EA Forums - Banner

What do people do with their Springfield's once they're done with the game?

2Next

Replies

• maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Once upon a time, I appropriated the nice work printer:
    Sm8TGpW.jpg?1

WOW! :shock: How big is that? :-o
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I wish they would offer us the chance to purchase our town and play around with it off-line. Not as a social game, and obviously not with updates, and we would be limited to the items we already "own".

At least the design part of it ... we could store the town on our own device and move pieces around and redesign and use the items we already own. Like the puzzle games that kids use. Not the dynamic pieces (characters moving around and buildings animating) ... I'd love that, but don't know if that could be done on something that "resides" on a device. (?)

EA would get my game off their servers, and wash their hands of it. And make a lot of money in the process.

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • 4junk3000
    5270 posts Member
    edited July 2015

If you had fun playing, just close the game. You may want to revisit it later. My FG game has been idle since i quit, but I may take interest again.

Fortunately it doesn't take up any space in my room. Unlike this guitar hero junk...
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • ElBarto0o
    30 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Haha I was just about to make a thread about something similar when I saw this...I was actually wondering what people think a completed Springfield is worth. Hypothetically of course :P, if someone who had every item/character since the beginning decided they were done with the game, I wonder what people might hypothetically be willing to pay to take over the town. Obviously you'd have to factor in the money actually spent on premium items, time spent, exclusivity of items...
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I suspect, like most home improvements, you'd never get out what you put in.

I think people just abandon them, because I see people returning fairly often and starting "I haven't played in 6 months/1 year what did I miss?" threads.
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I'd just nuke my town...if I'm going to permanently walk away(again :roll: ) I'm going to ensure that coming back is more work that actually still playing.

And the posters are nice, but unless those came with a gift certificate with part of the amount I spent on my town I'd be bummed every time I saw it.
  • starstrucsims
    343 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Their Springfield's...what? Their Springfield's Kwik-E-Marts? Their Springfield's Krusty Burger? Their Springfield's Town Hall?

Sorry, I have no idea what item in my Springfield's to which you might be referring.

Ha! So true! That always gets to me too.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited July 2015
    you just leave it to rot and go back to it if you ever want to play again

done that a few times now when i get over the chore of setting up tasks
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    I heard a story of how someone used a burner email address for the game and sold it after he quit playing. It's against the rules but I doubt he knew that since he only played for a year and never came on here. He didn't make much either.

The way I see it is. What I spend on this game is like me going to a movie. I pay them $18, watch it and leave. I don't have anything to show for it but the 2 hours I burned sitting there. I started spending a little money on this game to give back for the 3 years of entertainment the game gave me. If you go in with that mindset it'll be easier to abandon your town.

I do wish they offered something physical especially to players who spent money. If I quit I wouldn't mind having a poster of my town :lol:
    Yeah a EA wouldn't actually know you did that as ots just someone continuing to play, as TOS breaking goes this one I'd say is pretty weak
    Like in other games, eg/ fifa everyone and their dog buys coins, which can get you banned but for some reason no one cares. Until my friend was banned I even considered it but I ain't losing everything
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!