EA Forums - Banner

Sport Balls

Replies

• hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited July 2015
    I remember seeing some discussion that fans may drop soccer balls as well as hats and amateur bucks. Is this true? I've whacked a lot of fans and I haven't seen any extra drops. Oh, except for tonic, that's been there too!
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Several days in and I've only found three balls in my town, two of which didn't register when I collected it. EA won't let us miss the prizes, and we've been skeptical about past community counters anyway, so I'm taking this is as yet another pointless task in this confusing event.
  • Big82S
    565 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I think there's someone stealing balls. Maybe the ball burgler. As I've not received any and I have all 90 or 100 avid players in my town friends list and I've gave 3 so far and working on 4. Just wondering what's going on with this event.

I'll blame Gil.

tumblr_lp8179mWPw1qd0p40o1_400.gif
  • chrisdirai146
    386 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I can confirm that you DO NOT have to waste 500 AB on the 1st sports ball. Either I got a CG ball or a neighbor dropped it but on my 3rd found sports ball (all 3 have been soccer balls) I got credited for the find and was able to pass it on. This also completed the task and now just waiting for Homer to be free to start the 12 hr tasks.

Hope this answers the question about having to purchase with AB.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    So I took another look at the Ball Counter on the Community Prizes page...

It's definitely going up - yesterday it showed 1,284,028 and today it shows 1,708,823. But...

No way my 99 neighbors and I have dropped 424,795 balls in less than 24 hours. That would require each of us to have dropped an average of 4,247 balls at a cost of 2,123,975 Amateur Bucks per person.

Yesterday I dropped 2 and I think I maybe tapped 4 or 5.

So... Either balls count more than 1 point when collected (1000 points? 2000?) or the numbers on the counter are just shull bit.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    dubhe1313 wrote:
    Just found the first ball in my town. Clicked it and it said ball collected but it dissapeared after that. By using AB for nothing else I have now purchased and given out four to different neighbors so I hope they see them.

The will not see them unless they have at least gotten to the quest for them to add a ball and throw it to a neighbor. In fact they will never see that ball if that is the case. If they have received that quest and have not done it yet, then they will see the ball you dropped. You need to sync after dropping it, they need to sync before seeing to make sure. Then they have a 20% chance of getting a ball when they tap it. That will clear the quest tasks for them. If they have already done the quest, they should see your ball drops after those syncs.

EA should have made it impossible to drop a ball if it could not be tapped. No telling how many balls have been wasted this way. I wasted at least 3, my wife 2. Sigh...
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    wadebear wrote:
    So I took another look at the Ball Counter on the Community Prizes page...

It's definitely going up - yesterday it showed 1,284,028 and today it shows 1,708,823. But...

No way my 99 neighbors and I have dropped 424,795 balls in less than 24 hours. That would require each of us to have dropped an average of 4,247 balls at a cost of 2,123,975 Amateur Bucks per person.

Yesterday I dropped 2 and I think I maybe tapped 4 or 5.

So... Either balls count more than 1 point when collected (1000 points? 2000?) or the numbers on the counter are just shull bit.

Your math does not take into account getting balls from tapping them. Those don't require buying them.

And that total is everyone, not you and your neighbors.

Goggle tstonews.com tap-ball-community-prizes

• ebarber
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I have bought one ball, dropped it and found one ball in my town. That's it. Hopefully, this gets fixed soon :/..
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Your math does not take into account getting balls from tapping them. Those don't require buying them.
    Actually it kind of does. I rounded down on my calculations, and just because you might get a ball when you tap one doesn't mean you will. It's a 1 in 5 chance every time, but it's still only a chance.
    Ahh! I did not understand that. I thought those numbers were just supposed to represent me and my neighbors - because although I considered that it might be showing a running total of everyone playing the game I then thought "That would be stupid". And it is.

Actually I think this aspect of the game is ill planned and poorly executed. $500 AB for ONE ball? ONE? Come On! You should get 50 balls for that much - or even 100 as a volume discount (which is what you'd get if you were a real sports team or store buying mass quantities of balls). The Football Uprights only cost $750 AB! How is $500 AB for ONE BALL in any way realistic?

What would make sense would be:
    1 ball for $10 AB
    3 balls for $20 AB
    10 balls for $50 AB
    and so on through
    250 balls for $500 AB

That would be a good reason to do neighbor visits. Buy 500 balls for $1000 AB and drop 5 in each neighbor's town.

I've bought about 14 balls. I think I'm done at these prices.
    I will resist teasing you for misspelling a word.
    I will resist teasing you for misspelling a word...
    I will resist teasing you for misspelling a word.......

Nope, sorry. I tried but I just can't resist...

But I don't wear goggles!
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    wadebear wrote:
    Actually it kind of does. I rounded down on my calculations, and just because you might get a ball when you tap one doesn't mean you will. It's a 1 in 5 chance every time, but it's still only a chance.
    Ahh! I did not understand that. I thought those numbers were just supposed to represent me and my neighbors - because although I considered that it might be showing a running total of everyone playing the game I then thought "That would be stupid". And it is.

Actually I think this aspect of the game is ill planned and poorly executed. $500 AB for ONE ball? ONE? Come On! You should get 50 balls for that much - or even 100 as a volume discount (which is what you'd get if you were a real sports team or store buying mass quantities of balls). The Football Uprights only cost $750 AB! How is $500 AB for ONE BALL in any way realistic?

What would make sense would be:
    1 ball for $10 AB
    3 balls for $20 AB
    10 balls for $50 AB
    and so on through
    250 balls for $500 AB

That would be a good reason to do neighbor visits. Buy 500 balls for $1000 AB and drop 5 in each neighbor's town.

I've bought about 14 balls. I think I'm done at these prices.
    I will resist teasing you for misspelling a word.
    I will resist teasing you for misspelling a word...
    I will resist teasing you for misspelling a word.......

Nope, sorry. I tried but I just can't resist...

But I don't wear goggles!

Your math is wrong. I know it is a 1/5 chance to get a ball when you tap one.

• Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    ebarber wrote:
    I have bought one ball, dropped it and found one ball in my town. That's it. Hopefully, this gets fixed soon :/..
    that's were I'm at, I bought and dropped 1 ball in neighbors town. I found 1 ball in my town, but it didn't count.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Rich0913 wrote:
    ebarber wrote:
    that's were I'm at, I bought and dropped 1 ball in neighbors town. I found 1 ball in my town, but it didn't count.

Because there is a 1/5 chance of getting a ball on a tap.
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Rich0913 wrote:
    ebarber wrote:

I know, fun fun fun :roll:
  • cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    i dont understand the point of the balls...

when i found one in my town it said "ball collected" no credit no nothing whats up with that?
  • liseloteng899
    98 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Rich0913 wrote:
    Rich0913 wrote:
    ebarber wrote:

I've bought a ball, dropped it at a neighbour, but have not found one yet :x ... Althought my neighbours are actief and most of them are doing the event, i never spotted a ball in their towns...
    I feel like we are missing out on a lot of fun...

• ebarber
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Rich0913 wrote:
    Rich0913 wrote:
    ebarber wrote:

I've bought a ball, dropped it at a neighbour, but have not found one yet :x ... Althought my neighbours are actief and most of them are doing the event, i never spotted a ball in their towns...
    I feel like we are missing out on a lot of fun...

Even with the latest update, I still feel like I am missing out on all the fun. I just really don't understand the point of the sports ball and think that EA has some weird expectations about this part. So we have to use precious ABs already going towards upgrades and constructables to buy balls to drop in neighbours towns in hopes that we will get some back with a chance that we will get balls if we click on them? And we all - every single TSPO player - have to majorly invest in this concept and participate in order to get the community prizes? Yeah, not seeing the fun aspect in this. Past community prizes were not this complex or difficult. Hoping for another update and adjustment.
  • Orangesmoke20
    7 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I have been dropping 3-4 balls a day on my wife's town and she's been doing the same on mine and if we are lucky one shows up for the other to collect... Somebody's definitely stealing balls lol
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I have been dropping 3-4 balls a day on my wife's town and she's been doing the same on mine and if we are lucky one shows up for the other to collect... Somebody's definitely stealing balls lol

I'm experiencing missing balls too.

My neighbour list is full and I would get to tap around 10 to 20 balls a day. But for the past two days, zero balls. Tried logging out, syncing, clearing cache, but still not getting balls.

Anyone else experiencing this?
  • smohqy
    2111 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Balls.
  • Cvija01
    464 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    now 6 250 000,you?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.