EA Forums - Banner

We need a gifting system now!

Prev1
Voted yes. I tried to buy some donuts for my wife without her knowing it about a year ago. Contacted EA and they had no way to do it, so I had to 'hack' her iPad (not really, but I needed to change her iTunes info to put them on my credit card). Ever since then I wish I could gift things to others, either donuts or some of my unused multiples.

Replies

• letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited May 2015
    I suspect all those folks with an extra lemon tree or SVT forever stuck in their inventory will be on board with this idea. I doubt they'll ever implement anything like this, though.
  • johncolombo
    11603 posts Senior Moderator
    edited May 2015
    this has been discussed so many times. I'm leaving it open, but another mod may decide it's to be closed. Good luck and welcome to the forum!!!!
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • pollardfreek
    786 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    What about a maybe option? I think that would be very cool. There's lots of stuff I have that I don't need and lots of stuff I'd like that my neighbors don't need. But these systems can also be abused. It would have to be very well thought out before implemented. I know other games have features like this so I believe it could be done.
  • hughejars
    587 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Whats to stop people opening lots of accounts, getting lots of the premium stuff any 'donating' it to their premier account.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    hughejars wrote:
    Whats to stop people opening lots of accounts, getting lots of the premium stuff any 'donating' it to their premier account.
    Nothing! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Tbh i wouldnt mind this option specially to help with giving over some in game cash to my daughters town for example

Although i cant see this actually being implemented by EA tho, due to people being able to take full advantage of the system some might even say "exploit" the option :P
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • sdarrall313
    280 posts
    edited May 2015
    I'd like to offload my additional lard lads, I hate that you can earn more than one. Stupid new boxes.
  • cjryder625
    1426 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I'd like to offload my additional lard lads, I hate that you can earn more than one. Stupid new boxes.

the one item I've yet to win. Lots of the rubbish stuff and a few donuts but no Lard Lads!
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • miraclemet
    422 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I love the idea, but it opens the platform up to people monetizing their inventory, and EA (and any other game company) hates the idea of others making money off their game.

I think a trade algorithm could be put in for a trading platform though.

You offer something that's worth X doughnuts in exchange for another item worth a similar amount of doughnuts (say within 10%) and then you could have a fun way to trade discontinued items, or extras.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    oojie_ wrote:
    I have friends that are just starting this game and I have friends that are way ahead of me in this game. One of my friends has three lard lads and millions of dollars. He doesn't need more money so he hasn't sold his extra buildings and decorations yet. But if there was a gifting system, My friend could give away his extra buildings and decorations. This feature could help people get more friends in this game which would make them spend more time on the game, which would theoretically, make them spend more money. This would also make the game more popular because everybody would be friends with everybody. This could also be a trading feature. You could have the option to gift an item or offer a trade. The trading system could start an economy within Tapped Out. People could trade for donuts and therefore, people would spend money on more donuts, giving EA more money. So if anyone at EA is reading, please consider this as a possible update.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Every day is a gift, that's why the call it "the present." Again, welcome to the forum and happy tapping. Also, in before the lock.
  • ghallmark814
    2337 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Tbh i wouldnt mind this option specially to help with giving over some in game cash to my daughters town for example

Although i cant see this actually being implemented by EA tho, due to people being able to take full advantage of the system some might even say "exploit" the option :P

See I really doubt that would happen... Tapped out is not the type of game that people would ever exploit.

:roll:
  • crazychimpah39
    109 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    It would be nice, but I have a feeling it would cause more problems with the running of the game, and it would make it not worth it.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited May 2015

Still waiting for my first !!! :evil:
  • rosesgirlnz
    4078 posts Member
    edited May 2015

Still waiting for my first !!! :evil:

Yeah me too...
  • Helen0725
    553 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    The gifting idea is a great one and it would help a lot of players. I also have an idea that might work. It would be nice if neighbour's would be able to help each other speed up tasks. There could be be an additional menu on each task that would enable us to ask for help from our neighbours. Also, so that the system is not abused, you could only get help from each neighbour just once every 24 hours. The more neighbours one has the more help they'll get.
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I think that the gifting system is a good idea in theory, but it would have to be implemented very carefully in order to avoid becoming an annoyance. I think there would need to be a way for players not just to gift items, but to specify which items they would like to receive as gifts. Otherwise, you'll get players gifting surplus items to other players who already have those items and don't want any more. I think what I'd prefer is to limit the gifting capability to cash or donuts, although the donut one especially would likely be abused by players who have...a lot of them.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited May 2015
    Voted 'No', just because i'm a negative person.
  • ghallmark814
    2337 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    It would be nice, but I have a feeling it would cause more problems with the running of the game, and it would make it not worth it.

Tell me about it.. I'm up to 6 and have a box due tomorrow.
    :?
  • HappyGamer73
    2408 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I think maybe there's too much chance of the system being abused. You could create feeder towns almost at will and send items to your main town, even the free burning bushes.

On a related note, maybe they could change the visiting system such that, when you visit a friend and get a free donut, they get one as well, with a little gift tag saying it's from you. One more way to encourage visiting neighbours.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    On a related note, maybe they could change the visiting system such that, when you visit a friend and get a free donut, they get one as well, with a little gift tag saying it's from you. One more way to encourage visiting neighbours.

Now that's an idea I could get behind. :thumbup:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.