EA Forums - Banner

Sport Balls

Replies

• Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Hmm... I don't know, I didn't feel like giving up during Easter, and the prizes were awesome, so I just tried harder, and I didn't mind spend an extra donut here and there to help get a prize. This event is frustrating and the prizes are meh! I won't be spending donuts a to get these prizes.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    So... as I was afraid we had another Easter 2014 on our hands after the 1st day of the event, I think we can all finally agree, we are in the midst of playing the 'new WORST EVENT EVER'!!! I dare anyone to argue otherwise at this point.
    I have not yet spent my hats on a chance to win the skin for Marge and instead been rewarded with a fence. Also, I have lost about two neighbors as opposed to twenty-four. This is far from my favorite event, but it's not as bad as Easter.

^This!

I actually like this event. They just need to fix the ball drop thing. I'm also playing it from Act II in my new town.
  • johncolombo
    11594 posts Senior Moderator
    edited July 2015
    I've just worked out the impossibility of getting community prizes. Every second the total increases by 6 this means it will take 238 days to achieve the first prize.

Welcome and you're right it looks unachievable.

My hope is that since soccer balls are a few of the daily training prizes towards the end. Maybe each of those prizes are 50-100 balls and not just one. I don't see another way unless EA just decides to divide the current goals by a factor of 100.

I like the way you think. If they all contain 100 ea could use that window to speed the timer up too.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    those soccer ball prizes are 5 each
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • chrisdirai146
    386 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Cvija01 wrote:
    WORST EVENT=STOP PLAY... :) (For me very hard,but good)

p.s. game is for fun :thumbup:

Cant stop playing... too invested and still love the core game. Wishing they would go back to holiday events only.

Game USE TO BE for fun, now just the worst of Family Guy style events rolled out one after another to get more of the ol' mighty buck from new tappers. (I am looking at these new events more as a distraction or hindrance for seasoned tappers). Proof is in the flags, limited time premium buildings, character and deco skins for doughnuts. We've begged and pled for more land for far too long and only got it so they could throw a ridiculous amount of premium garbage content and odd prize deco to load up the new space.

PS- As I stated in my previous post, I simply wont spend my money on cash grab event content. I have come to terms with not getting everything and not finishing this event or any future event that is rolled out like this one. New tappers=short term ROI. They will see the writing on the wall soon enough and quit. Core tappers=long term ROI. fix this now and hopefully they retain their existing customer base that has been paying all along for QUALITY, FAIR content and well thought out, engaging events. The only positive I have taken from this event is funny quest lines and land release. Thankfully Nixon was patched through for the 4th of July content or I would be just chalking the last month up as a total loss in regards to content.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited July 2015
    Okay, so I just read through this and I think I understand most of it. I still have a few questions....

1) How are people getting notifications that balls have been dropped in their towns? I've found 3 in my Springfield so far (thank you to whomever dropped them!) but I wasn't told I had them. I just saw them. I have purchased two and dropped them and I wasn't informed if they'd been picked up, either....

2) Amateur Bucks are pretty difficult to get, right? You get 3 from each town you visit (for a limited number of towns), a certain number with each match you play, a certain number from specific tasks, and one from each fan you click in your town. Have I forgotten any? That takes a long time to get 500 to spend on a ball that (a) your neighbor doesn't know is from you, (b) doesn't come back when they click it, and (c) doesn't look like it's actually going to add up to any prizes before the event is over. Am I missing part of this picture?

I hope I'm just confused about this, because I really love when EA offers community prizes. It's a fun way to keep up the excitement for long time players after they've finished the event, and it gives newbies a way to earn cool stuff while they're still learning the ropes. It will be quite bummer if this part of the event doesn't turn into much.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Okay, so I just read through this and I think I understand most of it. I still have a few questions....

1) How are people getting notifications that balls have been dropped in their towns? I've found 3 in my Springfield so far (thank you to whomever dropped them!) but I wasn't told I had them. I just saw them. I have purchased two and dropped them and I wasn't informed if they'd been picked up, either....

2) Amateur Bucks are pretty difficult to get, right? You get 3 from each town you visit (for a limited number of towns), a certain number with each match you play, a certain number from specific tasks, and one from each fan you click in your town. Have I forgotten any? That takes a long time to get 500 to spend on a ball that (a) your neighbor doesn't know is from you, (b) doesn't come back when they click it, and (c) doesn't look like it's actually going to add up to any prizes before the event is over. Am I missing part of this picture?

I hope I'm just confused about this, because I really love when EA offers community prizes. It's a fun way to keep up the excitement for long time players after they've finished the event, and it gives newbies a way to earn cool stuff while they're still learning the ropes. It will be quite bummer if this part of the event doesn't turn into much.

No notification of ball drops.

See the first post in this thread regarding AB.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10340351.page

Don't spend the 500 AB for the ball if you don't want. Reports have been that once you get that task you can wait for a ball to be dropped. Then tap it. If you get a ball (20% chance) drop it on someone else. Then the task will complete.
  • hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited July 2015

No notification of ball drops.

See the first post in this thread regarding AB.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10340351.page

Don't spend the 500 AB for the ball if you don't want. Reports have been that once you get that task you can wait for a ball to be dropped. Then tap it. If you get a ball (20% chance) drop it on someone else. Then the task will complete.

Thank you, this information is most helpful! :-D
  • 4junk3000
    6183 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I've given out one ball.

Today I found two balls in my town. (Thanks neighbors)

But both of them simply said "ball collected". The little ball icon counter is still at zero!

So idk how us cooperative minded folks are supposed to get on board with this. I was expecting we'd keep kicking them back and forth to each other and soon we wouldn't have to buy many because they'd be everywhere! EA botched this IMHO.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I just got 3 balls in my A-town. Two of them gave me 2 on the counter! Yeah! Now 2 to drop. I know, 2 out of 110 million needed.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I just found out...

Balls can appear anywhere in your town, not just on roads. I found one WAYYYYY over in my house farm on the other side of town.

From the looks of it I think they messed up and forgot to complete the coding. I think the 'count up' is testing code they put in and never bothered to complete.

It's a holiday weekend here with 4th of July. Maybe they'll notice it Monday and fix all this.
  • johncolombo
    11594 posts Senior Moderator
    edited July 2015
    wadebear wrote:
    I just found out...

Balls can appear anywhere in your town, not just on roads. I found one WAYYYYY over in my house farm on the other side of town.

From the looks of it I think they messed up and forgot to complete the coding. I think the 'count up' is testing code they put in and never bothered to complete.

It's a holiday weekend here with 4th of July. Maybe they'll notice it Monday and fix all this.

Yay, hope you are correct Sir!

you really found a ball not on the road? Interesting news.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Just dropped my first ball in a neighbours town....still looking in mine..lol
  • Big82S
    565 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    2 soccer balls so far but I noticed that since the first building in act 2 there are tasks to earn extra tickets. So that means faster earning of soccer balls.

It seems like it gonna be hard for us all to earn all these soccer balls.

Also I wondering if we can drop them in other Springfield. Or will that not work or count?

• Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I hope they add the names when we collect the balls next time, I'm trying to give back balls to all the people who have given balls to me, I was notified who gave them to me when I'm wasn't in the game, but when I was in-game I received two more balls and I don't know who gave them. They popped up in the top right corner.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Igcognita wrote:
    They popped up in the top right corner.

They dont stay at the same place you see 1, if you go to neighbor screen and come back they are on another place... :wink:
  • surfcitypeg
    76 posts
    edited July 2015
    Igcognita wrote:
    I hope they add the names when we collect the balls next time, I'm trying to give back balls to all the people who have given balls to me, I was notified who gave them to me when I'm wasn't in the game, but when I was in-game I received two more balls and I don't know who gave them. They popped up in the top right corner.

I don't get any notifications - is there some way to turn notifications on?

Also the one one ball I found said "ball collected" but still zero on my counter. Somehow others are able to send a ball back and forth?

• Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Igcognita wrote:

I don't get any notifications - is there some way to turn notifications on?

Also the one one ball I found said "ball collected" but still zero on my counter. Somehow others are able to send a ball back and forth?
    You don't always get a ball to throw back when you tap someone else's one in your town. According to the files, apparently it's only a 20% chance of getting a ball like that.
  • dubhe1313
    317 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Just found the first ball in my town. Clicked it and it said ball collected but it dissapeared after that. By using AB for nothing else I have now purchased and given out four to different neighbors so I hope they see them.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Yay, hope you are correct Sir!
    The countdown really looks like dummy code to me. For those who don't know what that is: when you're going to write a complicated routine later and you know what you want it to look like you stick in some code to make things work for now (i.e. "congratulations message + graphics + restart, new game, and quit buttons goes here")

And when you're working for someone else and they tell you 'I want something like this' (and they hand you a crude sketch) you'll throw some stuff together for looks that doesn't actually do anything and ask them 'Is this what you want?' - that way if it's not what they actually wanted or they've changed their mind you don't have to throw out all the code you wrote and start over.
    you really found a ball not on the road? Interesting news.
    Yup. Definitely not on the roads...
    ballsx3_zpsxuuoqkmq.png

Now mind you - I only have one short section of road in my town so it's possible that the code will only drop x number of balls in a given area. And I did have a ball on my road as well.

And I think the balls are like the fans - if they aren't on the roads they'll eventually bounce their way there, because they were moving in that direction.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.