EA Forums - Banner

Is this event worse than Easter '14??

Replies

• cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    chrisgyo wrote:
    well with Easter at least if someone checked the game just once per day they would end up with some prizes

in this event you're doomed with zero unless you play at least 5x5min per day

It was incredibly easy to get all the personal prizes on both Acts 1 and 2. Toss in the quest-line that gives you Bob, and that's a couple characters and a several buildings, for free and fairly easily. Everyone should be able to come out of this event with a few things unless they're really not trying.

The crafting is geared towards the more active players, but I was surprised to note last night that I've already got enough for a second farmer's market. It's not as bad as it seemed at first, as long as you remember to upgrade first. Of course, I still think crafting is an annoying way to handle things, but nothing's perfect.

Seriously, though - every event since Easter has required checking in more than once per day. Usually the sweet spot is every 4 hours. This time, it's more often. Unfortunate, but that's life.

This. Addicts are rewarded. You choose how much you're willing to play, and the reward is given accordingly.
  • Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I have been trying to give this event a sporting chance as it unfolds to decide if I like it or not.... There's no wheels and I don't have to deal with the chance of missing things just based on luck- true and great.

But changing the rules mid act 2x in a row........ This is low. It was low the first time, it's nasty this time. We had a set amount we expected to get- and things seemed very hard to get- now the amount being dropped is lower, the spawn rate is lower and crafting things seems ridiculous to think of. And why did I upgrade so hard? It was negated by reduction of items/spawn...... This is simply not fair. Quite unsportsman like! I call bull on this set of moves! We were working hard and barely feeling like we were getting anywhere..... Now- hard as I work, I know extra walls and cane are pretty much out now. I'll be lucky to get the other things I want at all.
    Seriously disappointed EA.
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I have been trying to give this event a sporting chance as it unfolds to decide if I like it or not.... There's no wheels and I don't have to deal with the chance of missing things just based on luck- true and great.

But changing the rules mid act 2x in a row........ This is low. It was low the first time, it's nasty this time. We had a set amount we expected to get- and things seemed very hard to get- now the amount being dropped is lower, the spawn rate is lower and crafting things seems ridiculous to think of. And why did I upgrade so hard? It was negated by reduction of items/spawn...... This is simply not fair. Quite unsportsman like! I call bull on this set of moves! We were working hard and barely feeling like we were getting anywhere..... Now- hard as I work, I know extra walls and cane are pretty much out now. I'll be lucky to get the other things I want at all.

It's not like the majority of my neighbors are over 18,000 (I'm at 23,000 masks because I was grinding hardcore in an attempt to get 8-10 walls but with the drop in spawn rates it's less worthwhile.) I feel bad that I advised people here to upgrade so far (it was based on the old spawn rates which I thought, worst case, might be reduced in phase three but I assumed they stay consistent all through phase 2).
  • cjryder625
    1426 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I dislike this more than the Easter one. This is a mixture of boring and frustrating. Not even bothered about the crafting prizes whereas I was quite desperate to get the Easter ones. Great excitement when I got the prizes I wanted and disappointment when I didn't achieve all but at least there was some emotion there. This lot just leaves me cold.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited May 2015
    Easter 2014 was the absolute nadir, the Worst. Event. Ever., the pits, the scrapings from the bottom of the bottom barrel.

This event is all about tactical considerations. When to stop upgrading. Practicing restraint, the urge to upgrade despite the icons floating there enticing you to spend your precious event currency.

Never, ever, put it in the same bucket as The Event That Shall No Longer Be Named (By Me).
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited May 2015

did something change other than the spawn rate? you know that it's just back to the spawn rate from Act 1. This was more of a glitch they fixed than a rules change.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • KRCJabba
    83 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    You crazy??? This event is FAR better. Easter 2014 was terrible, I really play very often and I didn't get Shary Bobbins nore Father Shawn. Wheel of Fortune was terrible as wel.
    I love the crafting (keeps you going) and the last events were split up in 3 parts, so u have something to look forward to.

Keep it going EA!!!
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    cdepast wrote:

did something change other than the spawn rate? you know that it's just back to the spawn rate from Act 1. This was more of a glitch they fixed than a rules change.

How was it a glitch?

Act 1 had a spawn rate of 6/hr and a payout of 10 shovels
    Act 2 started with a spawn rate of 12/hr and a payout 5 masks
    Both had same final prize level of 16050. Both payouts are equal.
    Plus it seemed to me that EA delayed the start of red box deliberately make Act2 a little harder to get the final prize.
    Act 2 payout then drop to 3 after a couple of days.
    Now Act 2 spawn rate has drop to6/hr.

If Act 2 had started at a spawn rate of 6/hr and a payout of 3. Most, even diligent, players wouldn't be able to finish the personal prize line.

Since EA never takes the time to publish rules we're left to figure out what is going on. Players made the decision to upgrade based on the game info provided. Which led us to determine the sprayer was the best cash cow and worth the price of the upgrades. EA was just being a bad sport after seeing that we were able to figure it out so quickly.

EA definitely changed the rules after the start of Act 2, twice.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    cdepast wrote:

How was it a glitch?

Act 1 had a spawn rate of 6/hr and a payout of 10 shovels
    Act 2 started with a spawn rate of 12/hr and a payout 5 masks
    Both had same final prize level of 16050. Both payouts are equal.
    Plus it seemed to me that EA delayed the start of red box deliberately make Act2 a little harder to get the final prize.
    Act 2 payout then drop to 3 after a couple of days.
    Now Act 2 spawn rate has drop to6/hr.

If Act 2 had started at a spawn rate of 6/hr and a payout of 3. Most, even diligent, players wouldn't be able to finish the personal prize line.

Since EA never takes the time to publish rules we're left to figure out what is going on. Players made the decision to upgrade based on the game info provided. Which led us to determine the sprayer was the best cash cow and worth the price of the upgrades. EA was just being a bad sport after seeing that we were able to figure it out so quickly.

EA definitely changed the rules after the start of Act 2, twice.

I was referring to the "Act 2 spawn rate has drop to6/hr." I unlocked Dr. Robert 2 days ago and there are 5 days left. So unlocking the prizes should not be affected. Regardless of the spawn rate, upgrading the sprayer would still be the best strategy.

All that said, I do not support changing the rules. Even if a glitch, they should've left it alone. I just think all this panic and vitriol is much ado about nothing.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Even though I still don't think this event comes anywhere close to being as bad as the Macbeth event, this shall be the designated yell and whine about the event thread, because it came first. New threads to complain about spawn rates and crafting material will be locked.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Maybe for the next event, you can start your own "The Official 'I hate X event!' thread!" and save everyone the trouble. :P
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Maybe for the next event, you can start your own "The Official 'I hate X event!' thread!" and save everyone the trouble. :P
    Hah! Even if I wanted to, it wouldn't work. I'll just wait for someone to start one, though.
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    cdepast wrote:

I was referring to the "Act 2 spawn rate has drop to6/hr." I unlocked Dr. Robert 2 days ago and there are 5 days left. So unlocking the prizes should not be affected. Regardless of the spawn rate, upgrading the sprayer would still be the best strategy.

All that said, I do not support changing the rules. Even if a glitch, they should've left it alone. I just think all this panic and vitriol is much ado about nothing.

You're right that they should have left it alone. If people are earning too much make the change in the next Act. EA has a way of sucking the fun out and demotivating players.

The spawn of 12/hr made sense since the payout was reduced by 50%. It was equal to Act 1. Now Act 2 payout is only 30% of Act 1 .

The personal prizes should be a given in all events if someone plays 3-4 times daily. I've already finished but now some players that should won't get all prizes. So those that thought they were on track are now far behind.

Upgrading the sprayer to the common consensus of lvl 15 may not have made sense if the spawn rate had started Act 2 at 6/hr. It would have taken us longer to upgrade and only payout half is much.

IMO they changed the rules after the start and I feel justified to call foul.

• amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Even though I still don't think this event comes anywhere close to being as bad as the Macbeth event, this shall be the designated yell and whine about the event thread, because it came first. New threads to complain about spawn rates and crafting material will be locked.

Aw come on, what about a good old complain about the complainers thread?

Just kidding :wink:
  • hughejars
    587 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Had enough :!:
    Once I get the Gas and Grub I'm calling it quits. :?
    Logging in every 2/3 hours through the day for the past month has worn me out. :evil:
  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, this may be the event that convinces me to stop logging in every day. I don't mind grinding, but it rankles when they make the game harder in the middle of an event, for essentially no reason. I could understand if they'd seriously miscalculated the rates, but they haven't. I've been logging on 10 or 11 times a day and I'm not way ahead of anything. It just seems unnecessary.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6376 posts Moderator
    edited May 2015
    The ingredients needed for each of the crafting prizes needs to be seriously reduced. It's taking way too long & they require way too many ingredients. I have only crafted one (Farmers Market). I still need another 2k in DNA before I even get the Gas n Grub. This is insane. At this rate, I see a lot of people speeding up with donuts to get all the prizes unless EA releases a patch to decrease the ingredients needed for each prize

I'm not one to complain ever. But I seriously detest this crafting element they have included in recent events. One thing is to make it reasonable like how it was for Halloween 2014. Another thing is to make it insanely hard and ask for way too many ingredients like they have with this event.
  • Timdametsfan
    52 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    How about you people that cry every time an event is released make a thread like others said above call it I hate every event if not shut up you are never happy ea could release every character in an event n you'll still find something to bit ch about omg I can't catch up waa waaa waa just stop playing if your not happy it's a free freaking game are you serious get over it, I don't have every item since the game dropped yrs ago you don't see me crying about every little thing
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    How about you people that cry every time an event is released make a thread like others said above call it I hate every event if not shut up you are never happy ea could release every character in an event n you'll still find something to bit ch about omg I can't catch up waa waaa waa just stop playing if your not happy it's a free freaking game are you serious get over it, I don't have every item since the game dropped yrs ago you don't see me crying about every little thing

Mmm... complaining about complaints. How very original. :roll:

Overall, I'm not a huge fan of crafting in general, or even how it's implemented in this event. However, I do feel like I'm going to be able to get everything I want. Just not as many copies as I'd like of the repeatable decorations (like cane fields, walls, deserts, etc.).

I still say that those items should be crafted once, then unlocked for purchase with game money.
  • Timdametsfan
    52 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:

Mmm... complaining about complaints. How very original. :roll:

Overall, I'm not a huge fan of crafting in general, or even how it's implemented in this event. However, I do feel like I'm going to be able to get everything I want. Just not as many copies as I'd like of the repeatable decorations (like cane fields, walls, deserts, etc.).

I haven't crafted one thing yet honestly I don't feel like their worth it if there's a character I can craft in act 3 I might try
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.