EA Forums - Banner

TSTO Race to the Finish. The Race is ON! (Wish us luck.)

Replies

• aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Two questions:
    1) When do we start?
    2) Do we have to complete events as well as levels to "win"?

• annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    sounds like fun and I'm interested but have a couple questions about a new origin id and how hard it would be to switch back & forth. could someone with more tech knowledge pm me lol

Just in case others want to know...

You create a new name and use a different email address; very important that. Then you just logout and login with whatever credentials you want to play under. Same device even. You'll have to get use to the warning box that says you didn't save your game on the "other" device. :roll: Just ignore that and hit the red buttons that come up.

All correct! Also, FYI, you do not need to actually create an actual email account to do this. You do NOT need to go to "Hotmail", for instance, and go through the process of creating an email account.

When you get to the Origin sign-up screen, in the field asking for an email address, just fill in anything you want. If the email is available, it will be accepted. For instance, I started a town long ago, filling in the email address "[email protected] live dot com" ... Origin accepted that, because it was not already an existing email account.

:)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Sounds like fun. Now I just need to figure out if I have the time. When do I need to make a decision by?
  • Pinpal00
    996 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    What a wonderful idea, Annette!
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    @AnnaTheWicked -- are you in?

@Neglecterino -- how about you? I think you'll like what I've decided. PM you in a minute.

So far, I have 7 confirmed. I'd like to get at least a few more.

30 would be PERFECT because that would give us the ability to play events without any add-ons since events usually only give currency for the first 90 actions. We can, of course, add as many neighbors as we choose to, but having 30 "regulars" would be nice.

But 30 might be a real tough number to reach. ...

I'm giving it until Saturday, Noon GMT, for sign-ups and then start soon after that with whatever we have at that time.

Meanwhile, we can discuss here just how to organize when to send invites, etc.
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    meinaz wrote:
    Sounds like fun. Now I just need to figure out if I have the time. When do I need to make a decision by?

I'm giving it until Saturday, noon GMT. (I picked that right out of my hat. But it has to be done.) :mrgreen:

How about I put you on the list in the bottom section that I'll call "conditional" ... you won't be alone there. I promise. :)
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:
    What a wonderful idea, Annette!

Does that mean you're in?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Didn't see it defined in the first post and not going to read the whole thread, but what do you mean by take the town to top level? As we all know, XP level outpaces quest level. So do you mean top XP level, or do you mean all level quests completed?

(I'm not likely to actually try to do this, as it was enough for me to do it once.)
  • fmust68
    384 posts
    edited June 2015
    I wouldn't consider myself a vet but I'm in ;)
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Since I just uninstalled & reinstalled the other day, I'm good to go!

Next question: I know we're friending everyone else playing...are we allowed to friend non-participants as well?
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I've always thought of doing something like this. I'm in.
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Didn't see it defined in the first post and not going to read the whole thread, but what do you mean by take the town to top level? As we all know, XP level outpaces quest level. So do you mean top XP level, or do you mean all level quests completed?

(I'm not likely to actually try to do this, as it was enough for me to do it once.)

Top of the main questline. That is, nowhere else to go.

Nuthin' in the task book except those stupid random tasks ("Make grandpa tell stories") and event-related tasks.
  • Big82S
    566 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I would but I don't really have time. I have two towns max and my second town is lol 25. I call it the dead zone as I haven't been on it that much.

Wish you all the best of luck in you're challenge though.

A signed cow bell from Christopher walken would be a great prize.

• obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm in! I don't intend to win, my erratic work load means there are days I can play all day. But there are days when I cannot play at all. But I'm really interested in this process. So yeah, count me in.

Question: how about Easter eggs?

Also, maybe it would be good to write up the whole "How to start a second town" paragraph when you start this.

• annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Since I just uninstalled & reinstalled the other day, I'm good to go!

Next question: I know we're friending everyone else playing...are we allowed to friend non-participants as well?

You can have as many neighbors as you want, so long as you have all other challengers. :)

On the other hand, I'm trying to recall how on earth I had more than a few neighbors with only a few buildings in my town.
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm in! I don't intend to win, my erratic work load means there are days I can play all day. But there are days when I cannot play at all. But I'm really interested in this process. So yeah, count me in.

Question: how about Easter eggs?

Also, maybe it would be good to write up the whole "How to start a second town" paragraph when you start this.

I'll be sending PMs before this starts, which will answer your question.

And, yeah, you're right -- I have to go through the process again myself to see what the steps are to creating a new town. (And getting it up to the Level where friends can be added!)
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Probably need to start soon...... Halloween is usually a good event- want to be up in levels by then...........
    I think I may be getting talked into this.... Hmmmmmmm
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • de_mariac
    89 posts
    edited June 2015
    Loving the interest this has generated! Great job Annette on keeping everyone up to speed. Should we do our user names as suggested before with aa in the front?

Also question for the re rollers- what would be your first freemium donut purchase? What would be most worthwhile ? We won't be earning friend donuts anytime soon so makes for an interesting debate
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    Probably need to start soon...... Halloween is usually a good event- want to be up in levels by then...........
    I think I may be getting talked into this.... Hmmmmmmm

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited June 2015
    I am in.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!