EA Forums - Banner

What do you spend AB's on?

I quit upgrading players a week ago and already crafted all the light towers and bleachers i want to use for my Flanders Park so now I'm saving up the AB's until close to the end of the event and will then spend them on all the extra bleachers and light towers I can get to use them in other areas of my town.

Replies

• durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I stopped upgrading at 3 1/2 stars and bought bleachers-- just finished surrounding the field with them yesterday. Will save up for lights and goal posts these last few days. Not wasting donuts buying them. :lol:
  • jasonxenakisgt
    82 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I don't really like the craftables in this event, so I have taken a different approach. I did a little excel modeling and figured out that I could maximize my donut yield by spending my ABs exclusively on Obsoleteade and playing extra games to get additional pennants.

In doing so, I believe I will increase my bonus donuts from 18 to 27 or 30, depending on how good I am about playing on time.
  • BrideOfFrank35
    244 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    trying to put bleachers all the way around my field, not looking good. also wanted another soccer net, 2 field goals and fences.... oh well lol
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I don't really like the craftables in this event, so I have taken a different approach. I did a little excel modeling and figured out that I could maximize my donut yield by spending my ABs exclusively on Obsoleteade and playing extra games to get additional pennants.

In doing so, I believe I will increase my bonus donuts from 18 to 27 or 30, depending on how good I am about playing on time.

My plan also in my RTTF town. Also, as long as the upgrades are less than 100 AB it is cheaper to do that instead of the obesotade. So play game, then either upgrade or use obesotade to get more games.

• jasonxenakisgt
    82 posts Member
    edited July 2015

My plan also in my RTTF town. Also, as long as the upgrades are less than 100 AB it is cheaper to do that instead of the obesotade. So play game, then either upgrade or use obesotade to get more games.

Ahh, yes, that is a good point that I should have mentioned. I have upgraded my starting players to 5 stars, so that I can win and maximize the output on those games. I did this prior to actually doing these calculations, so it is possible that you could upgrade them less and end up with more pennants...had I thought about this 2 weeks ago, my strategy may have changed
  • bud2046
    62 posts
    edited July 2015
    I'm spending them on bleachers in the attempt to create a stadium that looks cool enough so that I'm not tempted to put it into storage. I still have enough space for it and a cool town needs a cool stadium. ;-)

When I'm done with bleachers I'll save the rest to get as many fences as possible because I really like their look (and, as people have already pointed out, they look great when used as gates). At least that is the plan... ^^
  • vitoselvag24
    26 posts
    edited July 2015
    Good ideas on the lights and gates. I think I am going to try the obesotade strategy. I have never thought to do that. Brilliant!!
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I used mine to upgrade all my players to 5 stars, then I've been spending the rest on stadium pieces. I'm hoping to have a very elaborate complex when the event is over.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I spent the most recent ones on two sets of seats. I am hoping to just save up to get two sets of lights but if that doesn't work I'll just get fencing.
  • awez1
    408 posts New member
    edited July 2015
    Lots of fences. everything else is sorta meh.
  • OrdinarilyBob
    305 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm feeling pretty mixed-up on this event. In previous events, it paid-off to buy premium event-related buildings/characters and/or work on upgrades with event "currencies", then at the end it would snow-ball into an overage of currencies with which I could buy everything I wanted.

I've been spending my AB upgrading my people... I've got thirteen 5* Tap Ball Players, and four TB Players between 3-4*.

This event has been different, and I didn't really realize it (Real Life has been exceptionally busy/distracting)...

...So only just this last Tuesday it kinda dawned on me that we don't win much AB from playing TB, and the difference between winning higher difficulty games versus lower difficulty really is quite small. Negligible really (especially considering the AB required to upgrade). So I really have wasted thousands of AB with nothing to show for it...

:(

(It further didn't help that I blew 500 AB on my first required-to-buy-by-quest Ball, only to have the price drop to 40AB the next day... THAT was another waste. Oi. :roll: )

So I've stopped upgrading and trying to play as often as possible to earn as much AB as I can. I really wanted about 20 fences... Don't think I'll get that many... And I would have wanted the football upright and a couple more bleachers... I suppose I'll do with out. No biggie.

Just wish I'd've notice things earlier. :?
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I got two fences and after looking at them I don't think I want any more, I'd rather just put them as gates for my park rather than my stadium.
    I am thinking I might just say the heck with it and just spend my ABs now on making the last five players 5-stars so others can get their maximum payout from purposely losing...
  • Smilee306
    278 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm feeling pretty mixed-up on this event. In previous events, it paid-off to buy premium event-related buildings/characters and/or work on upgrades with event "currencies", then at the end it would snow-ball into an overage of currencies with which I could buy everything I wanted.

I've been spending my AB upgrading my people... I've got thirteen 5* Tap Ball Players, and four TB Players between 3-4*.

This event has been different, and I didn't really realize it (Real Life has been exceptionally busy/distracting)...

...So only just this last Tuesday it kinda dawned on me that we don't win much AB from playing TB, and the difference between winning higher difficulty games versus lower difficulty really is quite small. Negligible really (especially considering the AB required to upgrade). So I really have wasted thousands of AB with nothing to show for it...

:(

(It further didn't help that I blew 500 AB on my first required-to-buy-by-quest Ball, only to have the price drop to 40AB the next day... THAT was another waste. Oi. :roll: )

So I've stopped upgrading and trying to play as often as possible to earn as much AB as I can. I really wanted about 20 fences... Don't think I'll get that many... And I would have wanted the football upright and a couple more bleachers... I suppose I'll do with out. No biggie.

Just wish I'd've notice things earlier. :?
    I am 100% with you on all of this. I've been holding onto my AB since I realized it, but I don't know what I actually want to craft with such a pitiful amount.
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I'd have liked a few more stadium lights- but they are expensive and my stadium is probably going to be stored after the event anyway.

I'm pumping all mine into obesotade to maximise my donut bonuses, alongside using up my tonic. With the 2000 daily task bonus ending today, I need the help!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!