventually, I reinstalled KitKat 4.4.4, which fixed my problems. This was not an easy process, and the fact that I bothered to do it is a good measure of how much Lollipop stuffed up my tablet.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.