EA Forums - Banner

(((Revised))) would be very cool of EA to give free Doughnuts to premium users on their Birthday.

Prev1
Big82S
566 posts Member
Change title, please. It's misleading. (Thread will be locked, otherwise.)

Replies

• 0ReganPOOP
    193 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    It's a good idea in theory (free donuts is always a good idea), but wouldn't that just cause people to constantly change their birthdays on their Origin accounts?
  • cvf007
    1078 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    havinv a form of verification would work maybe
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    0ReganPOOP wrote:
    but wouldn't that just cause people to constantly change their birthdays on their Origin accounts?

Not really. There would be rules in places. i.e. "The date of birth must have been on the account for at least three months" and/or "If you have already received free donuts, you must wait a year before receiving them again" (i.e. you couldn't just keep changing the date of birth.
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited May 2015
    Why not on the anniversary of your join date? Like if I joined 4/21/13 I'd get donuts April 21st. Hard to change that. Tho I joined Origins before I joined EA ( for Scrabble) and since the two merged they'd have to figure it out
  • Pinpal00
    996 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Why not on the anniversary of your join date?

I prefer this idea.

Also, I'd extend it to freemium users: in many cases, they're more dedicated than premium users.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    That would be very cool. :)
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:

I prefer this idea.

Also, I'd extend it to freemium users: in many cases, they're more dedicated than premium users.

Hmm...something tells me youre a freemium user :mrgreen:

Nothing speaks dedication more than a boatload of donuts :D
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited May 2015
    I think it would be very cool of EA to give users some free donuts when their anniversary with Origin has come up. That would be far easier to verify and thus not change then the user's birthday.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Why would they do it? Premium members are willing to spend money for donuts. It doesn't make a whole lot of business sense. Would be a cool hook up though

A nice enticement to get people to buy more. You know these premium items are so darn addicting - once you've got one or two, you just need more.

I doubt it would happen, but it would be nice.
  • Pokelon
    439 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I think they should also do more donuts promotions. At least a couple of times a year. If you buy 50 donuts you get 10 free etc. That would definitely make people buy them more often. I have seen it in other games.
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Change title, please. It's misleading. (Thread will be locked, otherwise.)
    In before the lock! Happy tapping!
  • Pinpal00
    996 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:

I prefer this idea.

Hmm...something tells me youre a freemium user :mrgreen:

Nothing speaks dedication more than a boatload of donuts :D

Nah, I've been a premium player since a couple days after I started playing, and I'm too far in to tally up how much I've spent!

The thing is 50 donuts just isn't that much. As others have mentioned, a good bonus for premium users would be more sales: even the tiniest discount on a boatload will yield more than the equivalent of 50 donuts.

• MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    i might be mistaken but doesn't EA already give you donuts when you spend money on the game
  • Pokelon
    439 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    i might be mistaken but doesn't EA already give you donuts when you spend money on the game
    Yes the one you pay for....... :mrgreen: 8)
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Pokelon wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    Yes the one you pay for....... :mrgreen: 8)

Exactly

why do people that continue to drop money feel like they should be entitled to more?
  • Pokelon
    439 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Well it depends, but the idea to have bonus donuts whilst buying donuts is not that ridiculous. As said, lots of games do promotions like this from time to time and believe me, it makes people buy. If for instance the promotion gives you a percentage of donuts for free you most likely will spend money you might not have spend. And it would be for everyone, so starting the smallest amount. A win win situation. EA will sell more and we'll receive more donuts for a special price.
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    It would be nice if EA offered a loyalty reward program based on the anniversary of first playing this game. Perhaps, 1 year would be 100 donuts, 2 year would be 200....

Also, it would be nice if players were rewarded, via pixels, a reward based on longevity of consecutive days logged in. If you log in for 90 days in a row, reward. One year straight, you guessed it, reward. People enjoy rewards.

Another subject that's been mentioned before and would also be nice is an achievement system. Plant 100 trees, get some in game cash. Complete 100,000 neighbor visits, get a badge or special decoration. You get the idea.

Getting donuts on your birthday would also be a great way for EA to show appreciation for the support of their game. 100 birthday donuts would be decent and would probably boost sales, as someone will most likely need additional donuts in order to get something cool.

Customer appreciation is always a great business practice.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Pokelon wrote:
    Well it depends, but the idea to have bonus donuts whilst buying donuts is not that ridiculous. As said, lots of games do promotions like this from time to time and believe me, it makes people buy. If for instance the promotion gives you a percentage of donuts for free you most likely will spend money you might not have spend. And it would be for everyone, so starting the smallest amount. A win win situation. EA will sell more and we'll receive more donuts for a special price.

i don't think they see it as worth it
    why spend money on programming just to give away free donuts for nothing.
  • Pokelon
    439 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    You're probably right. But who knows??? They might give it a try. :mrgreen:
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited May 2015
    Another subject that's been mentioned before and would also be nice is an achievement system. Plant 100 trees, get some in game cash. Complete 100,000 neighbor visits, get a badge or special decoration. You get the idea.

always wondered why they haven't added an achievement system

donut rewards for the higher achievments (100k neighbour visits etc) and in game cash for smaller achievments
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!