EA Forums - Banner

Too many conflicting questlines?

2Next

Replies

• cvf007
    1078 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    you can ignore the stadium upgrades because when your given upgrades as prizes it counts as "uprading/buying" them
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    C0rgano wrote:
    Homer doesn't have to be one of the 10 fighting for free stuff.... I have 15 other characters doing that task (figured might as well have them pull in the 16 ABs each), so Homer was still free to do other things.

But he DOES have to be used for 10 hours' worth of 'daily training' today, and I was pretty annoyed to find the task only pays off in cash after he finished the first 5 hours of it. If we're forced to put our tap ball players on 'daily training' tasks or tap ball questline tasks, IMO those tasks should pay event currency. :thumbdown:

...so you are upset at losing only 10 ABs that he would have earned if you were sending him on his normal AB earning tasks? I find this a little bit of a stretch, frankly. Since thee ABs are now being dropped by the fans and we have a new set of personal prizes that are being worked towards you are sacrificing a few ABs in exchange for several hundred hats. This isn't such a bad trade-off.
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited July 2015
    efin98 wrote:
    ...so you are upset at losing only 10 ABs that he would have earned if you were sending him on his normal AB earning tasks?

No, I am annoyed that 1) the few tap ball players we're given are also being required to do sideline quests and daily training tasks because in the past, key event characters were able to stay on event tasks only, and that 2) I have to spend the time and do the math to figure out the cost/benefit of every different possible scenario each time this happens. It turns the "game" into a series of math word problems.

I was told there would be no math. :wink:

Math <> fun.
  • starstrucsims
    343 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Seriously, you don't have to complete every single quest line in the game. Sometimes you have to complete quests to move forward, and sometimes they are just added for fun and for something to do. During the Sideshow Bob event, I was so focused on having all my characters earn DNA and opera masks that I didn't complete the Bart & Lisa quest line at that time. And you know what? It didn't make a bit of difference. I still got all the prizes.

And I did a lot of math during the Sideshow Bob event, trying to figure out which characters I should send to get masks, which to get DNA, how much I would have if I sent them X times per day, etc. But you don't have to. Don't stress over a game, because it's *** A GAME ***. You should only play to have fun. You don't even have to earn every single item in the game to have fun with it. Just focus on the items you want. Currently, I am not even thinking about the "quest" of purchasing stadium upgrades. I haven't purchased any. I got some with the daily prizes, and it says I have 3/8. If I don't get all 8, I don't care. I don't like the stadium really or the upgrades, so I don't worry about it. And the "prize" for completing some of these quest lines (100 dollars) is not even worth the effort.
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited July 2015
    I did a lot of math during the Sideshow Bob event, trying to figure out which characters I should send to get masks, which to get DNA, how much I would have if I sent them X times per day, etc. But you don't have to. Don't stress over a game, because it's *** A GAME ***.

Like your attitude, brutha (or sistah)! But the thing is, I'm one of those Type-A people who gets an unreasonable amount of joy, motivation and satisfaction from completing tasks and crossing things off lists. Drives me nuts to leave things undone or incomplete: once I'm committed, I'M COMMITTED. I am totally the type of person to have a TSTO spreadsheet, I've had to fight the urge to create one more than once. It's like a sickness, I'll cop to it. :roll:

Up to now this hasn't been a hindrance in the game, and in fact this kind of game, with all the tasks and to-do lists, was just the ticket to feed that completionist beast so it wouldn't intrude so much into the rest of my life---because real life is certainly not made up of questlines you can always complete! Now that the game is getting more like real life, with the conflicting priorities and having to do math and whatnot, that's no longer true. It's a much less satisfying outlet than it once was.

I'll give it another week. If it's still a drag by then, I think I'm gonna have to quit. Real bummer after two years of happy tapping. But then again, if I stick it out just to get to Halloween and that event is more of the same, I'll feel like a real idjit for hanging in there so long. :?

• efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    efin98 wrote:
    ...so you are upset at losing only 10 ABs that he would have earned if you were sending him on his normal AB earning tasks?

No, I am annoyed that 1) the few tap ball players we're given are also being required to do sideline quests and daily training tasks because in the past, key event characters were able to stay on event tasks only, and that 2) I have to spend the time and do the math to figure out the cost/benefit of every different possible scenario each time this happens. It turns the "game" into a series of math word problems.

I was told there would be no math. :wink:

Math <> fun.

Being a player and earning ABs is two different things though. The only math you need is from the event calendar posted on the forum somewhere, this will help you out telling you how many you should have already and how many you need to earn per day. You don't need a cost/benefit analysis, if you are ahead you can be OK assigning a character to a task. And unless you are really intent on crafting a high AB priced item the loss of a few shouldn't impact you overall when there is one huge benefit to sending them on daily or main quest related tasks- DONUTS! 8)
  • starstrucsims
    343 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I did a lot of math during the Sideshow Bob event, trying to figure out which characters I should send to get masks, which to get DNA, how much I would have if I sent them X times per day, etc. But you don't have to. Don't stress over a game, because it's *** A GAME ***.

Like your attitude, brutha (or sistah)! But the thing is, I'm one of those Type-A people who gets an unreasonable amount of joy, motivation and satisfaction from completing tasks and crossing things off lists. Drives me nuts to leave things undone or incomplete: once I'm committed, I'M COMMITTED. I am totally the type of person to have a TSTO spreadsheet, I've had to fight the urge to create one more than once. It's like a sickness, I'll cop to it. :roll:

Up to now this hasn't been a hindrance in the game, and in fact this kind of game, with all the tasks and to-do lists, was just the ticket to feed that completionist beast so it wouldn't intrude so much into the rest of my life---because real life is certainly not made up of questlines you can always complete! Now that the game is getting more like real life, with the conflicting priorities and having to do math and whatnot, that's no longer true. It's a much less satisfying outlet than it once was.

I'll give it another week. If it's still a drag by then, I think I'm gonna have to quit. Real bummer after two years of happy tapping. But then again, if I stick it out just to get to Halloween and that event is more of the same, I'll feel like a real idjit for hanging in there so long. :?

Actually I can understand, really, because I've been like that a lot of my life. But as I've gotten older, I've had to learn to let some things go... unfortunately. That doesn't mean that I still don't obsess over things, this game included, but then I have to draw a line somewhere and tell myself to just chill and not let it get to me. I think in a way it's a good thing that I didn't start playing on day one. Because if I had known about the game back then, I would have, and then I'd probably be as bad as some of the completionists. Coming into it as late as I did, I already have to deal with the fact that I missed a lot of things that I will never have. Or I would have to spend a ton of money to buy many things, and I'm not doing that. So I just try to smile about the things I get, and not let the other things bother me. Personally I'd rather enjoy the game in a partial state than give it up altogether. But I have also been, in the past, an all or nothing person, so I understand that too! :shock:
  • liseloteng899
    98 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Different strokes... Sorry you are feeling it's a chore. If I felt like that, I'd be asking if it was time for a break.

I'm loving it. Two level 54 towns. And just started competing in the Race to the Finish with a brand new town. Check out the thread on that.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

Do you even sleep :shock: :?:

Not that well lately, but I don't think it has to do with TSTO. :)

I'm retired. Makes a huge difference when you do not have a job.

But I'm minor league on the number of towns. We have one forum regular that was doing 11 at a time. She's also retired.

That explains a lot... I work and have two boys, 3,5 years and 1,5 years so they are my priority.
    I hope when i retire i still play this game ( and problebly have more than one but 11 waaauw...)
    But since our goverment is forcing us to work until we are at least 67, i'm almost halfway there :p

Sorry for the typos english is not my mothertongue

My kids are adults. I like your priorities. Thanks! :D
    Three towns may be too much, but I'm having a blast doing the new one in the competition going on. See the Race for the Finish thread.

I understand the arguments for uping the retirement age, but I'm glad I was able to retire early. I'm getting to do a bunch of stuff I put off for a long time.

Don't worry about the typos. Your English is fine.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!