EA Forums - Banner

Edna Krabappel

st33lcas3 wrote:
or should I say Edna Crapapple. Seriously, why did they bring her in?

She has no voice and her jobs are all inside, except for the 10 minute Smoke reak and the 24 hour Go On Strike. How about a job called Find a Husband. Make it a four hour job where she follows around any of the male characters walking around Springfield.

If They gave her that task they would probably just have her GO ON DATES WITH POTENTIAL HUSBANDS and it would be at the guilded truffle.

Replies

• RobDaniel76
    18 posts
    edited January 2013
    She's one of my favorite characters from the show, but the lack of voice is always sad. I hope EA cuts a deal for more voices at some point.
  • st33lcas3
    256 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    st33lcas3 wrote:
    or should I say Edna Crapapple. Seriously, why did they bring her in?

She has no voice and her jobs are all inside, except for the 10 minute Smoke reak and the 24 hour Go On Strike. How about a job called Find a Husband. Make it a four hour job where she follows around any of the male characters walking around Springfield.

If They gave her that task they would probably just have her GO ON DATES WITH POTENTIAL HUSBANDS and it would be at the guilded truffle.

lol. I was editing my post when you made yours.
  • tcwrestlerh
    47 posts
    edited January 2013
    st33lcas3 wrote:
    lol. I was editing my post when you made yours.

Its all good people will just think I didnt read it first. Happens all the time here when people dont actually read the topic anyway. :)
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited January 2013
    First off, since Marcia Wallace isn't a regular cast member they can't use her voice in any materials like this. Second, you're supposed to be building a normal Springfield and having a school without a teacher is kind of strange so they brought in Krabbaple. Thirdly, why would she go looking for something she already has? I don't know how much of Season 23 you've seen but last May it was revealed that they got married. Professionally, she's Edna Krabapple but personally she's now the second Mrs. Ned Flanders.

I was kind of disappointed though that Ned didn't get the same two hour eat at the Gilded Truffle so he could dine with his wife and do double date nights with Homer and Marge. Oh well, I'm sure they'll think of something for her to do outside besides smoke and go on strike.
  • cjcccooper
    322 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm glad she is a character, yes i wish she could talk but oh well she has always been one of my favs,bart with out her no way..
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    cjcccooper wrote:
    I'm glad she is a character, yes i wish she could talk but oh well she has always been one of my favs,bart with out her no way..

What Freaky Santa said :lol::lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • cjcccooper
    322 posts
    edited January 2013
    Thanks neo!! You always got my back!
  • killeru666ba
    113 posts
    edited January 2013
    And she looks like she could handle a ... lot?...
  • childeharr
    235 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I kinda wonder about all of the characters who don't speak in the game. It's not like they need to get the actually actor to speak for them. Most of the audio is just taken from the show, right?! Edna needs a voice. How ironic is that: a teacher who doesn't speak?
  • DocNo42
    25 posts
    edited January 2013
    Burns and Smithers have a dual task, it would be nice if they added some more - some good ideas in this thread.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    cjcccooper wrote:
    Thanks neo!! You always got my back!

Always blud ;) need to keep Freaky santa on my side...dont want him giving me nightmares ;) :P
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    childeharr wrote:
    I kinda wonder about all of the characters who don't speak in the game. It's not like they need to get the actually actor to speak for them. Most of the audio is just taken from the show, right?! Edna needs a voice. How ironic is that: a teacher who doesn't speak?

Royalties.
  • killeru666ba
    113 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    childeharr wrote:

Royalties.

Well of course it's always about the Beautiful Monez.... Monez... would someone please give me his bank account number and sort code? ... I just need it for a ... a Poll... Promise...
  • DocNo42
    25 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    childeharr wrote:
    Royalties.

Yeah, it's a bummer Hank Scorpio doesn't speak :(

Seeing as he's a premium character you'd think EA could be bothered to kick something back to get the voice acting :p
  • rrpj007
    41 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    childeharr wrote:

Royalties.

Yep. I'm sure the contract EA signed with Fox likely specified that only main cast members could contribute voices to the game.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I would guess, and this is just a guess, but that the contracts of the main cast have clauses in them that allow them to be used for other purposes either with or without royalties. Remember when they had the little standoff on salaries, they were all willing to take a salary cut if they were given a small, like 1% of all the franchise, but that was not going to happen, so in the end they got slight salary increases.

I think the guest actors probably have slightly different contracts.

Just a guess, but because of it they are not licensed and would have to pay the other voice talent.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!