EA Forums - Banner

Endless Bob: What Did You Get?

Replies

• jaztee123
    431 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I certainly didn't exploit it as much as I could've, but it allowed me to get close to 80 donuts, one each of everything and I have quite a lot left over. Just deciding now whether to purchases multiples of cane fields, walls, or extra g&G and markets.

I also have 120 seeds left over, so if any of my neighbours need a boost, PM me.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    it's funny how much value is placed on donuts when they're worth like 4cents each :O
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    NuclearPip wrote:
    First of all, a HUGE thank-you to those who responded to my PMs - particularly AOFIGO0009, who responded so quickly and completely. I kinda love this forum.

In the end, 200ish donuts (finally getting Duffman!), tons of cacti and cane and extra Monsarno buildings, but I think the most fun was all the seeds I accumulated - probably 1500+ total. I went through my neighbor list repeatedly dropping max seeds, which was awesome, especially as the majority of my neighbors were clearly not aware of Endless Bob. It felt good to help struggling neighbors increase their totals, esp since before EB I was AGES from crafting what I wanted, despite grinding it out repeatedly during the day & night.

So, yeah. Someone had asked about feeling guilty exploiting the glitch in the thread that I'm sure finally brought this to EAs attention, and I just don't feel bad. This wasn't a well-designed event at all, and I've had some really crappy interactions with EA support in the past, and I feel like, this was just poorly designed and coded, and we were collectively smart enough to exploit their failure.

Also, wee! Donuts!

Stop it!! Ur making me blush!! Dudes don't blush!!! .............. Okay, never mind, you can thank me!! :wink:
    I'm just glad I was able to help, and that my thread was able to lead so many people to find out about Fight Club, even if it was weird it turned into Mum's Net!!
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Wait what Glitch?? :shock:

:mrgreen:;)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • anna22478
    407 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    fmust68 wrote:
    Lottie089 wrote:
    Oh yes I wanted to ask, was there any other maniacs who took up all but one patch of road for maximum tapping?
    I did and I'm wondering what my neighbors thought about it... Grass and pavement everywhere! :lol:

I took up all my roads too. Glad that I've been able to put them back now as my town looked horrible without roads.
  • sdarrall313
    280 posts
    edited May 2015
    No PM for me and therefore no glitch. Just playing normally has allowed me to upgrade Monsarno to 20, herbicide to 15, opera to 9, craft everything on the list and unlock all of the prizes

Feeling smug :lol:

Snap!! I got all the stuff I wanted, even managed 2 corn fields and 2 walls, so now I'm just waiting for it to end.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I personally didn't think I used this "that" much so I'm thrilled with the amount of stuff I managed to get!

Basically everything on the list, including an extra farmers market, 8 cactus patches, 7 corn fields and 14 walls, but most importantly my donuts went from around 180 - 260 which I was thrilled about!

A massive well done to everyone for managing to keep this hush hush for so long! :thumbup: :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ItsSteveM
    26 posts
    edited May 2015
    Lottie089 wrote:
    Oh yes I wanted to ask, was there any other maniacs who took up all but one patch of road for maximum tapping?

I settled for a single tile of road on the landing screen. The rest of my Springfield was still normal.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    tommy1724 wrote:
    if it had been spread all over the forum EA would have just shut it down way earlier, and we all would have lost out...

Is that just speculation or has that actually happened in the past?

The money mountain glitch got shut down very quickly. Endless Bobs stayed up for over a week.
  • bort0matic
    121 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    More than a week? I can't believe I missed this. Could use a couple hundred donuts.
  • denisewalks
    178 posts
    edited May 2015
    So bummed and it's totally my fault. I visit the forum every day and just didn't see it.
  • asyousay10
    48 posts
    edited May 2015
    Gutted I never knew as I have struggled with this event , oh well nothing I can do now .

Well done to the people who managed to benefit :)
  • kcm0984
    32 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I'd love to be included in the super cool kids PM list next time there's a glitch like this!

KC
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    kcm0984 wrote:
    I'd love to be included in the super cool kids PM list next time there's a glitch like this!

KC

Even if you never got a PM but read the forums regularly you would have been able to know about it. Someone posted about it over a week ago.
  • kcm0984
    32 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    kcm0984 wrote:

KC

Even if you never got a PM but read the forums regularly you would have been able to know about it. Someone posted about it over a week ago.

I guess you're right - I dug back and did find the post from the 14th. But I didn't see it. And sometimes I don't get to read every single post - sometimes, I don't log in multiple times during the day, and a post can get pushed down. So they get missed. Which is why I mentioned that I'd love to be included if someone would be so kind, the next time.

• drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    kcm0984 wrote:

KC

For the record, there was never a PM list, just hard working forums members trying to help those interested in the glitch.
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited May 2015
    I didn't attack it ferociously, but I did get a good number of things thanks to it, including a second farmer's market, and one of all the craftables I was interested in. I am currently trying to get a second ticket booth and another gas and grub before the event ends, but it's looking unlikely that i'll get another gas and grub unless I force with Donuts.
  • ZAINH17__ZSH
    2737 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Can someone PM me the endless bob glitch. What was it?
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I totally agree with those who dont read every thread during events and that thread title would not have caught my eye except for the totally out-of-proportion number of views it was generating. I think what I learned about which threads to be sure to check on from now on is to look at the "views" column and see what everyone ELSE is checking on first.

I used to go by numbers of posts. Not any more. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    cdepast wrote:
    Hang on a second. There were absolutely no rules broken here. You tapped a bob clone, visited a friend, and re-entered your town. That's it. No one hacked the game or did anything illicit to gain an advantage. Sounds like sour grapes.

According to the terms of service we agreed to in order to play the game, we can't exploit the game. By definition exploit is: In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers. Therefore the rules were broken because the action sequence mentioned gave you rewards but didn't remove the clones (bug/glitch that did something that was not intended to happen). And those who followed the rules are the ones being punished here because unless they were able to grind like mad on the hour every hour every day and had all the free characters and about half dozen premium you couldn't get enough materials to craft everything. I'm going to have to craft within minutes of the end of the event to be able to get the final two items cactus patch and homer decoy because of the lack of DNA rewards compared to the rest of the materials of this event. I have every free character and and almost a dozen premiums. And checked in every hour. It is for those who missed out because they aren't close enough to that to have gotten everything I made my posts. In past events unless you had just started playing the game a week or two before the event you could get everything except for those hated RNG systems (ex. easter 2014).
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.