EA Forums - Banner

How much money have you spent on this game?

Prev1
$0.00 US dollars. I've been tempted though

Replies

• NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited April 2015
    It depends. I have spent $39 from gifts but only $1 of my own money.
  • devilhunt1449
    3768 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    To much but I don't count it up as I go along.
  • roperlego859
    487 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    To much but I don't count it up as I go along.
    ^this
  • velinadelinis
    2093 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Not sure to be honest. Only occasionally buy amounts of donuts. Have $60 on iTunes waiting for something awesome to happen at the moment. That will take me over $100 but I am really unsure :oops:
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    More than I'm willing to admit. :oops:
  • Smurfercom
    158 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    62.50, 2.50 over my limit i blame it on plopper...
  • fmust68
    384 posts
    edited April 2015
    $0.00 US dollars. I've been tempted though
    ^this
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    easily 10^3+ over the past 2.5 years. I know, it's sad...
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I've spent several in gift cards and itunes cards that I won. But I work in sales, food sales to be specific, and the different product manufacturers are continually doing different types of sales contests and spiffs. However, with the tax rules, they often cannot give us direct cash, so we have to choose from different gift card options. I get Starbucks cards occasionally as well, but the majority have been Itunes cards.

But I have spent at least $60 of my own money as well. Premium items, especially limited time ones, can become expensive.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    $$$$ mucho dinero $$$$
  • jaztee123
    431 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    $50 gift card plus approx $150 of my own. I figure that for the amount of time I spend on this game, over such a long period of time, it probably isn't the worst expense.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I've bought a "Store Full of 900 Donuts" twice, back when they were $49.99. But with the exchange rate and tax, it cost like $56 each. So I guess I've spent $112 on the game. However, I also accidentally bought the "Store Full" once (long story), then I got a refund, I got my money back on my Visa, but the Google Playstore never removed the donuts from my TSTO, and the EA online support people said I could just keep them. So I got 900 free donuts. Plus 200 from the Gil deal over Christmas, then EA gave me 200 free ones when my Gil deal took over a month to go through, so I've spend $112 but I've gotten 3100 donuts out of it. :D
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • theslayer369
    2002 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I've no idea, I wouldn't want to add it up, it would scare me. :wink:
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I've only started buying donuts this past September. I think I spent close to $120. Not bad for 3 years of entertainment. :D
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I've been playing this game from the very start and have always been a Prem player, so i am defo in the £1,000 vote status :oops: Thankfully there isnt a poll for the amount i have spent on this game :lol:

But if you break it down....if you was to buy 900 donuts per month (from the start) you would have spent £1,440 so far anyway so technically it not hard to do over a grand really. Ok ok this is just me trying to justify the spending :lol::mrgreen:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I haven't bought any donuts. Maybe I will but I don't think it will be anytime soon.
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited April 2015
    Zip, zero, nada.

I'm too much of a tight *, and have grown up learning you never pay for anything in terms of computer software/games
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I've no idea, I wouldn't want to add it up, it would scare me. :wink:

Unfortunately... this. ^

But here's how I look at it...

I could spend the same amount watching crap movies that I'll only see once, but wish I never wasted my money, OR I could spend it on this game which gives me hours of enjoyment daily. Plus, there's a forum attached to the game where I can meet new people or chat with those I've already met. Not to mention new events that bring a fresh new face to the game several times a year. So I can shell out ten bucks every so often for a two hour movie that I'll only watch once, or ten bucks every so often for a game that I've been playing for well over a YEAR!!

I don't regret a dime. :mrgreen:

(Edit: Ok, I admit, I do regret spending as much as I did last Easter. If I had known that I could've just waited until this year to purchase all the prizes, with no hassle, I would've.)
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    there is no better bang for your buck in regards to entertainment and time spent.

In LA the average movie ticket is $15. If you buy 2 tickets, 2 drinks and a popcorn you'll spend aprox $45 per movie.

If you buy music, the average cost is $10 per album.

Average concert ticket $50 each.

Average cost of a hardcover book $15.

Most important - average cost of a console video game $70. With DLC $100. And if you're like me, the lifespan of most games is very limited, and certainly not a daily occurrence for a year.

Now lets say you spend $100 per year on TSTO (hopefully during a Gil sale) and you play it once every day. You're paying 27cents per day.

If you're a daily TSTO player, and you can afford it - go premium. You will never regret it (you'll only regret certain purchases). It enhances the game play experience, and helps support this community for our collective long term enjoyment. Revenue into TSTO equals EA investing back into enhancements and new content.

27 cents a day...good luck finding anything for that amount.
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited April 2015
    $51-$100. I've been buying one Golden Scratch-R per week for nearly 2 years now. I think I bought "regular" donuts twice as well, once when there were no Scratch-Rs during Christmas 2013, and once when I needed a quick top-up to get all the Stonecutter skins at the end of the event.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.