EA Forums - Banner

Halloween costumes

Replies

• thatdonald845
    1606 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I was so excited by this that I immediately bought it. Now I hang my head in shame. :oops:

Just goes to show, NEVER buy anything before reading the forum first!

Hey you had the donuts and you did it. Enjoy it ! I was so swept away with Truckasaurus that I bought it and then shortly regretted it - but then worked out it is the best premium investment I have made that the Forum would have completely put me off getting. In fact I may double the cape and get this after all. :roll:

Only kidding - I will Never get this. :evil:

Or will I?

^Edit: bad eyesight.
  • GalexiMoon
    13 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    What do they mean by it unlocks "up to" 14 character costumes, does that mean there is a chance of not getting 14? Are the 14 kids random or the same for everyone? 100 donuts is pretty steep without being clear on what is actually being purchased.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    GalexiMoon wrote:
    What do they mean by it unlocks "up to" 14 character costumes, does that mean there is a chance of not getting 14? Are the 14 kids random or the same for everyone? 100 donuts is pretty steep without being clear on what is actually being purchased.

It means that if you don't have, for example, Sherri/Teri, you won't have their task available. Some of the 14 characters are premium ... so if you own all of the premium children, you will have 14 costumes unlocked. :)

BTW, I have this feeling that maybe they'll end up, some day in the near future, just allowing multiple kids to do the task, and figure it's no big deal. But I have a town I'd buy it for, but I'm not BECAUSE of the one-at-a-time limit. So if they decide "no big deal" and alter it so we can send a pile of kids out in costumes, I'll be sorry I didn't buy it when it was available. Not to mention, I'll be not-very-happy if they make that change after the deadline.

I'm surprised (pleasantly!) that they added the cartoon shadows back to those large hedges, and the trees. We remarked on it when it went away ... do you think they saw our comments and figured "no big deal" to put it back?

If I were EA, I'd hire one person to do nothing but hang around the forums all day long, without revealing their connection to The Evil Empire. That person could see what people are asking for that won't cost any money to implement, and start polls. In fact, maybe they already DO have someone hanging around the forums all day ... maybe these "MODS" have a different agenda than we think.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    of course if you buy the other children you'll unlock their costume then but yeah if you don't have the kid you won't get the job till you get him/her of course
    If I were EA, I'd hire one person to do nothing but hang around the forums all day long, without revealing their connection to The Evil Empire. That person could see what people are asking for that won't cost any money to implement, and start polls. In fact, maybe they already DO have someone hanging around the forums all day ... maybe these "MODS" have a different agenda than we think.
    or maybe i'm that guy :mrgreen:
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    ...maybe they already DO have someone hanging around the forums all day ... maybe these "MODS" have a different agenda than we think.
    I wish that were part of the job description.
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I was thinking about getting this. I thought it would be fun to have the kids wearing their costumes but not like this. I'm giving it a pass. :thumbdown:
  • smohqy
    2111 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    or maybe i'm that guy :mrgreen:

Hah, you're not that guy. You're just our friendly neighborhood SuperNintendoITA who just happens to know everything, down to the smallest detail, about this ga.... ooooOOOOOoooooh...

***backs away slowly***
  • TimeHorse
    73 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Honestly, I don't mind one 4-hour bouncy-castle and one 4-hour costume because I miss Devil-girl Shauna and giving her a 4-hour task is nice.

I will say my list of priorities is:
    Shauna (Devil-Girl)
    Ralph (Mountie)
    Lisa (Little Miss Witch)

Off-hand, I don't think an of the other costumes were that cool. I'll probably mainly have Shauna doing her thing all the time until I get bored and want a Mountie! :)
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I got it but it's not that great at all! :shock:
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I wanted to buy it but fortunately, read the forums first and when I found out that it was only one kid at a time, I decided to hold onto my donuts for something else instead.
  • JoannaFlora
    92 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    They can shove it. I thought the Halloween Trick or Treat costumes were some of the most sweet and beautiful animations in this game's history. But one at a time? Come ON! If I cant have them all wearing these costumes at the same time they can shove it.

Thanks a lot for the info! :)
    I almost bought it thinking i can have everyone in halloween costumes. But just one at a time and for 100donuts is mean and crazy. Those who don't know it will just loose 100donuts badly... :shock: :shock: :evil: :twisted:
  • SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Im wondering about the same thing:)
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Its all of the visual tasks from last year's event. The trick is its like a premium Moonbounce, only one kid at a time for 4 hours.
  • thatdonald845
    1606 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Not my image but this is what they wore. :shock: Kind of makes me really want this despite the one only per four hour stupid rule. :evil:
    2ngsnki.jpg
  • barryriddl474
    4854 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Not my image but this is what they wore. :shock: Kind of makes me really want this despite the one only per four hour stupid rule. :evil:
    2ngsnki.jpg

Thanks for sharing the image :D
    Seems like Jimbo should be in that pic in his Halo costume. I'm happy with the Nightmare Pile for Sherri & Terri's and Kearney's costumes.
  • Sammicatcat
    8 posts
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for showing the costumes, thatdonald. Now to decide...hmm...what to do, what to do...
  • thatdonald845
    1606 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Nice to see you back Barry - I was worried that something else had happened with that sheep. :shock:

I don't know if this is tsto paranoia but now I am wondering whether the trick or treat skins will become useful/valuable for the next THOH event? Perhaps this could turn out to be a bargain in disguise? 8)
  • ghallmark814
    2337 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    2ngsnki.jpg

Thanks.. I bought this expecting a bit more.. I will enjoy it just for the S&T! :-)
  • meredythl
    323 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I was aching to get it too in hopes that it would offer Marge's awesome costume. Oh, well. Thanks for the info!
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

• GeminiTina
    330 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    meredythl wrote:
    I was aching to get it too in hopes that it would offer Marge's awesome costume. Oh, well. Thanks for the info!

Witch Marge is a skin
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.