EA Forums - Banner

Why upgrading the Monsarno Research Center first is better.

Replies

• durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    To infinity and beyond! :lol:
  • hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited April 2015

Brabsel, thank you for the information. I was wondering what is proper level to upgrade to. I will upgrade to level 17.
  • spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    baxbooch wrote:
    I don't want to decide for myself. I want someone way more into this game to do the math for me. :lol:

:lol: This made me chuckle.

FWIW I thought I was in the same boat, but you know what, I like the fact that it's not a straightforward, do this, then do that when prompted event. We have an element of choice! Even though I have read this thread and I'm afraid to say that I didn't understand a word of it, I doff my cap to the clever folk who are crunching the numbers - thank you. Means nothing to me and, anyway, first thing this morning I upgraded my centre to level 16 and have decided to stick there and see how it pans out.... Who knows?

• casby
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Best to lvl up to lvl 19? or further or less?

And I think I only Herbicide Squirter Level Up to lvl 3.

I don't know if there's numbers out yet for payouts on lvl 20 (or post 20).

I'm at lvl 17, debating the 18&19 lvl up versus the FM (does anyone know if the side quest to craft the FM is required to be completed by a certain point).

I think the lack of in game info about what the new payouts will be with each upgrade would lead me to say stop at lvl 16 (or 17/18/19). (This phase only requires lvl 8)

• Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    baxbooch wrote:
    I don't want to decide for myself. I want someone way more into this game to do the math for me. :lol:
    Best to lvl up to lvl 19? or further or less?

And I think I only Herbicide Squirter Level Up to lvl 3.

Sadly, no one can tell you which level is good to upgrade to as it depends on your way of playing. If you play more, then upgrading more is better, if you don't play much, you shouldn't upgrade so much.

But to truly say which is best would take a lot of math and you would have to tell detailed how often you send which characters to which jobs per day. And it would also only work while you do only that for the whole event (and not change the job of a character to earn DNA instead of fertilizer later).

As you can see... it is impossible (or at least way too annoying) to calculate which level is the best.

For me personaly at the moment I would say leveling up to either 17 or 20 makes sense. Because both those levels increase how much fertilizer you get and that is (at the moment at least) the bottleneck in this event.

As for the Herbicide Squirter: How far you should upgrade this depends on three informations:
    1. How much increase is there for each upgrade (this should be known relatively soon, but I don't know yet)?
    2. How often do you tap them, are there times where your town is full and they don't spawn anymore (while you sleep perhaps)?
    3. How soon in the event can you upgrade, or other way round, how long would you have left to enjoy getting more resources?

If you know those three things you could, same with the research center, calculate which upgrade level is best for you. But, once again, I doubt anyone would do that, just try to upgrade reasonably.
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Brabsel, thank you for the information. I was wondering what is proper level to upgrade to. I will upgrade to level 17.

Glad the information helped and I think level 17 is a good choice (so far). Perhaps we will (later in the event) find out that level 18 would've been better because we will have way too few corn, but as it is right now level 17 seems to be the best choice (or 20 if you play a lot).
  • sogr8ful400
    99 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Does the Fertilizer increase +1 on all jobs when you go from Level 16 to 17?

I ran some rough numbers. If the fertilizer increases by 1, I think I would be due for 175 extra fertilizer a day (that is assuming I play with the frequency I currently am & continue to send all my fertilizer earners on tasks).

The upgrade costs 2400. Earning 175 a day would mean that after day 13, I would have paid back the 2400 and everything I earned would be "profit". Probably worth it for me since so many items require fertilizer to craft.
  • Vs1976
    874 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I guess I shouldn't had bought the farm market. I'm only on 11 now. Guess I'll have to save till 16 or 17 and leave it at that.
  • 0ReganPOOP
    193 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm at level 15 and I think I'm going to stop upgrading now.
  • Parkin76
    112 posts
    edited April 2015
    What if I am only at Monsarno lvl 10 right now and not close to crafting the Farmer's Market? Still upgrade to lvl 17?
  • Vs1976
    874 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm curious is there even enough time to craft 1 of each thing (without using donuts) and upgrade the M building?
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Vs1976 wrote:
    I'm curious is there even enough time to craft 1 of each thing (without using donuts) and upgrade the M building?

Working out the math now, will update in about an hour.
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Three assumptions I make--1 you complete each phase of the event on time (ie no crafting the plant NPC that you could have won in phase 1 during phase 2, no crafting the characters at the end of phase 2 in phase 3, the prices for this are super high) 2- don't duplicate any of the Monsarno buildings (you get one for free, that's all you need) 3-you stop upgrading Monsarno at lvl 17 (it lets you lvl up to infinity but I don't know the payouts post lvl 17, basically I set an artificial cap on the lvl up for the purposes of this (tldr math ahead sort of handwavy if you didn't have the same phase 1 earnings, you might want to stop at lvl 13 (it gets you 2 sets of dna earners and a dna payout upgrade) (I chose lvl 17 for my own game, ymmv, feel free to pm me if you want to talk this through)

Looking at the items I can craft I made the following priority list (you might really want the smokehouse over the market, frankly it's a decoration that will disappear in my town so I decided on the following'

C=corn, F=fertilizer, D=DNA

fmarket= 15250F, 4600C
    Gas station 4600F, 8300D
    (the two items I want from phase 2 (there's some cost for the herbicide upgrades but basically round numbers: 20,000F, 4600C, 8300D)

WelcomeBobsign (which is a decoration, I'd probably wait on this as well this would be my decoration choice over the smokehouse just from a design perspective)8250F, 4500D
    Cane field (it's a decoration, I would pass)4500F, 1400C
    Smokehouse (why so pricy? I'd pass)8250 F, 2500C
    Wall section (why can't walls be for game cash?,I'd skip this as well)3000F, 1600D

Stuff from phase 3 (which, we're not there yet but there's info out about costs, that's why I'd pass on the things marked pass above I might craft later at the very end)

Can you earn this amount in phase 2 (and partly into phase 3)?
    Lets look at what you earned in phase 1

Calculate what you spent in phase 1 (Level up from Monsarno 1-lvl 7 was 3150F, 525C

Upgrading from lvl 7 to lvl 16 required 14850F, 2475 C (I know this number specifically because I had around 14800 F this morning before the upgrades (lI am stopping at lvl 17 until I think about the math some more, it's corn and DNA payout upgrades in lvl 18 and 19

Basically in the first phase I earned approximately(gross earnings all spent on upgrades)
    18000F, 3000C I assume that in the 2nd phase I'd earn more (because there's a fertilizer payout increase in lvl 11 & 17 (where I've stopped) (phase 1:that's 14 days, 18000F, 3000 C )

you should be able to calculate your phase one earnings this way(ie whatever you spent leveling in phase 1 + whatever you've spent so far in phase 2 plus amount on hand, these are useful, also is your tapping pattern going to be different (I'm shifting to a slightly less frequent playing mode) please know this if you want to pm discuss this with me)

The items I want from the craft list above were (there's some cost for the herbicide upgrades but basically round numbers: 20,000F, 4600C, 8300D)
    I earned around that amount in phase 1 and with the payout increases I feel confident that I can reach the goal of these 2 things (I'm not a completist, I'm not going to craft 1 wall section just to say I have it, what can I do designwise with one wall? )

actually looking at these numbers I feel like the lvl 18/19 upgrade might be good for me after all (I was hesitant at spending another 5200 F but it seems like I can earn the farmers market in this phase (and perhaps slightly into phase 3) and it's pointless to upgrade at the end of the event

• roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I've stopped at level 17 for now. It seems like a good compromise - if it looks like corn and DNA will be running short, I might upgrade two more times, but I doubt it. Depends on the herbicide thingie.
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    I've stopped at level 17 for now. It seems like a good compromise - if it looks like corn and DNA will be running short, I might upgrade two more times, but I doubt it. Depends on the herbicide thingie.

someone in the "herbicide upgrade past lvl 3" post said that upgrading the herbicide lvl would make sideshow bob drop more corn/fertilizer/dna per tap (there are some numbers there but I can't personally verify them (they make my math even easier to reach, I just wish EA would document this stuff better in the game itself (I mean the forum is great but I feel badly for those who don't use it (or similar info sites)
  • miraclemet
    422 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    0ReganPOOP wrote:
    I'm at level 15 and I think I'm going to stop upgrading now.
    but level 16 unlocks the last character tasks!

(Celebrities earning DNA)
  • brogames111
    739 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Thanks to everyone!! I'm at level 17, and I think I'll stop for the time being. Probably won't craft any buildings till the end when I see where I am. :D
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I don't regret building the farmer's market before act 2. I was able to upgrade to level 11 when it started and am now at level 12. There are a few that don't have tasks at Monsarno yet, but most of mine are working. I think I will still be able to complete everything I want to.
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I rapid fired my way to lvl 17. Thinking about upgrading twice more.

Does anyone know how much the increase is for lvl 18 (corn) and lvl 19 (DNA)?

Made-up example 1hr task (+2), 4hr (+4), 8hr (+6), etc..
  • Ca100647
    22 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I just upgrade mine research center to lvl 19 now and that's how each job pays now. I am trying to upgrade to lvl 20 (should be achievable later today) and see the payout (it said more fertilizer, corn and dna, not sure it meant all payouts increased within the same level and/or how much, will see)
    Corn: 23 (16hr task) 13 (8hr task) 8 (4hr task) 5 (2hr task)
    DNA : 10 (12hr task) 6 (6hr task) 4 (3hr task)

Like some people already said here and other discussions within the forum, how far u decide to upgrade really depends on 2 things:
    1. how often you visit your town each day; the more time you visit, the more crafting rewards you can collect, and you can further level the research center before you switch to saving the materials for crafting.
    2. what items within the crafting list you really want to build.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!