EA Forums - Banner

Money Mountain possible level up glitch

Replies

• exvaxman960
    203 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Posted this in the other thread, but got a phone call from a very pleasant person at EA.
    this is a known issue, it is being worked on, it appears to be in the "back end" but keep your eyes open for an update to fix the issue.
  • thatpaulholm
    24 posts
    edited May 2015
    The recent update (05/07/2015) seemed to fix the previous problem with the Ain't No Mountain High Enough Pt. 4. Although I had to leave my town and return in order for it to take affect. After several successful jobs Mr burn is now stuck again without a job on part 5.

Aw well I guess we'll check for an update in the morning.
  • hot4daryldixon
    355 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm stuck on level 2 7000/10000 on one board and 8000/10000 on my other, the task disappeared and I cannot continue. Pfffffffffftttttttttt.
  • EmceeHammer
    39 posts
    edited May 2015
    FIXED IT!!

Exit to friends and visit one. When you come back, an upgrade symbol will be over the pile.

This worked for me, thanks. I was one of the people stuck on level 1 9000/10000
  • organizmx66
    515 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    The update only sort of fixed it. I'm on level 4 now after a couple of big 'jumps', but it's stuck on 7500/25000 now. Maybe in the morning they will sort this all out...always the optimist :mrgreen:
    D'oh!!
  • Parkin76
    112 posts
    edited May 2015
    I am on level 3 and the throwing money task disappeared for me also. No help from a friend visit.
  • emina66
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Hi I stuck on 1000/1000 level 2 task tried going to friends and back but still does work and am not spending 40 to speed it up did get update this morning (Australia) but didn't fix it.
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    hughejars wrote:
    The visiting friends and coming back did NOT work for me.

Nor me :evil:

You have to enter a friend's town for it to auto level up. Each time it will complete one task, so multiple friend visits back and forth per level.

EDIT: I just had it stop working while visiting a friend later in my list. It seems to only work if you start with friends on the first screen, i.e Other Springfield + 2 friends screen. Won't work with other springfield either, must be one of the first two friends you visit first. You can keep scrolling through friends to get multiple tasks complete. Tested multiple times and with quite a few neighbours.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Parkin76
    112 posts
    edited May 2015
    nissa762 wrote:
    hughejars wrote:
    The visiting friends and coming back did NOT work for me.

You have to enter a friend's town for it to auto level up. Each time it will complete one task, so multiple friend visits back and forth per level.

Tried that - went to 3 straight friends' towns and nothing happened.
  • emina66
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    going back and visiting a couple of friends towns and go back to my town levelling up automatically by 2000 try that working for me was stuck on 1000/10000 now finish waiting for next task level 3
  • Parkin76
    112 posts
    edited May 2015
    emina66 wrote:
    going back and visiting a couple of friends towns and go back to my town levelling up automatically by 2000 try that working for me was stuck on 1000/10000 now finish waiting for next task level 3

Ok finally got it to work. Visited 15 friends since 15,000 money needed.
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Parkin76 wrote:
    emina66 wrote:

I edited my first post, it will only work for me if I start with my first two friends after Other Springfield. Thanks for the tip though, just scrolled through a bunch of friends to get quite a few levels complete.

Edit: many typos :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • cbratushesky
    144 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Have the glitch too. BOOURNS!
  • Parkin76
    112 posts
    edited May 2015
    nissa762 wrote:
    Parkin76 wrote:
    emina66 wrote:

All at once or back and forth? I edited my first post, it will only work for me with my first two friends after Other Springfield.

Went to one friend and just used the forward arrow to go to the next friend.
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Thanks, am at level 8 now!
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Different problem, still on level 2, have only managed to throw 3000 on there and now the task is missing from Mr Burns task list ?

Same here. Level 2, and I can't assign him to the task already.

The go to friends and back thing didn't work. I went through all my friends, no luck when I got back.
  • thatpaulholm
    24 posts
    edited May 2015
    Ok ... I don't know if this will work for anyone else but i thought I'd pass it on while it still works. Burns still has no jobs but I am still able to level up my Money Pile. All I do is go to one of my friends towns and then advance to the next one by hitting the arrow (either to the right or left). After 5 or so towns I go back to my town and check the pile level. The money will have increased. I just continue until I level up. Finishing level 8 now.

Hurry up before they "fix" it. :D
  • anna22478
    407 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Ok ... I don't know if this will work for anyone else but i thought I'd pass it on while it still works. Burns still has no jobs but I am still able to level up my Money Pile. All I do is go to one of my friends towns and then advance to the next one by hitting the arrow (either to the right or left). After 5 or so towns I go back to my town and check the pile level. The money will have increased. I just continue until I level up. Finishing level 8 now.

Hurry up before they "fix" it. :D

I tried this, I've got 1.5hrs till I can do visits but I dropped a seed to 1 neighbour, went back to my town & it had added 1000 to the 2000 I had so I went back & dropped my last 4 seeds in different neighbours towns, went back to my town but no increase this time. Still stuck on 3000/10000

Burns is still on event task from last night, due to finish in 1hr. Him ending a task added to his money pile last night so keeping fingers crossed.
  • thatpaulholm
    24 posts
    edited May 2015
    You don't need to wait until your friends are available for your daily clone bashing. All you're doing is traveling between friends, so you can do it anytime. Took me about 2 hours to complete level 11 (cost me 12 donuts to speed Smithers through a job).
  • Athewhofan2
    30 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I can't get started on lvl 2 on the money mountain it say to make burns spend 10'000 Bút Theres no action listed still at 0/10,000 so what's missing :?:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.