EA Forums - Banner

Designing A Forest

2Next

Replies

• jackmack010
    365 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Start by clearing the area then placing any structures you wish to be included.
    Then start placing trees around the perimeter making sure not to clump too many of the same variety to close to each other. Continue til you have the forest to the density you desire.

Good luck.

One trick that helped me was to clear out an adjacent area and place a bunch of the different types of trees being used so that I wouldn't have to keep going back and fourth to purchase more trees or dig them out of inventory. Then I could move them one at a time to their final position with less clicking on different menus. Then just store what few you have left over for future use……….. Works for me

IMG_2021.png
  • mwdalton
    11547 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    doh1236 wrote:
    In one of my forested areas I put a lamppost and a reindeer (stag) in it. I have the trees closer the further you go into the woods where the lamppost is.

Narnia! :D
  • Arbok9782
    525 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I like to use random tree patterns with small shrubs and bushes, you can use shrubs to shape a more rural pathway. In my main town the forest hides the stonecutters secret pathway, and of course is the only safe place the fireworks guy can live, considering his first house is still smoking in the back.
    1KyHe7ql.jpg

I usually hate the way the pavement works, but the way the winding paths were created there is inspiring. Kudos.
  • Grumpstown
    1361 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    ill put them randomly, but i seperate the leaf and the needle trees^^
  • marcjas458
    192 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Mine are inferior and small. I was limited at the time and wanted to play before committing to a large chunk of land. I wanted to show both on a small scale. I'm not comfortable putting my neighbors up or I would show better examples.

Random:

rCUvySIl.jpg

Pattern:

CRUwSyel.jpg
  • johncolombo
    11570 posts Senior Moderator
    edited June 2015
    This is for people who have a forest in your town with multiple types of tree. Did you use a pattern or just put the trees randomly.

see new other Springfield for a nice forest design, they love trees over there.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • mc_9208
    18 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    My trees are placed completely at random.

ui01YiU.png
  • mystery2mi
    2359 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Why do so many here think forests only consist of evergreens? Where I live in New England, forests are mixed evergreen and deciduous so thats how I made it in my town. Looks great in the fall just like IRL. If they ever add more land at the top, I will probably make mine bigger.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Here's mine. (You think this is disturbing, imagine what it would be like if I wasn't on my meds.) (I bet you think I'm kidding). ;)

s5qTWDil.png
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.