EA Forums - Banner

RANT

Replies

  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    zutroy69 wrote:
    Not sure if this is an impasse or kumbaya moment. Maybe both.


    J1KwqRL.jpg

    It is Taco Tuesday!
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    wiedmannaj wrote:
    I don't know the exact amount for the brown house with and without a handshake, but I currently have a handshake on a Kwik-E-Mart, and conveniently on Moe's as well. Clearing Moe's gives me $20/2xp. The handshake Kwik-E-Mart gives me $26/3xp, while the regular gives $7/2xp (a difference of $19/1xp, roughly what I got from Moe's).

    This is what I mean about the multiplier affecting if the amount is exactly identical or not (I phrased that, how you say, inelegant.) The regular payout for a Kwik-E-Mart is $5/1xp, but with my multiplier of around 30% that makes it $6.5/1.3xp (and I guess it always rounds up?). The base payout for a friend visit is, math tells me, $15/1 xp. Alone, with a 30% payout is $20/2xp (Moe's), and when you add the base Kwik-E-Mart rent to it ($5/1xp+$15/1xp=$20/2xp) and with the 30% multiplier it's $26/3xp
    Well, I'll be dammed. Anyone know how long it's been like that? Because I checked regularly when I started playing to see if handshakes did anything. Never got more money, just the timer reset.

    Just verified that there is a bonus payout from the handshakes - seems to be $25 for me, with a 61.25% multiplier. Haven't had graffiti in the last few hours (come on people, Graffiti Me! :D ) , so I can't say for sure what the payout is there. Certainly it wasn't like this when I first started. I remember checking and seeing that there was no extra payout for a handshake, just the regular payout and timer reset. Changes the dynamic a little, I guess, but I still like graffiti! :twisted:

    This is new to me too.
    Thanks to wiedmannaj for putting this out there.

    It seems to me that graffiti is bad. It seems like graffiti should be a last case scenario(unless using the glitch.) I'm going to pretend there is no glitch, as it will be fixed eventually.
    Higher level players should have plenty to tap outside of events.
    Lower level player should have less to tap and that's when the last case scenerio thing happens. If low level players are getting that many handshakes and the only things left are non revenue producers, the possible loss of .5% shouldn't hurt. I don't think.

    I'll stop looking for non revenue producing buildings.


    Edit: spelled wiedmannaj wrong.
  • msrednotdead
    42 posts
    edited June 2015
    I'm just happy when someone visits don't care what they hit
  • cjryder625
    1426 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    people should get a life. I tap what I want and people can tap what they want (or not if they don't want to visit). If people don't like that they can delete me and I'll add another neighbour who appreciates a daily visit with no obligation to return the favour. In fact I'm looking for some new neighbours to replace those who haven't cleared their towns for the last week or so so if anyone wants to be added send me an invite and I'll add first come first served (no need to pm either!!).
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    cjryder625 wrote:
    people should get a life. I tap what I want and people can tap what they want (or not if they don't want to visit). If people don't like that they can delete me and I'll add another neighbour who appreciates a daily visit with no obligation to return the favour. In fact I'm looking for some new neighbours to replace those who haven't cleared their towns for the last week or so so if anyone wants to be added send me an invite and I'll add first come first served (no need to pm either!!).

    What? You mean you don't keep a Spreadsheet on your computer documenting who visits your town and when? :wink:

    Are you looking for a neighbour or a neighbor? :twisted:
  • mystery2mi
    2359 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Since it seems that when neighbors tap our buildings we get a bigger payout than when we tap the buildings ourselves, I'm wondering if I should get rid of neighbors who never visit and replace them with new neighbors who actually visit? Also, maybe I should leave the higher payout buildings alone in the hope that a kindly neighbor will tap it and thus give me more $$$?
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    mystery2mi wrote:
    Since it seems that when neighbors tap our buildings we get a bigger payout than when we tap the buildings ourselves, I'm wondering if I should get rid of neighbors who never visit and replace them with new neighbors who actually visit? Also, maybe I should leave the higher payout buildings alone in the hope that a kindly neighbor will tap it and thus give me more $$$?

    On an unrelated topic, I just now understand your user name!
    *Moxxee scores a point for comprehension*
  • cjryder625
    1426 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    moxxee wrote:
    cjryder625 wrote:
    people should get a life. I tap what I want and people can tap what they want (or not if they don't want to visit). If people don't like that they can delete me and I'll add another neighbour who appreciates a daily visit with no obligation to return the favour. In fact I'm looking for some new neighbours to replace those who haven't cleared their towns for the last week or so so if anyone wants to be added send me an invite and I'll add first come first served (no need to pm either!!).

    What? You mean you don't keep a Spreadsheet on your computer documenting who visits your town and when? :wink:

    Are you looking for a neighbour or a neighbor? :twisted:

    UK or US I don't mind or anywhere else people reside :D
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • mystery2mi
    2359 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    moxxee wrote:
    mystery2mi wrote:
    Since it seems that when neighbors tap our buildings we get a bigger payout than when we tap the buildings ourselves, I'm wondering if I should get rid of neighbors who never visit and replace them with new neighbors who actually visit? Also, maybe I should leave the higher payout buildings alone in the hope that a kindly neighbor will tap it and thus give me more $$$?

    On an unrelated topic, I just now understand your user name!
    *Moxxee scores a point for comprehension*
    My real name is Terry, so it's a spinoff of that. P.S., I love tacos too. Still having Mexican food withdrawals after moving from California to New England! :?
  • marcjas458
    192 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    mystery2mi wrote:
    P.S., I love tacos too. Still having Mexican food withdrawals after moving from California to New England! :?

    Sigh...yes, the best you can hope for is "tacos"
    Best to switch to Mexican BBQ...got invited to a barn party...yum!
    Or colombian in Lowell, ma...
  • mystery2mi
    2359 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    marcjas458 wrote:
    mystery2mi wrote:
    P.S., I love tacos too. Still having Mexican food withdrawals after moving from California to New England! :?

    Sigh...yes, the best you can hope for is "tacos"
    Best to switch to Mexican BBQ...got invited to a barn party...yum!
    Or colombian in Lowell, ma...
    There are a few Mexican restaurants around but they tend to be Americanized. Mostly I just make my own. I've never tried Columbian. May have to check that out. Thanks for the tip! :D
  • zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    mystery2mi wrote:
    moxxee wrote:
    mystery2mi wrote:
    Since it seems that when neighbors tap our buildings we get a bigger payout than when we tap the buildings ourselves, I'm wondering if I should get rid of neighbors who never visit and replace them with new neighbors who actually visit? Also, maybe I should leave the higher payout buildings alone in the hope that a kindly neighbor will tap it and thus give me more $$$?

    On an unrelated topic, I just now understand your user name!
    *Moxxee scores a point for comprehension*
    P.S., I love tacos too. Still having Mexican food withdrawals after moving from California to New England! :?

    Don't know if they have Taco Time in CA, but used to have them here in CO and still lots in WY, UT and NV I think. Pretty darn good recipe for homemade taco filling: http://www.food.com/recipe/taco-times-secret-beef-seasoning-418061
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Yep! It's taco time everywhere!!
    except Australia and New Zealand. It's already Wednesday. :(
  • mystery2mi
    2359 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    zutroy69 wrote:
    Don't know if they have Taco Time in CA, but used to have them here in CO and still lots in WY, UT and NV I think. Pretty darn good recipe for homemade taco filling: http://www.food.com/recipe/taco-times-secret-beef-seasoning-418061
    Never heard of Taco Time. I have my own "secret" recipe. Thanks, anyway!

    Sorry, didn't mean to turn this thread into a rant about lack of Mexican food. :oops:

    Edit: 100th Post!
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I can't think of much I care less about than this problem.
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    mystery2mi wrote:
    zutroy69 wrote:
    Don't know if they have Taco Time in CA, but used to have them here in CO and still lots in WY, UT and NV I think. Pretty darn good recipe for homemade taco filling: http://www.food.com/recipe/taco-times-secret-beef-seasoning-418061
    Never heard of Taco Time. I have my own "secret" recipe. Thanks, anyway!

    Sorry, didn't mean to turn this thread into a rant about lack of Mexican food. :oops:

    Edit: 100th Post!

    Woot! :-)

    Salsa verde is the bomb. And sooner or later, all threads lead to tacos....
  • zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    mystery2mi wrote:
    zutroy69 wrote:
    Don't know if they have Taco Time in CA, but used to have them here in CO and still lots in WY, UT and NV I think. Pretty darn good recipe for homemade taco filling: http://www.food.com/recipe/taco-times-secret-beef-seasoning-418061
    Never heard of Taco Time. I have my own "secret" recipe. Thanks, anyway!

    Sorry, didn't mean to turn this thread into a rant about lack of Mexican food. :oops:

    Edit: 100th Post!

    Have you followed this thread? :mrgreen: No apologies necessary! Congrats on 100!
    moxxee wrote:
    And sooner or later, all threads lead to tacos....

    :lol:
  • ghallmark814
    2337 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Graffiti, tapping and tacos!

    This thread is so East L.A.
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Graffiti, tapping and tacos!

    This thread is so East L.A.
    giphy.gif
  • wiedmannaj
    1125 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    wiedmannaj wrote:
    I don't know the exact amount for the brown house with and without a handshake, but I currently have a handshake on a Kwik-E-Mart, and conveniently on Moe's as well. Clearing Moe's gives me $20/2xp. The handshake Kwik-E-Mart gives me $26/3xp, while the regular gives $7/2xp (a difference of $19/1xp, roughly what I got from Moe's).

    This is what I mean about the multiplier affecting if the amount is exactly identical or not (I phrased that, how you say, inelegant.) The regular payout for a Kwik-E-Mart is $5/1xp, but with my multiplier of around 30% that makes it $6.5/1.3xp (and I guess it always rounds up?). The base payout for a friend visit is, math tells me, $15/1 xp. Alone, with a 30% payout is $20/2xp (Moe's), and when you add the base Kwik-E-Mart rent to it ($5/1xp+$15/1xp=$20/2xp) and with the 30% multiplier it's $26/3xp
    Well, I'll be dammed. Anyone know how long it's been like that? Because I checked regularly when I started playing to see if handshakes did anything. Never got more money, just the timer reset.

    So with all this being said, what's the final verdict? Is vandalizing hurting or helping a player? Does it matter the level they are at? I try to help my neighbors as much as I can. I often vandalize and since finding out the trick to do more, I use that as often as I can. I have always seen the vandalizing as being helpful since the neighbor gets money from a building it would 't normally.
    I don't think I would vandalize a player who is below level 33, as they aren't able to build training walls to combat the loss in righteousness.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.