EA Forums - Banner

Come on already we need more land.

Replies

• Dannbridge
    6 posts
    edited May 2015
    Q: Why only 52 levels? Why not 100 levels?

A: Because it's played on smartphones!

If EA was smart, they would invest in a PC format. With today's technology, they could have just about unlimited resources to play with. This game is addicting, but there is only so much you can do in it.

Could you imagine 100 levels on a 25 by 25 grid? Wow we would be playing for the rest of our lives.
  • danutas
    77 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    DJDK-ec wrote:
    If you buy premium items and actually properly place the items, you need more land. If you cram crap together then you dont its that simple.

Personally I think no more land should be released for cash. any future land purchases should require donuts,and the only reason why I say this, is because those who do not purchase premium items have no need for additional land, and those who do, need more land so they will buy it.

So you want to punish to ones who buy premium items, by charging them more donuts, so they can place these items? :roll:

It's not punishing. You only need more land if you buy premium items . If you are happy to use your pocket money to buy premium items then you can afford to buy more land too. I have been playing for years and haven't run out of land.
  • mystery2mi
    2358 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I sympathize with everyone who needs more land because I will soon be there myself. I have already purchased 2 strips beyond the debris fields and can see that I have 1 more strip to purchase. Can anyone tell me how many strips of land there are beyond the debris fields? Not knowing how much land is left is preventing me from buying anything large. Hope this makes sense.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I have room for maybe five more buildings, depending on size. I don't know what I'll do, then.

I want the badlands!
  • flyreel
    114 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Well I need more land as well so in protest I have stopped buying donuts and so have the rest of my friends as we just don't have the space to to put the premium items anyway. I am not just talking a few squares either I want 4 rows each side :mrgreen: and not at millions of dollars per block! People with devices that can't handle it just don't buy the land simple
  • AirurandoP
    852 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    I am a freemium player and have long since got to the point where I need more land. Here are some of the main reasons this has happened. I don’t house farm

• I’ve been playing since (almost) the beginning so have many of the buildings that are now premium (eg: Barney’s Bowlerama)
    • I design my town rather than cram it.
    • I don't like storing paying items or items that increase conformity bonus or multipliers
    • Donuts seem to be easier to come by lately making Premium items more easily available (I recently bought Frinks Lab and the Duff Brewery)
    • Recent events (Stonecutters, Clash of Clones, Monsarno) include lots of buildings which require a good bit of land.
    • Not many Springfield items can be placed in Krustyland to make space.

I don't think any of these are out of the ordinary and many others are in the same boat for the same reasons.

Any chance of getting more land? :-)

P.S. My town is nothing special but feel free to add me if you want to see what I'm talking about (Unless you're a house farmer or crammer)

mhyhiitfz0jm.jpg

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    flyreel wrote:
    People with devices that can't handle it just don't buy the land simple
    Well, actually it's not simple. This is a social game, so people with devices that can't handle it would also need to stop visiting neighbors, which is not fair. An actual solution needs to be found.
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Please for the love of god EA, I need more land. It's beyond ridiculous, no more single strips either, I need rows,!!!!either give more land or hold off on the updates so we can re-organise, and given how difficult and time consuming that is, it's not ideal. The idea for this to be fun, is to build MY springfield, how I want to. It's false advertising otherwise. Kinda. :lol:
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited May 2015
    hevvy217 wrote:
    Still not sure why people are on this thread stating they do not need more land. What is the benefit to you by making it difficult for us to plead our request. Please stop

Because a slower device might be nearly unplayable after land expansion update.

Didn't think of that, did you?

I'm pretty sure we've ALL seen that answer.
    There has to be some sort of solution, otherwise we'll all give up playing once there's nowhere to put new buildings/decorations. What would be the point?
    Maybe those with slower devices could play on some sort of a website (non-app) version? Or a different 'tapped out 2.0' could be downloaded (with more land and the ability to access your existing Springfield) from iTunes for more current devices? I'm pretty unschooled in the tech world, so I have no idea if either would even be feasible...
    But it seems like there has to be some sort of answer to the land problem, I would hate for tsto to fizzle away.

So take the game away from those with slower devices after they have potentially invested a lot of real money? Force them to place on a desktop they might not even own? That is your "solution?"

They have to maintain a balance. I have no real room left either and I store all seasonal stuff. I too want more land but it's not necessarily as simple as just tacking in land into the current grid. Devices will get faster and boast more processing power. The game will still be able to grow in size. I strongly suspect there exists a rough benchmark most devices can manage right now. As older devices are replaced, inevitably, by newer ones the game will expand in size too.

wadebear wrote:
    So I was reading in another thread and someone once again griped about there not being enough land...

And it hit me. Make the buildings smaller. And the roads, and the characters, and the decorations... If you make everything smaller then you can fit more stuff into the same space.

And it would help with the zoom issue, too. More stuff in less space. Every time I reload my town the first thing I have to do is pinch it together so I can see more stuff.

And there are so many buildings that are out of proportion to each other. Leave the big buildings the size they are and make the buildings that are supposed to be smaller than the big buildings smaller. Town Hall isn't much larger than a Brown House, which is supposed to be like a 2 bedroom low rent building...

And there's your solution.

That doesn't work. It's still the same number of objects to track.
  • baxbooch
    214 posts
    edited May 2015
    I'd be fine with more land of we didn't also have $10million buildings. I want to buy all the (free) things and even though I broke down and built a house farm that's still slow going. Half my town is designed well and the other half is plop and cram. I keep thinking when I'm done I'll nuke it and redesign but man that's a whole whole lot of work.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6291 posts Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I remember when the 2012 Christmas event came around, they sent out a message that older devices will no longer be supported. Surely enough my iPhone 3G was no longer supported, so I could only play on my iPad 3. I got a iPhone 5 in February 2013 & since then I've played on both devices.

There has to come a time that they have to stop supporting older devices again. They are only holding everything else back. Hopefully it's soon because I seriously need land and have been needing it for a very long time. I have lots of things in storage and everything a new update comes out, I literally have to store things & demolish other aspects of my town in order to get new buildings & continue to play.

A solution needs to be found asap
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited May 2015
    I remember when the 2012 Christmas event came around, they sent out a message that older devices will no longer be supported. Surely enough my iPhone 3G was no longer supported, so I could only play on my iPad 3. I got a iPhone 5 in February 2013 & since then I've played on both devices.

There has to come a time that they have to stop supporting older devices again.

:thumbup:

It's inevitable and it will happen again. If there existed some kind of unwritten rule that a game must always be playable on the initial platform(s) that carry it gaming would be a very different landscape than what we enjoy today.
  • empathy77
    4190 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    star-trek-make-it-so.jpg
  • devilhunt1449
    3614 posts Member
    edited May 2015
    Not sure if I've ever posted in this thread before or not but the time has come that I need to add my voice to the masses and say that a land expansion is much needed to be able to continue playing the game properly, I don't wish to have to squeeze buildings close together or be reduced to just dumping a building anywhere I can fit it as what would be the point of trying to design a town if all I can do is squash buildings together, new Land is a must even if it is at the expense of some of the older devices no longer being able to play the game I'm sorry to say this but you can't keep support for old kit forever, I'm also a PC gamer and wouldn't expect a 3 or 4 year old PC to play the latestgames well or even at all uunfortunately electronic devices that play games have an expected life and have to be replaced eventually, you just simply can't expect a game company to keep supporting devices that are 5 or more years old.
  • Xarone
    102 posts
    edited May 2015
    Bump. Desperately need more land, this game is becoming unplayable. The fun part is designing the town which is no longer possible because there's no room for all of the new buildings, especially since a lot of the new buildings are large in size

Not sure if this was already mentioned in the 40 pages, but what if they just made all of the items smaller and let people with newer devices zoom in more?
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited June 2015
    Xarone wrote:
    Bump. Desperately need more land, this game is becoming unplayable. The fun part is designing the town which is no longer possible because there's no room for all of the new buildings, especially since a lot of the new buildings are large in size

Not sure if this was already mentioned in the 40 pages, but what if they just made all of the items smaller and let people with newer devices zoom in more?

It was mentioned and it wouldn't work. The size of the graphical representation is irrelevant. What really matters is the overall number of objects that must be tracked and loaded.
  • Xarone
    102 posts
    edited June 2015
    Xarone wrote:

It was mentioned and it wouldn't work. The size of the graphical representation is irrelevant. What really matters is the overall number of objects that must be tracked and loaded.

Ah, that makes sense. Bummer.

I say just screw people with older devices, if they are too cheap to update let their games crash. I got the"too many items" warning message atleast six months ago and have obviously added more items since then and have never had a crashing problem.

When visiting neighbors they can just make a warning message that says "This player has more land than your device can support." And give you the option to remove that neighbor.
  • Proud_Scot
    12 posts
    edited June 2015
    Shameless plug, but how about an expansion into the Badlands for more land kinda like this idea I just posted - http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10337519.page

Having the Badlands also means that you could place big things Mount Carlmore, Satan's Anvil, Rolling Rock, Death Mountain and Fort Sensible in the Badlands which would clear up a lot of space in the main town.
  • Vedata123
    216 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    PLEASE EA, I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH AND I HAVE MANY FUN TO BUILT
    BUT I HAVE NO LAND TO BUILT A REALISTIC SPRINGFIELD !
    PLEASE I NEED MORE SPACE !
    I like all thinks in this game, only the land makes me sad ;(
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    dbp_moreland_logo.jpg
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!