EA Forums - Banner

What are your most regretted donut purchases?

Replies

• lg07cb218
    57 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Now that we have new mystery boxes I regret buying the tire Fire, the blue haired lawyer, Kearny, and sweaky voiced teen....
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Hover-copter!

I wasted a few hundred donuts to speed up crafting the Hover-copter on the last day of event, only to find that it's available for sale after the due date is over... Ghrrrrr!
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • Cyborg401
    9 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I don't know if it's a purchase but trying to hit the X when I gave a character a task....hitting the accelerate button ...panac and not able to hit the cancel button in time....lost a few doughnuts that way.
    Almost anything from the Easter event last year.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Cyborg401 wrote:
    I don't know if it's a purchase but trying to hit the X when I gave a character a task....hitting the accelerate button ...panac and not able to hit the cancel button in time....lost a few doughnuts that way.

ALWAYS have your "Confirm Donut Spend" settings on.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    That hobo character. What's his name. The one who invented Itchy & Scratchy.

Can't stand that character. And his car is equally crap.
    Complete waste of donuts.

I let him do his 24hr task behind a building all the time so i don't have to see him.
  • luckyzl230
    158 posts
    edited April 2015
    I guess all the Easter stuff last year as a lot has already posted.
    Sucks to think I spent doughnuts on gold eggs just to get Johnny Fiestas and Hugs Bunny.
    Only to find out you could have got them now. The only thing I can't remember is how many golden eggs I bought at the time to get those two and if it equaled out to what they are now offered in the store.

Lard Lad as I have two of them now, I think one is just a skin from Halloween in 2012.

Also, I really think I wasted doughnuts on the card that we were able to buy to get twice of something when visiting friends. It was not the Superhero event, but the one before that.

Last would be the Teleporter Omega. Thought it was cool at first but now just sits there and I never use it.

Oh and of course all the speed ups thinking I needed to at the time but later found out that I had plenty of time :-)
  • Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Brevis45 wrote:
    200.gif:mrgreen:

Hmmmm. I would have agreed- but Shari bobbins. I should have won her.........
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Brevis45 wrote:
    Brevis45 wrote:
    200.gif:mrgreen:

Hmmmm. I would have agreed- but Shari bobbins. I should have won her.........

Yeah I know. I think most of us expected EA would bring her back for donuts. ( Well I was. )

Expected for sure.... She could have been a little cheaper though. Oh well, I needed her.
    Dang you EA!
    Lol :mrgreen:
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    From the first tapper:

Manjula - wanted another female, but Manjula's kind of a witch

and not buying:

Mayan Marge and Bare Chested Willie
  • marpr91
    35 posts
    edited April 2015
    Blue funzo. I accidentally clicked on him during the first Christmas event and regretted it since then. I don't store him in my neighborhood so he can act as a reminder to the error I have made.
  • CPTSean541
    118 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I have everything that's been offered to me.

The only thing I regret is that floating red thing offered in the superhero event.

I'm also glad I didn't buy the floating ghost ship.
  • Triumph1071
    25 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Cyborg401 wrote:

ALWAYS have your "Confirm Donut Spend" settings on.

I do, but I find that sometimes after an update it's magically turned off again. I discovered that this past week when I accidentally sped up a task. Oh well.
  • Dexterslab32
    83 posts
    edited April 2015
    I really regret the burns monster. I am not sure what I was hoping for but that wasn't it. I also regret the times that I was impatient and sped up something when I just needed to chill out.

I'm not sure that I regret passing on anything as of yet.
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    My first purchase, I bought the School bus, the Donut shop and something else o don't remember. Once I had them in my game I felt so silly having just spent $20 dollars on some stuff just to put in my digital game. But that didn't last long, several donut purchases later I enjoy every purchase I have made.
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    boldbhoy wrote:
    Pretty much every donut I spent in last Easter's event. All to get Shari Bobbins - and she was reissued yesterday.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh ?

THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!!!!!!!!

Oh, and also... THIS!!!

:evil:
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Wasting my donuts on those stupid Easter eggs just to get Shari Bobbins is my biggest regret. All she does now is walk around my town doing nothing. To be fair though some of the eggs were paid for with Amazon coins but its still a painful memory of an awful event.
  • tsgrbart437
    14 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    The mutant bunny? OH! You mean the one that we were given for FREE this morning for Easter... yeah.. that would suck

Not sure why people are hating on the new mystery box.. i got 8 channel 6 vans, lard lad, tire fire, kearny, blue hair lawyer, 4 itchy billboards, and a few other things, along with almost 100 donuts, all in 12 hours or so. dont hate!
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Don't ever spend donuts on events again. That stuff usually comes back in yard sales or mini-holiday events.
    The mutant bunny? OH! You mean the one that we were given for FREE this morning for Easter... yeah.. that would suck

There is a different Mutant Bunny that was released to promote the Simpsonrama episode. That was also when they offered Matt Groening and the Writers' Building.
  • johncolombo
    11603 posts Senior Moderator
    edited April 2015
    boldbhoy wrote:
    Pretty much every donut I spent in last Easter's event. All to get Shari Bobbins - and she was reissued yesterday.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh ?

THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS! THIS!!!!!!!!

Oh, and also... THIS!!!

:evil:

this.gif
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I agree with the majority of longer players on here. The only donuts I truly regret spending now are on Easter last year, Radstation Air Fortress recently, and on several of the items that can now be won easily in the new mystery box. Mainly the Lard Lad's, as I now have 3 Lard Lads plus the Lard Lad Church. So I don't know what to do with all of them, and I haven't even actually purchased any of the new mystery boxes. I had just bought BHL when the Superhero Event started, which I regret now.

Besides those, the only older thing I regret is Candy Kevin. Total impulse buy during the Xmas event. Well, and when I first started playing before the confirm donut spend button existed, I accidentally bought in game cash for donuts while just trying to scroll through the screen. I was so upset after that happened. Truly the worst buy ever, should not even be an option in the game.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.