EA Forums - Banner

Crafting complete without Endless Bob

Replies

• abepsycracker
    6 posts
    edited May 2015
    I want my money back from this game bought many donut while people just get thousants of them now this game feel like a rip of i thought there was no possible way getting them for free in just seconds
  • GeminiTina
    330 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I didn't know about the EB glitch until I was back from my convention and it was fixed. I still managed to craft at least one of everything and multiples of canes, cactus, and walls.
  • christyarrrr
    5 posts
    edited May 2015
    I was able to craft one of everything, except the wall which I did not care for, and several patches of corn fields. This was working on a constant, constant grind that I almost gave up on the game because I was so bored.

I'm a stay at home mom at the moment, so I have a lot of down time to play. I don't think I would have been so successful if I had a real job. How do you freemium working people do it?
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Igcognita wrote:
    I knew about the glitch, but it seemed like it was too much effort and too time consuming, I just wasn't interested in it. Reminded me of the handshake glitch, way to much work, I passed on that one also.

Huh? The glitch required almost no effort. I could pick up my iPad and in about 7 minutes get 3000 bobs and two rounds of bonuts. I wish all glitches were as easy.

In hindsight I should have done it a lot more, but I was enjoying taking a break from the game after weeks of grinding.

That's strange, most people who used the glitch have said they grinded hard for their bounty. So I didn't want to put in that kind of an effort. By your numbers, even if you manage to get 6 donuts every 7 minutes, in an hour you have about 60 donuts, so to get something good with you donuts, you have to do this at least 2 or 3 hours. That's to much effort for me. I'm trying to spend less time with this game, not more.

Let me clarify, I want to spend less time doing the same repetitive action or tasks. After nearly three years of playing this game, I don't enjoy doing the same thing over and over. If they add some new fresh style of gameplay, that took up more of my time, I would enjoy playing the game more. But I've managed to get a decent amount of donuts from the mystery boxes.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • CloudyPearl
    2 posts
    edited May 2015
    I didn't manage to craft either the Welcome sign or the Homer decoy. And I can't quite believe I'm saying this about a fence/wall item in this game, but I kinda wish I had a few more flower walls. Still, I am pleased with my results overall.

No, I didn't see the Endless Bob glitch, either.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I always find it strange when people are surprised that they end up wanting more walls or fences. They're incredibly useful and versatile decorating items, and you need a lot of them for some of the best designs. Unless they're freely available, you'll almost always want or need more.
  • jmn120176
    24 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I played the game honestly without cheating, and I just found out about the cheat today. I'll call it that because that's what it is. Crafted one of everything except the welcome bob sign... I couldn't accumulate enough DNA. I grinded through every day, sometimes losing a few minutes of sleep so I could assign overnight 8 hour tasks. And I see people now with over 200,000 BOS and other exorbitant amounts of corn, DNA, and masks.... by cheating. Very aggravating.

If you will indulge me for a moment on a rant and a question: Is there anybody who plays this game honestly any more without cheater towns, cheater glitches, other exploitations of the game to make it easier? I feel like a rare breed.

What's the point of playing if you're just going to skirt the rules to win anyway?
  • AlexxPizzi
    24 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I didn't cheat. And I didn't spend any donuts. (Never used a donut glitch) Got 1 of every item crafted. I did check the game almost hourly some days though.
  • miraclemet
    422 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    wonder if any of the "purists" had any neighbors who did use the Endless Bob glitch, and those neighbors ended up with hundreds of seeds, and sent some to the non-glitch crafters... thus giving them the additional materials to be able to craft everything...

hmmm...
  • ant41789
    25 posts
    edited May 2015
    I only used endless bob to get a couple thousand music notes so it only really helped me a tiny bit. I was able to get one of everything but if i did not use endless bob i might not have gotten maybe only the bob sign or would have been very close to getting it today
  • bkopp1
    350 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I was able to craft multiples of everything and I did not use Endless Bob. I was aware of it but not that concerned about it. I think I spent 3-5 donuts on the first day just to get a start. I updated as needed and took advantage of visiting every hour or two just to be safe. I am at level 52 and have a few premium characters which helped. I was also able to get 12 donuts with the Cecil tasks over the past 4 days or so.

I did spend a lot of time on this event. Enjoyed but I plan on playing a little more relaxed for a bit.
  • GeminiTina
    330 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    miraclemet wrote:
    wonder if any of the "purists" had any neighbors who did use the Endless Bob glitch, and those neighbors ended up with hundreds of seeds, and sent some to the non-glitch crafters... thus giving them the additional materials to be able to craft everything...

hmmm...

I was curious, especially since I had very few seeds left for me in Act 3. So, I scrolled through my neighbors and it appears most of them that used the EB glitch are still sitting on all those seeds. The one player that consistently left me seeds in Act 3, was around my total in notes, so probably didn't know about the glitch.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    GeminiTina wrote:
    The one player that consistently left me seeds in Act 3, was around my total in notes, so probably didn't know about the glitch.
    I left you seeds every day when they were rolling in for me :(
    (This week I've been mostly sending them to players who haven't finished yet.)
  • jax16389
    39 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    No endless Bob for me as I did not know about it, but I did manage to craft everything I wanted except for the Bob sign. :D
  • LisaSimpsonOH
    459 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I didn't know about the glitch either. I was able to craft everything, even though I didn't really want the smokehouse. I got 4 canefields, 4 ticket booths (not sure what to do with all of them), 4 cactus patches (and focusing on more now), and even 6 of the flower walls, even though I wasn't sure I liked them. I put them at the entrance to my Monsarno compound, and broke them up with wrought iron fences, which I thought made them look better.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I didn't know about the glitch either. I was able to craft everything, even though I didn't really want the smokehouse. I got 4 canefields, 4 ticket booths (not sure what to do with all of them), 4 cactus patches (and focusing on more now), and even 6 of the flower walls, even though I wasn't sure I liked them. I put them at the entrance to my Monsarno compound, and broke them up with wrought iron fences, which I thought made them look better.

That sounds like a good idea! Pics?
  • LisaSimpsonOH
    459 posts Member
    edited May 2015

I don't know how to attach a pic. Does it have to be on imgur or something?
  • tralfabits
    345 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I didn't know about the glitch. I was only able to craft a small fraction of the available items, but that was mostly because I wasn't playing as much as I usually do during an event. Oh well.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited May 2015

I don't know how to attach a pic. Does it have to be on imgur or something?

I believe so.Someone more tech savvy than I could probably direct you.
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    You know what I do like about crafting in THIS game? You send a character on a task and you are *guaranteed* to get the reward (DNA, corn, ect) instead of it being left to "chance" "rare"...that enrages me and keeps me from ever completing events in other games. But this was a bit of a tight squeeze.

I completed my crafting, and I'm still crafting stuff post event. I only got into the fight club on the last few hours. That did help me with getting the boat, which was the one item I would have been upset not to get.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.