EA Forums - Banner

How about a DO ALL button for high level players?

Replies

• aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    mjmikulski wrote:
    I would like a button that takes me to the nearest or (next) completed task. For example if I put a character on a task (not in the tasklist) and it's a outdoor moving task like Lugash's Cartwheel, I should be able hit this button and it would take me to him immediately. Very much so like how it works when you have tasks in the task list.

If I explained it correctly, I don't think something like this would be far fetched. It decreases my searching but doesn't decrease my tapping. This wasn't an issue when my town was small, but since than I nuked, purchased lots of land and expanded. Finding moving characters on random tasks can be quite a task in and of it'self.

Isn't that what the character finder in the town hall is?

• mjmikulski
    47 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    mjmikulski wrote:
    I would like a button that takes me to the nearest or (next) completed task. For example if I put a character on a task (not in the tasklist) and it's a outdoor moving task like Lugash's Cartwheel, I should be able hit this button and it would take me to him immediately. Very much so like how it works when you have tasks in the task list.

If I explained it correctly, I don't think something like this would be far fetched. It decreases my searching but doesn't decrease my tapping. This wasn't an issue when my town was small, but since than I nuked, purchased lots of land and expanded. Finding moving characters on random tasks can be quite a task in and of it'self.

that list does not say whether or not the task has been completed. It just says the name of the task in conjunction with the character.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    mjmikulski wrote:
    aidx1054 wrote:
    mjmikulski wrote:

that list does not say whether or not the task has been completed. It just says the name of the task in conjunction with the character.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood :oops:
    You want something like the town hall but it would include the task timer, is that correct?
    That is a very good idea and I can't imagine that being too hard to include :thumbup:
    Let's hope they add it

• mjmikulski
    47 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    yeah don't get me wrong town hall is great, but I think a button could pop up next to the character finder as an alert that a character(s) have completed tasks. you tap the icon, it takes you to a character, tap it again and it goes to the nearest one with another completed task.

It sounds doable to me but will see if something like this ever ends up in the game.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I hope they add an option like that. I hate sending everyone on tasks. Having close to 110 characters it takes a half an hour to collect everything and resend everyone on tasks. It's become a drag, and it certainly took away the fun from me :roll:

I still don't get how people can argue against this option. It's honestly idiotic. When people asked for character select tool. You know the one on the top left corner of the screen? Everyone kept saying, "we don't need it" or "it's tapped out for a reason" yet now they all use it.

If any of the developers read this. Please don't listen to the nay-sayers. They'll most likely be the first ones to adopt the new system. The game is expanding at an even faster rate, and the only logical next step asides from adding land is making an option to make mundane tasks go by quicker so the person has more time to do what the game was actually meant to do and that is design a Springfield.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • stonewheel603
    67 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    No
  • LagginPotato64
    212 posts New member
    edited July 2015
    That violates the whole spirit of the game.
    Its called tapped out for a reason...you tap on the different things for different rewards/quests.

Adding a do-all anything would kill the game as we know it.

If you dont like tapping, maybe this isnt the game for you :-)

If you want to play a game where all you do is tap play cookie clicker or something. To me tapped out isn't about the tapping. It is about creating your own Springfield. I don't see how adding an optional collect all button would ruin the game.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I wholeheartedly agree this feature should be added to the game. If not for free, then I'd even support it being unlocked for DONUTS .

I think we need three buttons:

1) Clear Buildings: this needs to be separate from peeps because we may want to leave buildings uncleared for neighboreeno visits. During certain events, there are a lot more visits and I won't clear any buildings in my town to make sure there's something to tap in my town.

2) Clear Peeps: should only clear normally-assigned peeps, not peeps on event or quest tasks.

3) Assign Peeps: should only assign peeps who do not have event or quest tasks waiting on the Task Bar.

If there's still a lot of disagreement about introducing such a feature, perhaps it can be limited. Maybe you can't unlock/use it until you reach a certain level. Or maybe it will only assign eight hour or longer tasks.
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    This is said many times over for each of these threads that get created, you don't have to use the feature if it's added.

For the times when it seems like a chore (or I don't have much time) to assign all 100+ of my characters on task, it would be really nice to have a quick assign all feature. That being said, I think it should cost a minimal amount of donuts, 5 or less. Just like rushing a task, it should cost something to rush the assign.

For a collect all button, I probably wouldn't use it, but I think it should follow the same logic.

As the game expands and grows, eventually will have to spend more and more time doing the same tasks. As many have said, character finder, town hall etc. were added to due the game expanding. You don't have to use these features if you don't want them.

When I'm not busy, I'd probably wouldn't use them and take time to enjoy the game. Would be nice to have an option to keep the cash pile/xp growing when I am though.

• adammeadeisd
    596 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I would use it for sure, watching all that money and xp just whooshing in for 2 mins afterwards would be sweet.
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    One BIG problem with assign all that would make this a bit of work to figure out - many characters are missing tasks.

Even though it would be nice, we can't assign all characters on 1hr/4hr tasks. What about joint tasks and characters that have multiple joint tasks or multiple options? Will it keep characters in their premium skins?

Knowing how EA releases new features, an assign all has lots of details to figure out and we know some would be missed.

Edit: typos
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I wholeheartedly agree this feature should be added to the game. If not for free, then I'd even support it being unlocked for DONUTS .

1) Clear Buildings: this needs to be separate from peeps because we may want to leave buildings uncleared for neighboreeno visits. During certain events, there are a lot more visits and I won't clear any buildings in my town to make sure there's something to tap in my town.

2) Clear Peeps: should only clear normally-assigned peeps, not peeps on event or quest tasks.

3) Assign Peeps: should only assign peeps who do not have event or quest tasks waiting on the Task Bar.

If there's still a lot of disagreement about introducing such a feature, perhaps it can be limited. Maybe you can't unlock/use it until you reach a certain level. Or maybe it will only assign eight hour or longer tasks.

Nice!

Assign Peeps could work by using a user defined default for the character. Set defaults could bring up the same interface we have now so you could set the skin and job. Some simple text replacements in that interface would be required.

• nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited July 2015

Nice!

Assign Peeps could work by using a user defined default for the character. Set defaults could bring up the same interface we have now so you could set the skin and job. Some simple text replacements in that interface would be required.

That I would love - and would solve all issues I mentioned in my other post. Would be really useful to make sure Homer and Lisa are on tasks that can be cancelled too. Love this idea.
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited July 2015

I'd also like
    Clear Handshakes: Collect rent from buildings that are already tapped by neighbors, to make them ready for new visitors

Clear Thumbs: Free characters who are finished with their tasks, so they become visible in the Character-Locator and we can assign them.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    michome1 wrote:
    I would pay a million for each "do all" and collect all" buttons. To the purists I can only say you don't have to buy it or use it. Where is this game going to be in a year? 150 characters? 150 money producing properties? 300 taps just to clear then you have to assign. No, at this point the game is getting too big. I would even accept a collect all and never mind the do all button.

Agree 100%

BTW, I believe at the moment I have something like 134 characters ... When this game was created, there were 20 levels ... Anybody happen to know how many characters that involved? I don't have the data. I'm going to take a wild guess that the number was absurdly small. I believe the amount of land was somewhere around 7x7 (46 plots to clear) ... now it's more like 15x15 (225 plots to clear). I realize that it was designed to expand, but I don't think that we should assume that at the time it was designed, they predicted it would be this large.

"Tapped Out" is a PUN -- "tapped out" is a common expression for "I'm outta money. I'm poor." That's what EA is parodying -- the fact that the game ("life-ruiningly-fun") can make US "tapped out". :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Stapler88 wrote:
    I think this had been brought up many times... After maxing the level and with so many characters roaming across Springfield, is it possible to:

1) Add a DO ALL button to make all characters do a X hour job

2) Add a COLLECT ALL button to collect all XP and cash

You can set a level limit before you have access to these buttons. I don't even mind if I needed to pay DONUTS for these extra features...

This game used to be fun, now it is a drag... things that took only minutes now take over half an hour!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

:?

Hello tapper. I give you this advice with peace and love. Please re-read your first sentence. After writing this sentence you should immediately stop typing and delete your post.

That being said...in before the lock and happy tapping!
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited July 2015
    Perhaps could be a function available after level 60 or 70...
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Capturing some choice pics from the coming contest.

Faj0yx2.png?1
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, I'm with the OP. I'm sick of having to assign 100+ characters to tasks.
  • hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited July 2015

I'd be ok with a vacuum or zapper as used in previous events. (And that didn't destroy the game.)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!