EA Forums - Banner

Tap Ball Q & A and Strategy Center!

Replies

• nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    imurhklbry wrote:
    casby wrote:
    ... tap the flag icon in the upper right hand corner you go to a random town (people were complaining that random towns all seemed to be 5 stars)

I don't know if this was mentioned in this thread, but the stars people see across from the players level when they go with a random fight does not represent the level of the team, but is probably the stars for the conform-o-meter for that town. I don't think there is a way to tell a random matchmaking player's team level without starting the fight. I've seen a lot of complaints with people saying they spent 5 minutes going to random town after random town until they found a lower star battle. For example, my last battle was a Level 52 player with five stars. His team only had two stars. Just a tip so people don't waste time looking for specific levels when going for a random fight.

SNIP (removed info as Neglecterino has pointed out a way to do this below) You can check in advance if you pick one of your neighbours from the event menu. This is also the list of neighbours that are ready to play tap ball.

Od7I2f7l.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I don't think it was mentioned, but on the "Play Tap Ball!" you can find out your team rating. The way to do it is to tap "Pick" on "Single Player", then select your team but do NOT press play. Next to "Current Team" it will show the star rating of that team. Now use the back arrow in the title "Team Roster" to back out of this.
  • aacRFSO43
    47 posts
    edited June 2015
    Another slice of information, that isn't very usefull... but here it goes.. on the "Defensive Payout" you can only get the bonus from 30 visits a day
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    aacRFSO43 wrote:
    Another slice of information, that isn't very usefull... but here it goes.. on the "Defensive Payout" you can only get the bonus from 30 visits a day

Yes! This is the issue I was talking about earlier in the thread!! I knew it was something!!!
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    On the front page it says:
    -If you are a 2.5 Star player or higher, it's a toss up generally, but the maths skews slightly towards battling higher opponents.

I think this should be changed to:
    - If you are a 3.5 star player or higher, always play the level directly below you to gain the best rewards.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    aidx1054
    If you are a 3.5 star player or higher, always play the level directly below you to gain the best rewards

Agreed. And if you are less than 3.5, just lose to a 5-star. Here is why. Might be a useful table for some.

Star-Difficulty Win Loss Tie

0.5 12/70 4/40 7/50
    1.0 14/80 6/50 9/60
    1.5 16/85 8/55 11/65
    2.0 18/90 10/60 13/70
    2.5 20/95 12/65 15/75
    3.0 22/100 14/70 17/80
    3.5 24/105 16/75 19/85
    4.0 26/110 18/80 21/90
    4.5 28/115 20/85 23/95
    5.0 30/120 22/90 25/100
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Is there a limit to the number of times you can play tap-ball against the same opponent in a day?
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Is there a limit to the number of times you can play tap-ball against the same opponent in a day?

It seems it would be 30 max, but this count would also include the total number of games played against them. Two players have now hit a max of 30 defensive games.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Has anyone done a break down of collecting amateur bucks like the one that is done for foam fingers by neglectirino on the first page?
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    nissa762 wrote:

It seems it would be 30 max, but this count would also include the total number of games played against them. Two players have now hit a max of 30 defensive games.

Thanks. Clearly one reason this is there is to stop people from farming in their feeder towns. Example: In town-A get a 5-star team. In town-B get a 4.5-star team. Use A to beat B. A wins 28/115. Repeat. That would get you 840 amateur bucks over 30 games. Seems like a silly idea to me since getting even a 4.5 star team will take time or donuts. And being able to play 30 games a day isn't easy either. :):)

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Has anyone done a break down of collecting amateur bucks like the one that is done for foam fingers by neglectirino on the first page?

This would be very difficult to make meaningful. It depends on too many factors. Whether you have KBBL. What characters you have that can make bucks. How often you play a day. What your strategy is for upgrading your tap-ball players. Etc.

Open to ideas though.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:

This would be very difficult to make meaningful. It depends on too many factors. Whether you have KBBL. What characters you have that can make bucks. How often you play a day. What your strategy is for upgrading your tap-ball players. Etc.

Open to ideas though.

Yea, I realised after I asked how difficult that would be, I have started piecing my ow one together, if it goes well I'll expand it to suit everyone and I'll post it
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:

Open to ideas though.

Neglecterino, maybe we could do a basic one with Homer, Lisa, Ned and Apu, then just have a bit that says something like:
    "And with:
    KBBL +however many every whatever time
    Footballer Nelson +however many etc."
    Then people can just decide what they'll spend on Tap Ball tactics or crafting, based on what they can get?
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    aidx1054
    If you are a 3.5 star player or higher, always play the level directly below you to gain the best rewards

Agreed. And if you are less than 3.5, just lose to a 5-star. Here is why. Might be a useful table for some.

Star-Difficulty Win Loss Tie

0.5 12/70 4/40 7/50
    1.0 14/80 6/50 9/60
    1.5 16/85 8/55 11/65
    2.0 18/90 10/60 13/70
    2.5 20/95 12/65 15/75
    3.0 22/100 14/70 17/80
    3.5 24/105 16/75 19/85
    4.0 26/110 18/80 21/90
    4.5 28/115 20/85 23/95
    5.0 30/120 22/90 25/100

This is new information to me, thanks, I'll add it to the front page, as well as the 30 defensive games per day bit.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Okay I'm still working on the amateur bucks break down but just to make sure I cover all my bases you earn amateur bucks from:
    Tasks,
    Matches,
    Daily win bonus,
    And anywhere else?
  • Davit001
    19 posts
    edited June 2015
    Hey everyone. Not sure if this has been asked/answered before, but I haven't found an answer anywhere.

I have just unlocked my 5th and 6th Tap Ball player. Is it better to upgrade my 4 initial players to the max level before I start working on the new ones? Or should I upgrade the new ones to my current level first? Anyone's advice would be welcome! Thanks.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Best Way To Earn Amateur Bucks
    1. Tasks
    The first way to earn amateur bucks is through tasks

Referee Homer- complete his 12 hour task twice a day- 24 AB
    Soccer Lisa- 24 hour task- 24 AB
    Pin Pal Apu- 24 hour task- 24 AB
    Flanders- 4 hour task ( depends on your tapping schedule how often you use him)
    Football Nelson (premium skin)- 24 hour task- 24 AB
    Fit Milhouse (previously available)- 4 hour task ( depends on your tapping schedule how often you use him)
    Gorgeous Grampa (previously available)- 12 hour task twice a day- 24 AB
    Baseball jasper (act 1 prize)- 8 hour task 2 or 3 times a day- 16 or 24 AB
    Softball Mr. Burns (act 1 prize)- 12 hour task twice a day- 24 AB
    Boxing Drederick Tatum (daily training prize #5)- 8 hour task 2 or 3 times a day- 16 or 24 AB

As you can see there are quite a few characters with amateur buck earning tasks, and the best tasks are listed above.

2. Matches
    Here is a table of the payouts (for matches you start) regardless of your level.

Diff. Level / Lose / Tie / Win
    0.5. / 4. / 7. / 12
    1.0. / 6. / 9. / 14
    1.5. / 8. / 11 / 16
    2.0. / 10. / 13/ 18
    2.5. / 12. / 15/ 20
    3.0. / 14. / 17/ 22
    3.5. / 16. / 19/ 24
    4.0. / 18. / 21/ 26
    4.5. / 20 / 23/ 28
    5.0. / 22 / 25/ 30

Here is a table of matches other players play against you
    Win- 3
    Tie- 1
    Lose- 1

3. Daily Win Bonus
    And finally, for your first win in a 24 hour period you get 75 amateur bucks.
    Because the game doesn't tell you when the 24 hour periods is up I would recommend that you use something else to time it, e.g.Growing moonshine at the farm or putting Stampy on his 24 hour task directly after getting the bonus. (Thanks to Neglecterino for that tip)
    How To Save Amateur Bucks
    1. When Upgrading
    When you are 14 AB (or less) away from an upgrade you can "rush" for zero donuts, I have tested this (and so have many others) and there is no penalty for this, just make sure you are 14 AB (or less) away or you will be charged!

2. When Recharging Your Players
    If your players level is 2.5 or below it is cheaper to upgrade the player then recharge it. This is only true for players under level 2.5 but I would still personally recommend upgrading over reviving if you can afford it.

If there is any errors in this please tell me or if ye have questions feel free to ask.
    If you have some info I have left out please tell me and I would be more than happy to include it.
    I hope this helps ye get the most amateur bucks ye can. :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Very nice aidx!

Dredrick Tatum has a 4hr task that earns 4 amateur bucks.
    You have to have him. He's premium. 190 donuts for him and his building.

In three days we get Lugash as the daily prize. I assume he'll be able to make amateur bucks.
    He's also a premium character that comes with a building. 175 donuts I think.

• aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Very nice aidx!

In three days we get Lugash as the daily prize. I assume he'll be able to make amateur bucks.

Thanks, is the 4 hour Tatum's only amateur buck earning task?
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    Very nice aidx!

Thanks, is the 4 hour Tatum's only amateur buck earning task?

I wasn't paying close attention when I put him on the 4 hr. :oops:

I'll look when he gets free. Anyone else know?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.