EA Forums - Banner

How about a DO ALL button for high level players?

Prev13

Replies

• snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    That violates the whole spirit of the game.
    Its called tapped out for a reason...you tap on the different things for different rewards/quests.

Adding a do-all anything would kill the game as we know it.

If you dont like tapping, maybe this isnt the game for you :-)
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Its called tapped out for a reason...you tap on the different things for different rewards/quests.

I keep hearing this argument, but it doesn't make any sense to me. The constant tapping of every little thing isn't the spirit of the game. The spirit of the game is that you get to create the town of Springfield the way you want it, and using characters from a TV show we love. The constant monotonous tapping is grinding, pure and simple.

Saying that reducing the grinding would kill the game as we know it is like saying that cruise control killed driving the way we used to know it (it's called driving for a reason, right?). Sure, from one point of view that's technically true that it changes the experience, but it also happens to change it in a positive way.

Allowing people the options that the OP (and many other people before him) is suggesting, would let us get around the most annoying part of the game in order to do more of the actual fun part. Why is that a bad thing?

• Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Addition to the above:

Also, if the "spirit of the game" really is just to tap as much as possible, then shouldn't EA add to our fun by making us tap every tiny pile of money and XP as they pop out of buildings too? Would that add to anyone's enjoyment? If not then clearly there is a line to be drawn, so the only question is where to draw it. Even with auto-collect or auto-assign there is plenty of tapping to do.

In fact, EA could stick true to EA form by making those buttons purchasable by donuts. People willing to cough up the sprinkles would get them. Those that aren't get to keep grinding away.

Given how often this topic comes up, that's a pretty big incentive to go premium for lots of people. And isn't that what EA really wants?
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    edited July 2015

This is the stupidest argument I've ever heard. "Tapping on a button isn't tapping." Do you have any legitimate objections to this?
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • LPNintendoITA
    11520 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Yes: STOP doing the same exact thread EVERY WEEK and use the search button and add to that. There are so many duplicates of this its not even funny
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited July 2015
    1886670033.jpg
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    giphy.gif
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2015
    9RA7FJd.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    To all those that are saying that this would ruin the game because the whole point is to be "tapped out" I would just like to say ye are wrong. EA have given us plenty of features which have reduced our tapping:
    1) the character thing in the top left corner means we don't have to tap all around town to task our characters.
    2) the character finder in the town hall means we don't even have to tap through the thing I mentioned in 1) anymore.
    3) they changed the store so there is less tapping (or swiping)
    4) we have the plunger thing to put all our Christmas skins up at once.
    5) we have a nuke button which stores everything in only four taps.
    6) it only takes one tap to load the next neighbour town instead of constantly going back to the list and in again.
    7) in events we get tap radii to get more characters (fans,clones etc.) In one tap.
    8 ) our money and XP autocollect after we tap the building/character.

Now if that doesn't show that the game isnt all about tapping I don't know what would.

• Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I am totally supporting this awesome idea! And to LPN, there is a reason that we get a new thread of this every week. Same with the new land threads and I don't mind it. It shows how desperately people want a button like this and also how many different people care enough about it to make a thread!

I sincerely hope EA will implement it and not listen to the few people here who are against it and instead listen to all those who spoke up FOR that button!
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2015
    As a serious comment tbh i couldn't careless whether it was added or it wasn't added it wouldn't ruin the game for me and tbh at times i probably would click the "collect all" button, but overall i wouldn't use it as i like tapping everything in the game as that's what the game is about.
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Everyones that is saying no, you don't have to use it if it was added.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited July 2015
    don't get why people are against this if it's added no one is holding a gun to your head telling you to use it.. you can continue to tap away if you want

EA could easily make it like the cheater dice from clash of clones update so you can either buy or earn them and use them to collect everything

the game can feel like a chore sometimes and something like this could make it better for many players.
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    As a serious comment tbh i couldn't careless whether it was added or it wasn't added it wouldn't ruin the game for me and tbh at times i probably would click the "collect all" button, but overall i wouldn't use it as i like tapping everything in the game as that's what the game is about.

I think for most players, especially high level, this game is not about that anymore. We have more than enough money most of the time and the game is about designing your town the way you like and getting new content to play with.
  • wildminion
    555 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    As a level 54 player with over 100 characters - I NEED THIS. not want, actually NEED!

What used to take a few minutes now takes a half hour or longer.......just don't have that kinda free time every day, so I actually NEED. This to make playing on even possible.

Lately I've been playing once a day, setting 24hr tasks as that's all my spare gaming time. I'd MUCH Rather spend some time designing (and on this forum too) but can't.

PLEASE GIVE US THESE BUTTONS!!!!
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    'high level players' meaning those who spend lots of money? that's the only definition that would matter to EA

I would love a 'do all' button and would pay 400 donuts of it :D

personally I am actually discouraged to buy characters since I don't want more people to have to tap each day :x the conundrum is I want more in game money
    so the lack of 'do all' button is stopping me from spending money on the game :?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm going to talk about a game I play called Tap Titans.

It is literally nothing but tapping. There's no building, decorating, nothing but tapping.
    You start off just having to tap, tap, tap on the screen to make your little warrior attack the titans. They drop gold, new one appears, you tap to attack that one.
    Eventually, you get enough gold to hire other little warriors to help you. They just attack automatically, even when the game isn't open. You tap, tap, tap to level them up, but eventually there's less and less of that. Gold just rolls in and you really only have to tap to beat bosses, and sometimes not even then. Sometimes you can just watch all the little warriors you've tapped so much to level up and they'll take out the boss. If you want to get "prestige" you have to start all over again, with just your tap against the monsters.

Called Tap Titans.

Literally nothing but tapping.

And yet there comes a time when you don't have to tap nearly as much as you did in the beginning, because you're sufficiently leveled.

So, is Tap Titans misnamed? Does it constantly violate the "spirit" of a tapping game? Or does it perhaps understand that the leveling is what satisfies its players, not the mindless tapping on a screen?
    Tap Titans is a leveling game, and Tapped Out is a city building and story-based game. Just saying.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    I'm going to talk about a game I play called Tap Titans.

It is literally nothing but tapping. There's no building, decorating, nothing but tapping.
    You start off just having to tap, tap, tap on the screen to make your little warrior attack the titans. They drop gold, new one appears, you tap to attack that one.
    Eventually, you get enough gold to hire other little warriors to help you. They just attack automatically, even when the game isn't open. You tap, tap, tap to level them up, but eventually there's less and less of that. Gold just rolls in and you really only have to tap to beat bosses, and sometimes not even then. Sometimes you can just watch all the little warriors you've tapped so much to level up and they'll take out the boss. If you want to get "prestige" you have to start all over again, with just your tap against the monsters.

Called Tap Titans.

Literally nothing but tapping.

And yet there comes a time when you don't have to tap nearly as much as you did in the beginning, because you're sufficiently leveled.

So, is Tap Titans misnamed? Does it constantly violate the "spirit" of a tapping game? Or does it perhaps understand that the leveling is what satisfies its players, not the mindless tapping on a screen?
    Tap Titans is a leveling game, and Tapped Out is a city building and story-based game. Just saying.

I 100% agree, well said neuroheart :thumbup:

• michome1
    37 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I would pay a million for each "do all" and collect all" buttons. To the purists I can only say you don't have to buy it or use it. Where is this game going to be in a year? 150 characters? 150 money producing properties? 300 taps just to clear then you have to assign. No, at this point the game is getting too big. I would even accept a collect all and never mind the do all button.
  • mjmikulski
    47 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I would like a button that takes me to the nearest or (next) completed task. For example if I put a character on a task (not in the tasklist) and it's a outdoor moving task like Lugash's Cartwheel, I should be able hit this button and it would take me to him immediately. Very much so like how it works when you have tasks in the task list.

If I explained it correctly, I don't think something like this would be far fetched. It decreases my searching but doesn't decrease my tapping. This wasn't an issue when my town was small, but since than I nuked, purchased lots of land and expanded. Finding moving characters on random tasks can be quite a task in and of it'self.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!