EA Forums - Banner

Of these items, which is best?

Replies

• EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited May 2015
    I don't have any of those Premium Items, but when I do, I prefer Duff!
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    The brewery and coliseum are great buildings to build a town around. Would definitely go with one of them.

If you have the stadium or might consider getting it in the future, I'd go with the coliseum--they go together nicely to complete a sports area.

Otherwise, go with the brewery. It's easy to plug into any industrial / factory area.
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Duff Brewery was the first high-priced premium I splurged on, and it's still one of my favorite buildings (and Duffman is great). The Volcano Lair with Scorpio is excellent too. I was thinking about getting Beer n' Brawl just last night, and based on the positive responses in this thread, I think I'll pull the trigger on that one.

If you don't mind me adding to the original question, out of these three which would you recommend: Disco Stu's, Hungry Hun, or Community Center?

• Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Jedihntr wrote:
    Duff Brewery was the first high-priced premium I splurged on, and it's still one of my favorite buildings (and Duffman is great). The Volcano Lair with Scorpio is excellent too. I was thinking about getting Beer n' Brawl just last night, and based on the positive responses in this thread, I think I'll pull the trigger on that one.

If you don't mind me adding to the original question, out of these three which would you recommend: Disco Stu's, Hungry Hun, or Community Center?
    Hungry Hun for sure. It looks so dope. Many good ideas for it in the showcase. Also, Uter is a fave, though it's a shame he's not voiced.

The disco is #2 for me. Looks pretty good, and Stu is voiced.
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Just wondering if the OP will abide by the results of the poll??? If so, I'm tempted to start a campaign for the unfinished shed.

Otherwise, Duff. Not only is the character fun but so is the building animation. However, I'll admit to using a different criterion: your industrial area is an obvious town highlight, and I'm curious how you'd incorporate the Duff factory.
    Mopurglar wrote:
    Jedihntr wrote:
    Hungry Hun for sure.

Agreed with Community Center a distant third. If you don't have Akira, I'd consider him first.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited May 2015
    Jedihntr wrote:

I'd say the Hungry Hun - Uter seems more useful than the others. While Stu is a favorite character of mine, he has lots of indoor tasks. His outdoor ones are of shorter length too (like 1 hour, 6 hour). Jasper isn't bad either, if you have his skin from Stonecutters might make this more useful possibly. This one is particularly tough to answer honestly.

In terms of the OP, I said Duffman - one of my favorites in the game, excellent voice clips, practically all visual tasks, unique building. Volcano Lair is a very close second place. He's gotten some love in additional stories, he has a sweet xmas deco set for Christmas, and has probably some of the best visual tasks in the game. Just the building is harder to decorate.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Jedihntr wrote:

Hungry Hen and Community Center are two of my favorites. Both characters also have good outdoor visuals too. Disco Stu is iconic, but not as good a purchase.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:
    Just wondering if the OP will abide by the results of the poll??? If so, I'm tempted to start a campaign for the unfinished shed.
    I wouldn't have listed the shed if I didn't have some interest in it. I think that it was a potentially brilliant idea to take a joke from the show and expand it into a storyline in Tapped Out. I know it left a lot of people cold, but I find it intriguing. I'll probably get it eventually.
  • danutas
    77 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Don't have any of these. It has taken absolutely ages to get enough doughnuts to get the Cracker factory. Other than Lard lad doughnuts I don't have any other premium buildings. I used nearly 100 donuts opening mystery boxes and got the blue haired lawyer, Kearney, Lard Lad Doughnuts and Tire fire so it was possibly worth it though There is a limit to how many Chalmers cars, Khalish stands and Itchy and scratchy billboards you can actually put out. I don't see how anyone has enough doughnuts to have more than 1 or possibly 2 of the items we are supposed to vote on
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    danutas wrote:
    I don't see how anyone has enough doughnuts to have more than 1 or possibly 2 of the items we are supposed to vote on
    Cash money! 8)
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    danutas wrote:
    I don't see how anyone has enough doughnuts to have more than 1 or possibly 2 of the items we are supposed to vote on
    Cash money! 8)

Or been playing a long long time. :)

Looking forward to seeing what you pick.
  • NuclearPip
    85 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Good thread - I've been puzzling out a similar choice. Thanks!
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.
  • fmust68
    384 posts
    edited May 2015
    My answer is thrusting in the direction of the brewery.
    :lol:
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Looks like the brewery is winning :) I'm gonna need more donuts. I'll also have to figure out where to put it.

Woo-hoo! Beer bash at neuro's place! Unfortunately, I'm past my Keg Stand days :(
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Looks like the brewery is winning :) I'm gonna need more donuts. I'll also have to figure out where to put it.

Woo-hoo! Beer bash at neuro's place! Unfortunately, I'm past my Keg Stand days :(

I miss those days. I'd love to try it again now, but it would probably take an extra guy to hoist me up that high, haha.
  • ladycatlow
    1010 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I went with Duff Brewery. I love how it fits in design wise into a town, I used Easter gates to go around mine.

Duffmans tasks are great and he has so many outdoor tasks which is a bonus and varying task lengths. Personal fave is promoting duff.

Have fun with whichever you decide on.
  • nbpinkr2010
    232 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Duff Brewery! :mrgreen:

No special reason, I just like the way it looks. Too bad Homer doesn't have a task there...
  • nc1873
    58 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Always wanted the Springfield sign

Freemium only though?
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I bought the Hungry Hun last night and I'm quite pleased. Of course, Uter is going to have to wait until the event is over to start his story line, but the building itself worked well in the park/Opera House area I've been developing.

Thanks for the input, everyone! :-)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    neuroheart wrote:

I'm not sure I ever had those days, but I'm definitely past them now :lol:

Pulled the trigger on the brewery today. Thought about waiting until the event was over because I needed to shift some things around, but I just couldn't! :shock:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.