EA Forums - Banner

Is anyone like me wondering why don't ALL of the regular characters don't speak?

Prev1
Welcome to the forum and yes I agree it is a bit silly.

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    It has nothing to do with how often they're on the show and everything to do with who voices them.

Voices in the game are:
    Hank Azaria
    Nancy Cartwright
    Dan Castellaneta
    Julie Kavner
    Harry Shearer
    Yeardley Smith
  • tappedout1996
    3045 posts
    edited April 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    It has nothing to do with how often they're on the show and everything to do with who voices them.

Voices in the game are:
    Hank Azaria
    Nancy Cartwright
    Dan Castellaneta
    Julie Kavner
    Harry Shearer
    Yeardley Smith
    So why is Sanjay not voiced.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6376 posts Moderator
    edited April 2015
    What EA needs to do is make some kind of deal with Fox & Gracie Films so they can use the voices of all the guest stars. That way, every single character will be voiced. Hell, they don't even have to use new recordings. Simply use existing voice dialogue straight from the episodes.

And some of the current characters could use voice upgrades. There's really no reason why some of them like Arnie Pye, Abraham Lincoln, Tribal Chief, Mr. Costington, etc... Only grumble, scream & laugh. Give them actual spoken dialogue
  • ZennGlenn
    1782 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    What EA needs to do is make some kind of deal with Fox & Gracie Films so they can use the voices of all the guest stars. That way, every single character will be voiced. Hell, they don't even have to use new recordings. Simply use existing voice dialogue straight from the episodes.

And some of the current characters could use voice upgrades. There's really no reason why some of them like Arnie Pye, Abraham Lincoln, Tribal Chief, Mr. Costington, etc... Only grumble, scream & laugh. Give them actual spoken dialogue

Ditto
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6376 posts Moderator
    edited April 2015

Same reason Roger Meyers Jr. Isn't either. For some unknown reason. I keep hoping they get updated

Sanjay is voiced by Harry Shearer & Roger Meyers Jr is voiced by Hank Azaria. They should both be voiced in the game.
  • jedgeco
    247 posts
    edited April 2015

Too much work for too little return.

The main cast (in all likelihood) has a deal in their contracts that lets Gracie/Fox license off their performances for use in ancillary media. So there's no work involved in getting their voices/performances. But it would be a ton of work to go to dozens of guest stars and negotiate with hem on an individual basis. It's just not worth the time.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    They have been getting really quiet lately. I can barely hear Radioactive Man, Dr. Colossus, and Freddy Quimby.
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited April 2015
    jedgeco wrote:
    But it would be a ton of work to go to dozens of guest stars and negotiate with hem on an individual basis. It's just not worth the time.

Not just a ton of work, but for guest stars who don't have a contract with Fox/Gracie, you run into their agents, and their agents' clauses, which can sometimes result in them getting paid crazy amounts for work they already did.
  • Karoomba
    1 posts
    edited April 2015

Same reason Roger Meyers Jr. Isn't either. For some unknown reason. I keep hoping they get updated

Sanjay is voiced by Harry Shearer & Roger Meyers Jr is voiced by Hank Azaria. They should both be voiced in the game.

Roger Meyers Jr. is actually voiced by Alex Rocco. Being a guest star, probably more expensive/headache to get his voice in the game.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6376 posts Moderator
    edited April 2015
    jedgeco wrote:
    But it would be a ton of work to go to dozens of guest stars and negotiate with hem on an individual basis. It's just not worth the time.

Not just a ton of work, but for guest stars who don't have a contract with Fox/Gracie, you run into their agents, and their agents' clauses, which can sometimes result in them getting paid crazy amounts for work they already did.

The Family Guy game has no problem whatsoever with this issue & they are also an EA game.

Another example, Playmates had no issues either getting voices for their World of Springfield action figure line & they had tons of guest stars. Even Troy McClure & Lionel Hutz. And both of those figures came out way after the death of Hartman

So surely it isn't as hard as you seem to think it is.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6376 posts Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Karoomba wrote:

Roger Meyers Jr. is actually voiced by Alex Rocco. Being a guest star, probably more expensive/headache to get his voice in the game.

Roger Meyers has been voiced by both Alex & Hank. So if they really want to, they could use the dialogue from Hank's episodes.
  • jedgeco
    247 posts
    edited April 2015
    jedgeco wrote:

The Family Guy game has no problem whatsoever with this issue & they are also an EA game.

Another example, Playmates had no issues either getting voices for their World of Springfield action figure line & they had tons of guest stars. Even Troy McClure & Lionel Hutz. And both of those figures came out way after the death of Hartman

So surely it isn't as hard as you seem to think it is.

I'd distinguish between something that's "hard" and something that's "extra work we don't rally need to do." If you can get 50%+of your voices for free and with 0 work, it's easy to see developers saying "meh, good enough," and calling it a day.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just exlaining the likely thought process.
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited April 2015
    jedgeco wrote:

The Family Guy game is a tinyco game it has nothing to do with EA. But I do agree that all characters in the show should be voiced and we should get some guest stars which could be unvoiced.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I always have my sound turned off, so I couldn't care less which characters are voiced.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I always have my sound turned off, so I couldn't care less which characters are voiced.
    Why do you always have your sound off?
  • gurley_ba802
    2 posts
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I agree. It's odd to play this game with no sound all the time.
  • gurley_ba802
    2 posts
    edited April 2015
    So, does everyone think it's pointless to complain to the developers about this problem because they probably already know and don't want to be bothered with fixing it?
  • romabit1
    2 posts
    edited April 2015
    It annoys me that most of the female characters are silent. There are a few silent males too, but most of the women don't speak.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6376 posts Moderator
    edited April 2015
    romabit1 wrote:
    It annoys me that most of the female characters are silent. There are a few silent males too, but most of the women don't speak.

There are only 5 voic?d females. That number will never change unless EA/Gracie negotiate the contracts for the guest stars

Julie Kavner only voices 4 characters. Marge, Patty, Selma & Jacqueline (basically the Bouvier family)
    Yeardley Smith voic?s Lisa and no other character.

The majority of the characters are voic?d by Dan Castellenata, Hank Azaria & Harry Shearer. Followed by Nancy Cartwrigt who voices a lot of male children.
  • Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Wouldn't simple audio snips directly from recorded episodes fall within fair use? And therefor would mean they can voice all the characters as they please from that? As far as I have gathered to date every voicing in the game is dialog snippets from stuff they said in episodes.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.