EA Forums - Banner

Snow

Replies

• Tortyreus
    108 posts
    edited January 2013
    Sick of the snow, hope it's gone soon. Boring and ugly as hell, was fun the first 5 minutes though.
    Lol

PROMOTED! Hell yeah!
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    zuzupj wrote:
    I was so sick of the green that I loved everything about the snow. I think not seeing it for a while made me respect the green more. I will still miss the snow, but I look forward to seeing the green again. I'm sure ill get sick of it within a month and want snow to come back.

So it is in real life...

Exactly, spiff!
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    zbbP1rH.png

Perhaps a third option as seen in the episode two weeks ago? Partial snow. No more bushes covered, or snow falling, but little spots about town.
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited January 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    What i would like to see whether it is possible is:

* To be able to switch between Snow n Our Beloved Greenary (When we want to, like the decorations on houses sorted thing.

* Switch between Night & Day - The night shots people have shown are awesome!!

* Crashing issues sorted once and for all

Might be a long shot but would be nice :D
    Always wanted to know how to make these night shots?

Take a screen shot.. or many screen shots and stitch them together with a image manipulation program like Gimp or photoshop, then edit them as you please to create a night look.. the actual process i use is a bit complicated to try and type out..
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:
    zbbP1rH.png

Perhaps a third option as seen in the episode two weeks ago? Partial snow. No more bushes covered, or snow falling, but little spots about town.

Ah pure genius my friend, then we can play with brown and black and yellow snow
  • Jopa79
    357 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    nettangel wrote:
    2q03olw.jpg
    I am a snow lover what can I say but do love spring when it comes around too lol.
    I guess I am a girl for all seasons!

Spring wouldn't be as nice if we didn't have the long Winter first.
    What a lovely pic!
    RSommons wrote:

Around here we call that mud season :-)
  • jehenyen
    129 posts
    edited January 2013
    I loved the snow at first, but now I'm over it and am ready for colors. I'm not a big snow person in real life. I live in the desert for a reason.
  • am4692
    2253 posts
    edited January 2013
    jehenyen wrote:
    I loved the snow at first, but now I'm over it and am ready for colors. I'm not a big snow person in real life. I live in the desert for a reason.

A desert is a place with little to no rain fall so technically evan if a place has snow it can still be discribed as a desert. :lol::mrgreen:
  • jehenyen
    129 posts
    edited January 2013
    am4692 wrote:
    jehenyen wrote:

A desert is a place with little to no rain fall so technically evan if a place has snow it can still be discribed as a desert. :lol::mrgreen:

I prefer the warm kind sans black ice. :)
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    I live in a place that gets a good snow covering maybe 1-2 days out of every 3-4 years. I have to be honest, every time I launch TSTO I still get that giddy excited feeling about seeing the snow. It makes me feel like a kid again, and I am definitely not tired of it yet!
    What are the chances that having the snow and all of the snowy details (snow on trees, etc) puts additional burden on the system/servers, and factors into the instability, thereby causing more crashes?
    I'd say slim to none. I believe there are two images for each object/building, and the snow images shouldn't be any worse than the non-snow images. Even if rendering were an issue, the snow images seem to have less detail, so would actually improve performance, if anything.

I, for one, saw a SIGNIFICANT improvement in stability (both network errors and crashing) with the Christmas update. And since upgrading my device I only crash or see a connection error 1-2 times per week.
  • BDIHP
    189 posts
    edited January 2013
    Am really sick of it. It was cute for a couple weeks, but since you can't see anything, I've stopped decorating. Less likely to spend in-game money if I can't see what things will look like.

Go away snow.
  • am4692
    2253 posts
    edited January 2013
    jehenyen wrote:
    am4692 wrote:
    jehenyen wrote:

I prefer the warm kind sans black ice. :)

Me to the hotter and dryer the better. :wink:
  • terrapinblue
    50 posts
    edited January 2013
    I just started the game around the christmas update ending, so I haven't even seen a green springfield. I buy flowers based on what is covering them, or the snow shape.

I'm excited for the greenery for this reason mainly... :mrgreen:
  • styles727
    21 posts
    edited January 2013
    personally i can't wait for the snow to go away, i would actually like to see ea add sand or dirt areas.
  • rrpj007
    41 posts
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:
    zbbP1rH.png

That would be awesome, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up doing something like this. If they can do snow for winter, surely they can do a partial snow for spring, full bloom for summer, and then an autumn theme come October.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    rrpj007 wrote:
    RSommons wrote:
    zbbP1rH.png

That would be awesome, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up doing something like this. If they can do snow for winter, surely they can do a partial snow for spring, full bloom for summer, and then an autumn theme come October.

Totally agree that idea would be great :) be nice to see a mixture of green and snow :)

Cant wait for summer to get the full greenary back tho :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited January 2013
    rrpj007 wrote:
    RSommons wrote:
    zbbP1rH.png

Even better would be if they could reflect the actual weather where you are playing.

I know the weather channel app can detect your location and display a background that reflects your local weather and time of day (i.e. a few clouds partially covering the moon, rain and partly cloudy, sunny with a few clouds, etc.). I love seeing snow (which I rarely see in real life), but still think it would be cool to see day/night reflect my location and rain/snow/sun when appropriate.
  • gordonwj99
    35 posts
    edited January 2013
    I hate the snow but I must admit it is really really funny seeing homer lounge in the pool in the middle of winter!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :P
  • cfcbesto
    117 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I agree with you, OP.

And Flanders' House especially without snow and decorations now looks SOOOOOOO BORING
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited January 2013
    gordonwj99 wrote:
    I hate the snow but I must admit it is really really funny seeing homer lounge in the pool in the middle of winter!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :P

Or Kent Brockman getting a tan on the lawn chair :lol:

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!