EA Forums - Banner

wdydw: Monsarno

Replies

  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    moarku wrote:
    One nice thing about having a town that's far from full. Lots of space to play with!

    [image deleted for space]

    I really really like yours! It's one of my favourites to see as I'm doing my neighbour visits. :)

    Thanks for that! It's also possible that I "borrowed" the idea of surrounding it with water from your design. ;)

    Whenever I can finally build those bridge pieces (whatever they're called), I'm planning to do that as well for the entrance. It's just so funny how once you start designing for real you always want to tweak it more and more.
  • mrsoctober12
    361 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    anna22478 wrote:
    This is my Monsarno area. I need to buy up more land to spread it out a little as I've had to link it up with my Zenith City area but I think it fits well.
    fNZmEgel.jpg
    GMTPm32l.jpg

    I like it, great job Anna!
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    moarku wrote:
    moarku wrote:
    One nice thing about having a town that's far from full. Lots of space to play with!

    [image deleted for space]

    I really really like yours! It's one of my favourites to see as I'm doing my neighbour visits. :)

    Thanks for that! It's also possible that I "borrowed" the idea of surrounding it with water from your design. ;)

    Whenever I can finally build those bridge pieces (whatever they're called), I'm planning to do that as well for the entrance. It's just so funny how once you start designing for real you always want to tweak it more and more.
    Heehee, yeah I like the water around it, even though it takes up more room.

    You don't need to buy bridge pieces! All you do is put down water, and then put a road over it, and it turns into a bridge!
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • ndeeka
    440 posts
    edited May 2015
    moarku wrote:
    One nice thing about having a town that's far from full. Lots of space to play with!

    http://i.imgur.com/HezeAtv.png?1
    Really nice!
    Whenever I can finally build those bridge pieces
    You mean the ones, where water flows underneath the road?
    I found out by accident (at first I thought they were some sort of decoration) how to do that:

    Just place road over an existing piece of water (expand where necessary) and you're done.
    Vice versa works as well.

  • dkg1083
    42 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    afXZWQ2l.jpg

    Still have the last section to craft.
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited May 2015

    You don't need to buy bridge pieces! All you do is put down water, and then put a road over it, and it turns into a bridge!

    Oh jeez, really? All this time I thought it was something that unlocked at a certain level. :?

    Not sure if it'll work now anyway because I have a feeling an actual road won't work as well as the concrete I have now, but I'll give it a shot.
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I decided to change some stuff and add the Sideshow stage to the Monsarno town. Would had liked to stay true to be original concept but don't have the luxury of space to do so. It's a real shame I wouldn't be able to replace the large hedges with the flower walls. Too bad it's unattainable. :(

    AE6E4DD0-E536-4C44-9190-E8EEED15817E_zpsjk9oqxyl.png
  • joshuaadolph
    35 posts
    edited May 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    fCgzecb.png?1

    How did you manage to get the concrete under your building??? I have tried but It won't let me do it
  • perkilusen
    379 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Untitled-11_zpsnwjthyld.jpg

    But I think I'm gonna redesign that, dunno yet.
  • biebel
    58 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    My Monsarno area:
    Monsanto_zpsttvcmjit.png
  • Krazykarl12
    48 posts
    edited May 2015
    vHjAX28.jpg
  • philong67
    153 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    33d17f8f-52cc-4e37-a66a-4b96da995cda_zpsm89qxrkg.png
  • audiomixdon
    360 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Mine


    image_3.jpg
  • awez1
    408 posts New member
    edited May 2015
    i'm too lazy to cap and stitch together my entire "monsarno complex" but here's the main building and you can see where the others are around it:

    min_zpswzneozwt.png
  • nicolknappen
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I work hard to work new buildings into my existing design. I've got all the land and water, but as I have most of the premium items, land is scarce. Had never seen the episode with the original complex. Wish I had the space to emulate. I've had to run mine with a street between complexes to work it into existing design. Far from perfect. But until we get more land....

    monsarno_zpsnb8f1ljn.png
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    awez1 wrote:
    i'm too lazy to cap and stitch together my entire "monsarno complex" but here's the main building and you can see where the others are around it:

    min_zpswzneozwt.png

    It looks nice, but that's a lot of space used on that pyramid...
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Mine


    image_3.jpg

    Love it!!, mines looks a lot like this.
  • awez1
    408 posts New member
    edited May 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    awez1 wrote:
    i'm too lazy to cap and stitch together my entire "monsarno complex" but here's the main building and you can see where the others are around it:

    min_zpswzneozwt.png

    It looks nice, but that's a lot of space used on that pyramid...

    yeah, i use a lot of space for my designs. half of my town is rivers right now, i don't mind. i'm level 51 and have 8+ mil cash :)
  • 4junk3000
    5952 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    I may need to expand the space to lay out all the buildings similar to this:
    bGFm1rw.jpg
    Lol, Oooooooo can we have those flashy curved roads?!

    Just spent a few hrs building my flashy curved roads!
    irTy4S2.jpg

    I did the best I could to match the original, but there's several inconsistencies preventing it. One bldg is missing and the far left pair are mirror of original. (The flip side of the "L" is also mirror, so even if you try to turn the whole campus 90° one bldg will still be backwards, I tried it) and of course the main bldg had it's inner courtyard diameter cut in half so the volley ball court doesn't fit.

    EDIT: ha! Looks like I forgot to replace a tree I borrowed.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • ljudah12985
    14 posts
    edited May 2015
    Finally finished mine.

    gmWC6VV.png
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.