EA Forums - Banner

Request night mode

Prev1
I've always like to have a night mode added to the game :) My idea for it working would be like how we operate the skins basically we could choose when we want to use it etc.

Here are a couple of examples of how it could look, granted the 1st one is quite dark

FTtJo41l.jpg

AH4fulLl.jpg

Replies

• Annathewicked
    4721 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    MMmmmmmmm Nightmode. I love this idea. Its a little too bright in SF sometimes.....
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • uglyduck1ing
    174 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    That would be awesome but I guess it would be difficult to see the characters walking around. Maybe muggings could feature as tasks
  • brogames111
    740 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Love that!!
  • devilhunt1449
    3726 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Love the second one Neo, that is just perfect for my vision of late evening early night time, would look absolutely awesome coming up to Christmas with the lights on the houses, why oh why can we not get a night skin, please EA give to us the awesomeness of night.
  • barryriddl474
    4831 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    My town has been "night mode ready" ever since I found the lamp post in the store. :D
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited June 2015
    Love the second one Neo, that is just perfect for my vision of late evening early night time, would look absolutely awesome coming up to Christmas with the lights on the houses, why oh why can we not get a night skin, please EA give to us the awesomeness of night.

Yeah the second pic would work really well :) Can see the characters easily too :)

AH4fulLl.jpg
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    We've wanted this for a while. I don't know why the developers didn't add it into the game yet. It would've really brought things to life.

Also nice concept screen shots Neo! :thumbup:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • kxtr
    15 posts
    edited June 2015
    Selectable night mode would almost double the games size, as you would need dark/nightly graphics for each element in the game on top of the graphics we already have. During events the graphics are changed, hence the app/play store and large in game download needed then.
    It would be nice to look at, but adding so much data to a game that's not really running smooth and stabe as it is? Probably not a godd idea, sadly.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I was always "Meh" about this idea, but the pictures make it look pretty cool! Of course, it means I'd have to re-arrange quite a lot to fit more lamp posts in. If they ever do a "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" update, they HAVE to do this!
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • LagginPotato64
    211 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I've always like to have a night mode added to the game :) My idea for it working would be like how we operate the skins basically we could choose when we want to use it etc.

Here are a couple of examples of how it could look, granted the 1st one is quite dark

FTtJo41l.jpg

AH4fulLl.jpg

I actually like both those pictures. I think maybe from 8pm-midnight they could use the lighter picture and then from 1am-5am they could use the really dark one.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11647 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    kxtr wrote:
    Selectable night mode would almost double the games size, as you would need dark/nightly graphics for each element in the game on top of the graphics we already have. During events the graphics are changed, hence the app/play store and large in game download needed then.
    It would be nice to look at, but adding so much data to a game that's not really running smooth and stabe as it is? Probably not a godd idea, sadly.
    we had one at halloween and it wasn't double size.
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • lyndon928
    44 posts New member
    edited June 2015
    kxtr wrote:

Halloween wasn't selectable...............was it?

By the way, thanks for everything you do on the forum LPNintendoITA. Your Awesome!
  • kxtr
    15 posts
    edited June 2015
    kxtr wrote:

...because the original graphics were replaced during the event. To be able to switch between day and night mode would either mean to save both sets of graphics on the device or a large download everytime we switch (like when switching languages, but much larger). Game graphics take space, there's no way around it.

Also, the Halloween thing was a dimmed down version of the normal graphics, IIRC. Coding lit up windows, street lamps etc is more work than that, I don't know if it would make sense economically for EA?

I would love to have it, but I think it's very unlikely.

• 2almondnut
    122 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I love this. For me, the ideal version would display whether it was night or day for that player. I'd love to know in some events.
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I play another similar game with night mode and it is awesome. Would love to see it implemented in this game, with the ability to turn it on and off in settings/somehow so that if needed you can turn it off to design/collect.
  • krayzjoe
    16 posts
    edited June 2015
    That could be the next evernt! Mr. Burns decides to blot out the sun, leading to him getting shot, a big whodunit again, and maybe a playable Maggie character!

OOOOO, I'm just tinglely with anticipation!

:lol:
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    krayzjoe wrote:
    That could be the next evernt! Mr. Burns decides to blot out the sun, leading to him getting shot, a big whodunit again, and maybe a playable Maggie character!

OOOOO, I'm just tinglely with anticipation!

:lol:

Love it! :D
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I agree! :)
  • stinkbugger
    1983 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    The more I play Tapped Out the more I miss playing Animal Crossing.

days that slowly change into nights.
    seasons that slowly go from one state to the other (i.e. a little snow, then weeks later a lot of snow)
    etc.

• LPNintendoITA
    11647 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    kxtr wrote:
    kxtr wrote:

...because the original graphics were replaced during the event. To be able to switch between day and night mode would either mean to save both sets of graphics on the device or a large download everytime we switch (like when switching languages, but much larger). Game graphics take space, there's no way around it.

Also, the Halloween thing was a dimmed down version of the normal graphics, IIRC. Coding lit up windows, street lamps etc is more work than that, I don't know if it would make sense economically for EA?

I would love to have it, but I think it's very unlikely.

I think you're right. I wasn't in the files digging yet at the time so i dunno have to ask mike S. or spAnser about that
    lyndon928 wrote:
    kxtr wrote:

Halloween wasn't selectable...............was it?

By the way, thanks for everything you do on the forum LPNintendoITA. Your Awesome!
    no problem ;) you're welcome. no it wasn't selectable. but it was cool
    The more I play Tapped Out the more I miss playing Animal Crossing.

days that slowly change into nights.
    seasons that slowly go from one state to the other (i.e. a little snow, then weeks later a lot of snow)
    etc.
    THIS
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.