EA Forums - Banner

Planning Organized BOYCOTT. Stand up to EA!!! Consumers only power..

Replies

• christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I've already taken the Red Pill so ready when ever :)

That's the one you take in the A?
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    Replied to a post and came to this conclusion. I know a few non-premium players, replete with decorations, lots of land, and house farms. They are crash virgins still. I conspiracy theorize that, once EA has our money, no need to fix our stability issues. Rather they selectively provide the minimal server capacity they possess to present non-doughnut buyers. Why spend money on a game that crashes? So in order to generate new business, they only technically support the potential customers instead of current customers. This is simply their business plan.

How do consumers wield the power of already spent money?

Unified protest.

Our only recourse would be a forum wide boycott of logging in to origin, which obviously is monitored. This would only work en masse, since obviously there are players that do not go to this forum. In fact, it would also require Facebook organization. If this was done for a week, where mass players were resolute in keeping this boycott, not logging in at all, our voice could be heard.

I'm not delusional, and don't even know that we could proliferate this idea. But I do know, if we continue to swallow the blue pill, nothing will change. Why spend money and time on customers we've already bilked? So, I'm starting the conversation. If we don't try to organize, we never will achieve it. If you support this, reply and bump to keep awareness. If we get into the 1000s, we can start planning a date.

If complacency is more your style, you probably didn't make it to this sentence.

Waste of time..... Server capacity is always reduced in every app /service / whatever to reduce operational cost. Every industry that want successful business gains do... Why make a 5 wheel car to cover the even of one tire blowing? It's going to happen that's a given but they don't give you more wheels..... (Some smart ar. Se is going to suggest the spare at this point :lol: )
  • dirklance81
    72 posts
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Hahahahahha hahahha. Ahhhhhh comedic relief, nothing like it. L oh f'in L. Nice one, dig it.
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Hahahahahha hahahha. Ahhhhhh comedic relief, nothing like it. L oh f'in L. Nice one, dig it.

:lol:
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    :lol::lol::lol:
    :shock:
    I did it wrong.... :oops:
  • pompommini
    77 posts
    edited January 2013
    Im definitely with this movement EA should fear the people, Every man woman and child strike back, and take whats yours.

Springfield, take control... take control of your city. Behold, the instrument of your liberation!

And then, when EA is ashes, you have my permission too tap...
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    They have the plans but we have the power!
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Edit: Had the wrong lyrics, shame on me :oops:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    They´ve got the plans but we´ve got the power!

Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    Thank you NEO! :mrgreen:
  • mattmcshane
    428 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    lyonsek wrote:
    Definition of 1st world problems. At the end of the day it's a game and a free one at that. No one has to play. If its that annoying that you feel the need to protest may I suggest a simple solution...stop playing. You want something to protest how about poverty, gun violence, etc. etc (there's lots of real issues out there...take your pick).

Perspective people.

Just my two cents worth, and remember smile your playing a game.

Another MUTANT that makes decisions about people they've never met and can't wait to tell them how to live. You have no freaking idea what "world" of life I live in. Not a clue. Or how I live in that world. Or the principles of life I uphold in every walk of life. Or if I'm a freaking child *. No freaking clue. But hey, keep cleaning that crystal ball and keep the ink well full. I'll tune in for more wisdom. You are winning at life right now, by the way.
    just before I offer my opinion on the topic I'd like to say that was a truely disgusting overly aggressive and needless response. Shame on you. Lyonsek was quite right to point out your total lack of perspective.

As for the topic your just plain wrong. There is no direct correlation between people spending donuts and their games crashing, other than the very likely fact that people who have spent real money are massively devoted to the game and will have large and complex towns, which are the things that actually make the game crash.

It's actually ridiculously paranoid to suggest ea have some type of system where donut buyers are deliberately persecuted. There's no way the systems could run in such a complex manner for starters and as other people have pointed out it makes no sense for them to do it anyway as donut buyers are existing customers and are very likely to be repeat customers. It's in eas interests for this game to run smoothly for everyone.

I am actual proof that this theory is wrong - I bought 900 + 25% at Christmas. And I don't have much problem with crashing at all. But my town is 10 x 10 with a large lake area. I only crash when coming out the build menu and even then it's not that often.
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited January 2013

I'm behind this.

What many of you don't realise is that your happy being little fish, just getting on with it, **** under and that kind of thing.

EA is a massive company who have the money to supply the man power to fix bugs and install decent servers.

This game wasn't always free for those who say it's a free game, the people who pay for this game are the ones keeping you from dipping in to your pockets. When you can make EA listen to you, you will scare other exploitive companies to wake up, It's a chain reaction.

It is just a game but for anyone who works hard for over 50hrs a week and doesn't want to enjoy drink, gambling or smoking as a main pastime (if I could I would) then games like this our that tiny escape, EA have exploited that fact so I expect to see my town as and when I please without crashing out. :(
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Power to the tappers :mrgreen:
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    I for myself don´t really get why some people are so eager to start a fight, when this thread was clearly made to be amusing.
    And I think what got Dirk was the way he was approached, not what has been said in general. Of course moaning about a game crashing is a first world problem. I often realise how stupid I am in terms of complaining about problems and then realised how blessed I am. But coming around and telling people out is the wrong thing to do in my eyes. No one of us who said we´re in would actually consider going out on the streets with a sign to blame EA!
    It was fun, people!
    Like Dirk said in his first post, he was sharing his conspiracy theory.
    I am all in for some good opinion sharing debate, but we´re not talking politics on here!
    No pun intended if anyone felt offended.

Just keep it on the light side.

Plus: I do feel that if I paid for a game it should work! No debate on how I am not forced to spend money, it´s a free market economy. I am NEVER forced to buy something, yet still I have the right to get a working product for my money.
    I am good with my product but I understand the frustration of others,
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    For me It isn't about the fight. It is about being Busy.
    Snow cancelled the game of my team. So i lurk and post at this board.
    I can do this or create a profil at edarling. I made my choice 8)
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    arnoutVI wrote:

Stay with us, arnout! It´s more fun!
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    arnoutVI wrote:

Stay with us, arnout! It´s more fun!

Ok i'll stay.

I must give Homer a new task.
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I for myself don´t really get why some people are so eager to start a fight, when this thread was clearly made to be amusing.

Perhaps it was made to be amusing so that it would start a fight. Hmm, the plot thickens. A Battle of wits.

• mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    You´re too smrt for me, RSommons :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    You may be right!
  • linguo60
    271 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    They have the plans but we have the power!

Edit: Had the wrong lyrics, shame on me :oops:

We fight to the death or else fold like umbrellas!
  • dirklance81
    72 posts
    edited January 2013
    And I think what got Dirk was the way he was approached, not what has been said in general. Of course moaning about a game crashing is a first world problem. I often realise how stupid I am in terms of complaining about problems and then realised how blessed I am. But coming around and telling people out is the wrong thing to do in my eyes. No one of us who said we´re in would actually consider going out on the streets with a sign to blame EA!
    It was fun, people!
    Like Dirk said in his first post, he was sharing his conspiracy theory.
    I am all in for some good opinion sharing debate, but we´re not talking politics on here!
    No pun intended if anyone felt offended.

Just keep it on the light side.

Plus: I do feel that if I paid for a game it should work! No debate on how I am not forced to spend money, it´s a free market economy. I am NEVER forced to buy something, yet still I have the right to get a working product for my money.
    I am good with my product but I understand the frustration of others,

Well, after the summation from my lawyer/neighbor, who is on a lifelong retainer, there's really nothing left to add. She told me I could say two things to the reporters, though. Aren't conspiracy theories all ridiculously paranoid? And 2, joe Flacco is a Manimal!!!

OP Just a joke guys, and was drunk reading some replies, so couldn't hold my tongue and just ignore someone's judgmental chiding. That someone is still a stranger to me and I don't even remember their username and barely care about whatever motivated the first punch they threw. Fights are for idiots or ideals. I ain't an idiot, and my ideologies have nothing to do with iPhone pastimes.

There's a hatchet buried somewhere in the last few posts, just leave it there to rust..
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.