EA Forums - Banner

The return of the "unsocial" social event

Replies

• hrcanejane365
    123 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I am still visiting neighbours daily and I wish the seeds were more plentiful so I could drop more. I reciprocate as best I can.

Me too! I visit daily even though I'm not getting spades after a while. I am saving for the Fortress of Chocolatude so I need the money anyway. I like going to all my neighbor towns daily. I do also agree about the seeds. I wish there was a way to earn more (hopefully in the next portion of the event) because I try to keep track of who dropped them in my town and try to send some their way when I get them. I did buy some along with my 50 from the quest and had enough to put one in every friend town, but very few did the same for me, so now I only put them in towns of those that leave them for me.
  • hot4daryldixon
    355 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Hummmm, I never thought of it that way. Regardless I visit every neighbour every day.
  • Surfcitygal
    1272 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I am averaging three fat green mutant guys to drop in friends' towns. Three per day. That's what I have to give out to over 80 friends. Three.

Whichever three friends I drop those two are the ONLY three friends who know I even visited. The other 77 have no way of knowing. No handshakes with my name floating up, etc.

NOTE: I'm RECEIVING from friends an average of about 10 fat green mutant guys. I often wonder whether that's because my name begins with "A" and when they get to my town they happen to still have mutants available to drop.

This is about the LEAST social event I can recall. If we want to talk to our neighbors, we need to do it in shrubs and flowers. :(

Most days the only mutant seeds I receive are the ones I've given myself from my other towns, but oddly sometimes not even all 3 of those show up.
  • tsgrbart437
    14 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    So, after another day of no donuts from 103 friends, I asked EA. You guys better get ready for this game to be TOTALLY UNSOCIAL!

First, the EA agent told me that MUTANT PLANTS DO NOT DROP DONUTS! This means that once you have gotten your 90 spades, it is USELESS to continue on, unless you are going for money.

Second, and the very worst news, I asked if, when the event is over, will things return to normal, and the agent said that "Yes, once the event is over there's a possibility that you won't be able to receive donuts anymore." So, in this one event, EA has made the friends aspect of this game USELESS...

i hope this isnt true, but i asked for clarification from the agent several times (in fact, i am on with them now) and every time they reiterated that this is possible.

What an event.. Get sideshow bob (maybe), but lose out on everything else that made the game passable...
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    First, the EA agent told me that MUTANT PLANTS DO NOT DROP DONUTS!
    This is completely untrue.
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited April 2015
    First, the EA agent told me that MUTANT PLANTS DO NOT DROP DONUTS! This means that once you have gotten your 90 spades, it is USELESS to continue on, unless you are going for money.

The agent is wrong, I got a donut today from visiting friends after I got my 90 spades.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    sojournfan wrote:

The agent is wrong, I got a donut today from visiting friends after I got my 90 spades.
    Just to clarify, you can get donuts at any time. You don't need to get your spadetrowels first. I've gotten several donuts before reaching the 90 actions. (It often crashes before I get to that point, anyway.)
  • Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    So, after another day of no donuts from 103 friends, I asked EA. You guys better get ready for this game to be TOTALLY UNSOCIAL!

Second, and the very worst news, I asked if, when the event is over, will things return to normal, and the agent said that "Yes, once the event is over there's a possibility that you won't be able to receive donuts anymore." So, in this one event, EA has made the friends aspect of this game USELESS...

i hope this isnt true, but i asked for clarification from the agent several times (in fact, i am on with them now) and every time they reiterated that this is possible.

What an event.. Get sideshow bob (maybe), but lose out on everything else that made the game passable...

Completely wrong and a great example of agents don't know what thier talking about- they don't play the game.

You absolutely can get donuts from corn- I've been doing better this event than I ever have.
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • tsgrbart437
    14 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Thanks guys.
  • jimmyw31
    214 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    My game crashes about 75-80% of the time I try to visit neighbors, so I'm not getting even the minimum 30 neighbor visits in per day right now.
  • aliveRK
    3 posts
    edited April 2015
    I was wondering what happened to some of the daily players that would visit me.

I visit everybody everyday, but after the comic book event ended, it seemed nobody was visiting me-no more handshakes. Got a few mutant seeds in the last few days, but nothing today.

Just changed my name to see if it helps.
  • Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    aliveRK wrote:

I visit everybody everyday, but after the comic book event ended, it seemed nobody was visiting me-no more handshakes. Got a few mutant seeds in the last few days, but nothing today.

Lol, welcome back to the forum! Changing ones name may help in the line-up, sometimes that does not equal better friend results..... But it does erase your stats on here, change your member since date, and erase your avatar...... :?
    Found that out over a year ago when I made the switch- wish I'd been warned... Lucky didn't take but the next couple weeks to get my avatar.... But the switch did and did not make my friends list better......
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • marpr91
    35 posts
    edited April 2015
    I prefer events that don't require neighbor visits because of how tedious it can become. Events like whacking day were very off putting because the focus of the event was just visting neighbors. This isn't really a social game to begin with. Sure you can add neighbors and tap on houses for currency but that's it's. You can't message or do anything social really.
  • bradasstv
    21 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I wish they would start off the rewards low, and increase the more neighbors you visit... thus rewarding people for "being social" and tapping each friend every day. I think starting off high and dwindling to no reward each friend you tap is counter-productive...
  • Fettster777
    510 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    *puts flamesuit on*

I prefer the unsocial events sometimes.
  • wildminion
    552 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    bradasstv wrote:
    I wish they would start off the rewards low, and increase the more neighbors you visit... thus rewarding people for "being social" and tapping each friend every day. I think starting off high and dwindling to no reward each friend you tap is counter-productive...

THIS!!! Very well said, I totally agree!
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    marpr91 wrote:
    I prefer events that don't require neighbor visits because of how tedious it can become. Events like whacking day were very off putting because the focus of the event was just visting neighbors. This isn't really a social game to begin with. Sure you can add neighbors and tap on houses for currency but that's it's. You can't message or do anything social really.

I do agree with what you are saying mostly. I wish the would add an in game message system for your neighbors, it would be very useful. In regards to Whacking Day, it was too far to the extreme of neighbor visits, and burnt out many of my neighbors and real life friends. They tried to include other ways of whacking snakes, but to truly get all the prizes you had to visit all 100 neighbors every day, which was ridiculous. I know at least 10 real life friends that quit specifically because of Whacking Day. So I don't want any event to require that many visits for that long again. But I do like events that reward visits more than the current event. I really think there is a happy medium. Or like with this event, you could still attain all the goals without doing the neighbor visits, but you would be closer to donuts and rewards if you choose to do so. So if they still gave us 1 trowel per action up to 100 neighbors that would be nice. I think that would be the best of both worlds.
  • aliveRK
    3 posts
    edited April 2015
    aliveRK wrote:

Lol, welcome back to the forum! Changing ones name may help in the line-up, sometimes that does not equal better friend results..... But it does erase your stats on here, change your member since date, and erase your avatar...... :?
    Found that out over a year ago when I made the switch- wish I'd been warned... Lucky didn't take but the next couple weeks to get my avatar.... But the switch did and did not make my friends list better......

Thanks!

I realized after I changed my name that everything else got re-set...ugh. Kept part of my name the same, so hopefully the awesome neighbors will still know it's me.

I suppose I just wish you were rewarded more for visiting neighbors that visited you within a certain time period...I had a feeling some people weren't visiting me while I continued to visit them, so I started keeping track and deleted those that didn't visit me after 10 days, but could see that they were actively playing.
  • frogger53
    686 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I don't know if this has been brought up elsewhere or not, but why are people hoarding mutant seeds? I have 1 neighbor who has over 500 mutant seeds! Is there some advantage to this I'm not aware of? I don't see the point.
  • Crwzin
    18 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I am still visiting neighbours daily and I wish the seeds were more plentiful so I could drop more. I reciprocate as best I can.

Me too! I visit daily even though I'm not getting spades after a while... I like going to all my neighbor towns daily. I do also agree about the seeds. I wish there was a way to earn more (hopefully in the next portion of the event) because I try to keep track of who dropped them in my town and try to send some their way when I get them. I... had enough to put one in every friend town, but very few did the same for me, so now I only put them in towns of those that leave them for me.

That is what I have done as well, the more they send the more I send :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.