EA Forums - Banner

Community Prize update didn't fix the issues (rant)

Linkwick
956 posts Member
I figured they would update it again. Why bother messing with all of the numbers at once? It not like their track record calculating these goals is very good...

Replies

• yelp818
    88 posts
    edited July 2015
    Linkwick wrote:
    Warning: incoming rant. *POTENTIAL SPOILERS BELOW AS WELL*
    EA's just thrown us 10 donuts to shut us up. The top tier prize(s) are still just as unobtainable without a further threshold update.[/b]

I have to say, I don't really mind. I'm happy with the donuts more than any of the other items. As a noncash player, this is what I'm looking for. As much as Comic Book needs a home, Springfield Arms was featured in only what, one episode? I'd like to win it. I don't care about the Duff Truck much, and I don't care about the Gridiron (also featured in just ONE episode).

Having said that, I bet EA will made another adjustment to make the other prizes more attainable. But for me, the first prize (donuts) matters most, and the second prize (Springfield Arms) matters the second most. I can do without the others.
  • pollardfreek
    786 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    yelp818 wrote:
    Linkwick wrote:
    Warning: incoming rant. *POTENTIAL SPOILERS BELOW AS WELL*
    EA's just thrown us 10 donuts to shut us up. The top tier prize(s) are still just as unobtainable without a further threshold update.[/b]

I have to say, I don't really mind. I'm happy with the donuts more than any of the other items. As a noncash player, this is what I'm looking for. As much as Comic Book needs a home, Springfield Arms was featured in only what, one episode? I'd like to win it. I don't care about the Duff Truck much, and I don't care about the Gridiron (also featured in just ONE episode).

Having said that, I bet EA will made another adjustment to make the other prizes more attainable. But for me, the first prize (donuts) matters most, and the second prize (Springfield Arms) matters the second most. I can do without the others.

I concur. 100%
  • 0r3ganPoop
    57 posts
    edited July 2015
    If we don't unlock all the community prizes, I won't really care. IMO it's nothing to lose sleep over. We either get it or we don't.

But I assume EA will release another patch making it more realistic to get.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11587 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    as said by spAnser they can change the numbers whenever they want, that's why they don't show up in the actual game. they just need to edit the numbers on server. not even the files. just calm down
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Big82S
    565 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Just got update when I clocked in just now and don't know if you mentioned it but balls are 40 ap a ball. I just bought like 12 and threw em to my friends. Every 4 hrs I can throw at least two to friends. Wish I had all that ap still that I wasted that on 500 ap for those 3 balls. I'd have had a ton of em.

now we just need more tasks for ap and hopefully they won't need to update again after that.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    as said by spAnser they can change the numbers whenever they want, that's why they don't show up in the actual game. they just need to edit the numbers on server. not even the files. just calm down
    I'm calm, I'm calm. :)
    I know it's server-based. Just annoys me how EA just shunt the problem around instead of dealing with it.

...Though I suppose that's my own fault, for expecting something rational from them. :P
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Chances are, they want to see how the change in price and drop rate will affect the counter before changing any more prize levels, so they can make sure to set them appropriately. Seeing as how you can't see the targets for the other prizes in-game, I'm betting they didn't think it was necessary to adjust those yet.
  • dustandair
    91 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Are you assuming the same drop rate for amateur bucks from fans? It might go up again in the third act, which would affect the estimate of how many balls each person is able to afford on average.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    dustandair wrote:
    Are you assuming the same drop rate for amateur bucks from fans? It might go up again in the third act, which would affect these calculations.
    Wouldn't affect the purchase price, just how much you can afford to spend.
    The ABs were based on 40 per ball x X-balls.
  • dustandair
    91 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Linkwick wrote:
    dustandair wrote:
    Are you assuming the same drop rate for amateur bucks from fans? It might go up again in the third act, which would affect these calculations.
    Wouldn't affect the purchase price, just how much you can afford to spend.
    The ABs were based on 40 per ball x X-balls.
    Sorry, I didn't correct myself fast enough. I meant it would affect the estimate of how many balls each person is able to afford on average (and therefore the expected likelihood of reaching each prize level).
  • LPNintendoITA
    11587 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Chances are, they want to see how the change in price and drop rate will affect the counter before changing any more prize levels, so they can make sure to set them appropriately. Seeing as how you can't see the targets for the other prizes in-game, I'm betting they didn't think it was necessary to adjust those yet.
    did they really think spAnser wouldn't have found out? He did the same on 2013 xD
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    NOTE TO OP:

Just about 48 hours ago, I posted in another thread, that according to Spanser's counter, the FINAL prize showed:
    We're at 1,924 days, 2 hrs, and 15 minutes. (5.27 years.) I'll turn 70 just before that. That prize better be awesome.

But NOW, his counter for that SAME Final Prize -- which still costs 538 million soccer balls -- now says 320 days. That's only 16% of the time it was going to take as of two days ago.

Yes, I know it's STILL almost a year. (In theory) But my point is that something DID change other than just sliding the donuts into a comfy zone and replacing them with another prize.

An 84% drop in days is quite a drop.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    did they really think spAnser wouldn't have found out? He did the same on 2013 xD

I think they just didn't care that much. As has been pointed out, a large number of players don't check the forums - so as long as they change them before the next one is available, most people will be blissfully unaware that there was more than one adjustment at all.
  • jbw431
    56 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Baby steps, we sure don't want anyone dying of shock if EA fixed everything with one update!
    One on getter for the clickity clack please
  • Big82S
    565 posts Member
    edited July 2015

EA's baby steps allowed me 6-7 balls a day.

Maybe they should reinstate alley mc balls to give the same people,tasks again but make it a not one time thing.

Baby Steps We need a ton of baby's then as these AP bucks won't earn themselves.

5f9323f763efc8f9d10d5308bd633215.jpg
  • LPNintendoITA
    11587 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    we're not supposed to see them so they can do the research on how many they should be till we're near obtaining them
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    They'll change the other numbers too eventually. I don't know why they didn't do it right away, but we know they'll do it. The numbers are probably rigged anyway. I'm not worried.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    this concern is raised every time theres a community prize. we havent missed one yet.
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    cdepast wrote:
    this concern is raised every time theres a community prize. we havent missed one yet.

This. ^

Keep calm, folks.

As has been pointed out multiple times, the prizes past the donuts didn't change, likely only because EA is gauging the ball collection rate so they can set realistic goals for the remaining prizes.

Also, the counter has increased dramatically, as also pointed out. The balls per second rate was like 3-4 a day or two ago, now it's up to 17/sec (and likely to climb more, to a point).

I'm sure all will be fine.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.