EA Forums - Banner

I'm not beating you at tapball because I dislike you

Prev1
I look for a specific ranking (usually my level or 1/2* below). But I try to spread my games over the few on my list that have that ranking, so everyone gets some losses/payouts.

Replies

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Linkwick wrote:
    I look for a specific ranking (usually my level or 1/2* below). But I try to spread my games over the few on my list that have that ranking, so everyone gets some losses/payouts.

This is my strategy as well.
  • marcjas458
    192 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Me three.

I wish I could see my rating for choosing.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Happy tapping!
  • ghallmark814
    2337 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    There is no winning only tapping. - JimJ.
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I try to challenge anyone who challenges me, you still get bucks when you lose, so I try not to feel to bad about it.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I want as many amateur bucks as I can get, so that usually means picking on the same person.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    To all my friends: I don't hate you. You just have the optimum number of stars for me to be able to get the most Amateur Bucks. For all my friends who I'm NOT playing, you have too many or not enough stars. Sorry.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    It never bothers me getting a message saying I lost a defensive fight. I usually pick opponents with the highest rating that I think I can beat for the bonus and just figure they're doing the same. I get something either way so it's all good. Tap on. :D
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    This is good to hear, I was getting worried you didn't like me. :D
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited July 2015
    I can always play my second town every time, that would be a guaranteed 4-0 win.

But I don't, 'cos I'm nice like that.
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I figured that the best way to help my neighbours was to upgrade my team to 5 stars so if they challenge me they can get the max bucks bonus - win or lose. In order to get enough currency to upgrade the players, though, I have been playing 5 star teams because it is hard to accumulate otherwise, even when putting all the currency earners in my Springfield on currency based tasks (and even though I have spent a few donuts here and there to upgrade my players, I'd prefer not to use donuts to do so).

I'm not trying to neglect neighbours who don't have 5 star teams, but I figured that having a 5 star team was beneficial to both myself and especially my neighbours that aren't able to upgrade their teams quickly or who also have 5 star teams - again, win or lose they get the max bonus when challenging me.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    I figured that the best way to help my neighbours was to upgrade my team to 5 stars so if they challenge me they can get the max bucks bonus - win or lose. In order to get enough currency to upgrade the players, though, I have been playing 5 star teams because it is hard to accumulate otherwise, even when putting all the currency earners in my Springfield on currency based tasks (and even though I have spent a few donuts here and there to upgrade my players, I'd prefer not to use donuts to do so).

I'm not trying to neglect neighbours who don't have 5 star teams, but I figured that having a 5 star team was beneficial to both myself and especially my neighbours that aren't able to upgrade their teams quickly or who also have 5 star teams - again, win or lose they get the max bonus when challenging me.

Very nice, Sue.

This is a community event. We will be working for community prizes. There will be a way to spend AB on items (soccer balls is the conjecture) that can be dropped in friends towns. Friends tapping on that will raise the community score. Hence the more AB we can add to the community the better. On the strategy page we are calling that CAB, short for community amateur bucks.

People seem to be transferring their experiences and ideas from playing one-on-one or team play games to this event. But the payout tables are what determines the way to get maximum CAB. Example: If you are 3.0 star team or less then you maximize CAB by losing to a 5-star team. In that case you are also maximizing your own AB.

You should also get your first-win-of-the-day because that pays 75 AB. If you are a 3.0 star team then you'd maximize your AB and CAB, by winning that game against a 2.0 star team. For some reason in that case winning against a 2.5 star team will not get you that 75 bonus.

See the strategy thread, first post, which has this info.
  • smohqy
    2111 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Now that I have eight players, I take my highest ranked four and play someone equal to or a half star above me, and play to win. Then I play my weakest four against a five-star town and lose. Rinse and repeat every four hours. I'm working toward getting those four highest players to level five before I start on the lowest four.
  • johncolombo
    11603 posts Senior Moderator
    edited July 2015
    mwdalton wrote:
    This is good to hear, I was getting worried you didn't like me. :D

love.gif
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    These statements from the above wise tappers may or may not be true
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    My neighbors are almost all under my star level so it's not a fair fight...I am just playing random people from now on so the randomness determines whom I beat or lose to.

Now if any of my neighbors still want to win they can beat me, I don't mind this at all. If you are higher up than me you deserve your win, I don't hold it against you 8)
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    efin98 wrote:
    My neighbors are almost all under my star level so it's not a fair fight...I am just playing random people from now on so the randomness determines whom I beat or lose to.

Now if any of my neighbors still want to win they can beat me, I don't mind this at all. If you are higher up than me you deserve your win, I don't hold it against you 8)

When someone uses the tonic it's not a "fair" fight either, because the AI doesn't use it. My position is that you help them, yourself, and the community by winning. The higher the star level you beat, the more AB for you.

I understand the feeling of wanting this little mini-game to be a challenge and not just a push over. But not only is the strategy of a single game simple, it doesn't always maximize AB to go for an even matchup.

• efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    efin98 wrote:

When someone uses the tonic it's not a "fair" fight either, because the AI doesn't use it. My position is that you help them, yourself, and the community by winning. The higher the star level you beat, the more AB for you.

I understand the feeling of wanting this little mini-game to be a challenge and not just a push over. But not only is the strategy of a single game simple, it doesn't always maximize AB to go for an even matchup.

That is assuming the elixir is even used, there's no real need of it if you are getting an even battle, you might be able to get a victory by strategy as much as using a bottle on a player.

Frankly the AI doesn't matter IMHO, if you are getting constantly matched up with players below your level you won't need any boosters.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    efin98 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:

That is assuming the elixir is even used, there's no real need of it if you are getting an even battle, you might be able to get a victory by strategy as much as using a bottle on a player.

Frankly the AI doesn't matter IMHO, if you are getting constantly matched up with players below your level you won't need any boosters.

Efin: I think we are talking past each other. I understand what you are saying. What I'm trying to point out is that my goal is to maximize AB. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like to me that your goal is to have fun playing a fairly matched tap-ball game. For people that have 5-star teams, it is possible to do both these goals.

I also think we have to work together to maximize AB for all. That's because AB can be used to buy the balls which will be used to work toward the community prizes.

But some people are saying it won't matter because EA will adjust the numbers, if necessary, so we win the prizes!

• efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    efin98 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:

Efin: I think we are talking past each other. I understand what you are saying. What I'm trying to point out is that my goal is to maximize AB. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like to me that your goal is to have fun playing a fairly matched tap-ball game. For people that have 5-star teams, it is possible to do both these goals.

I also think we have to work together to maximize AB for all. That's because AB can be used to buy the balls which will be used to work toward the community prizes.

But some people are saying it won't matter because EA will adjust the numbers, if necessary, so we win the prizes!

My goal is to do both, but I have a 3 and a half star team who plays almost exclusively against 2 and a half to three star people due to the random matchups and my neighbors being two stars or below...

We are both on the same track, going at it from two angles with the same intent. I apologize for not being able to be as verbose about intent but the link from the mind to the fingers to type just isn't working :oops: 8)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.