EA Forums - Banner

Hulk Hogan "sacked"

Vince is in charge.... You don't fire the Pres.

Replies

• SimpsonFamily108
    2133 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Vince is in charge.... You don't fire the Pres.
    I know but still he used racial language and nothing happened but was quick to get rid of HH. Mind you I've read that a lot of background staff are racist.
  • Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    It's ridiculous for sure... And Hulk is like they're most known person............
    I like Undertaker myself.......
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • SimpsonFamily108
    2133 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    It's ridiculous for sure... And Hulk is like they're most known person............
    I like Undertaker myself.......

It's a shame really for a moment off stupidity he has lost everything. I have no sympathy for him.

I also like the deadman myself #legend #futurehalloffamer :D
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    So disappointing, my brothers were big fans when they were younger. I'm sure he's let a lot of his fans down. It terrible when these things happen.
    Reminds me of when Michael Richards went on a racist rant. I loved Seinfeld, it was one of my favorite shows, but I can't watch it at all now. The sight of Michael Richards disgust me. It's sad when you admire someone or something and their disgusting personal views come to light. Just a sad situation.

Hopefully since Hulk Hogan has generations of young fans, that he can find a way to redeem himself.
  • pollardfreek
    786 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Another victory for the PC Police! :roll:
  • SakuraNeko08
    3519 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I remember seeing other comments about that Vince McMahon comment and the only thing anyone can figure is there was something more then that. I think it was also mentioned there is another wrestler who has a catch phrase that could be considered racist. Whether Hogan said something racist or not, it's ridiculous to sack him but not do anything to others for racial comments.
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    It's a shame when someone who is looked up to as a hero or admired by so many, who have spent money to support them, is held accountable for something ugly they said, and some can only reply people are too sensitive or PC Police.

I do wonder if there is something more to his banning, because I don't consider the WWF a PC company.
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Another victory for the PC Police! :roll:

Lame.

All racists deserve to be vilified. He's showed his true colours. Only sorry because he got caught. He shouldn't be erased from history, but for certain outed as a backwards-thinking piece of scum.
  • SimpsonFamily108
    2133 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Booker T has apologised for using that term in 97 when he did a promo aimed at HH. HH has apologised for his actions where's Vince's apology for his racial comment at John Cena. Come on Vince even if you didn't mean it in that way just apologies.
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I think people should be able to say what they want. In fact, I'd rather they do.
    Before you think I'm a bigot, finish reading.

If you don't like some specific race or sexual orientation, that's fine. You have that right, in America. Do me a favor though. Stand by your convictions. If you don't want black people(for example) coming to your business, put up a sign. If you won't sell a wedding cake to a gay couple, put up a sign.
    Everyone else and I will read your sign and we'll decide if we want to support your business.

What's wrong? You won't put up a sign? Why?

I have NO problem with the enemy saying, Hi, I'm the enemy!
    It would make things much easier.
  • pollardfreek
    786 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    It's extremely childish to view people's feelings towards race in a (pardon the pun) "black or white" manner, when in reality it's a spectrum; like all other things in life. Hulk Hogan has a bigger heart than most. He has either donated to or been a part of fundraisers for organizations such as Make-A-Wish, American Diabetes Association, Dreamseekers, 50 Legs, The Special Olympics, Boys and Girls club, etc. And I'm sure there were plenty of non whites whose lives were dramatically changed for the better because of it. But because of some things he says in the privacy of his own home that was illegally leaked, it is all thrown away; and his name is wiped clean from the history books.

Those of you condemning him are being hypocritical because we all say things when we're at our homes that we wouldn't want getting out to the public. It may not be about race or sexual orientation or whatever's trendy at the moment; but I guarantee we've all said mean hateful things that would hurt if the person or persons it was directed towards heard.

Have I said the N word before? Yes I have. Have I used other pejoratives directed at all races at one time or another? Yes I have. Does that make me a "racist?" If you think so that's your prerogative, but the people that TRULY know me and my heart and all the people I've helped in my life also know nothing could be farther from the truth. And those are the only opinions I give a crap about, because I know I believe in freedom and equality for all; and that's the only thing that really matters.
  • SimpsonFamily108
    2133 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Pollardfreak I know where your coming from but he's seen as an idol to millions of young kids and even if it's still in the privacy of his home or not he has to be careful. It's giving the young kids the impression that saying racial language is ok even though he might or might not even be racist kids do copy us older people so if all this has got out and HH never got sacked and a few kids go to school and start using then racial terms and either the teachers or parents pick up on it and ask where they got that sort of language from and Say oh we heard HH use it then the parents or teachers would be demanding WWE react in an appropriate manner then WWE would have to take action and probably would sack him in the end. So they done it at the right time. Am sorry if you don't agree but as I said he's a roll model what you say if he was taking drugs like * or heroine would you say he should be sacked I still say yes.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited July 2015
    people still watch wwe?

never got the appeal of fake wrestling where the winner is selected before it even begins
  • SimpsonFamily108
    2133 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    baddazoner wrote:
    people still watch wwe?

never got the appeal of fake wrestling where the winner is selected before it even begins
    It maybe fake but it's entertainment.
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    My only issue with this is that their are thousands ,if not more, of young black children, that loved, admired or looked up to Hulk Hogan as a Hero. Spending their parents hard earned money to support him, buy tickets to his shows, posters, memorabilia,etc.... Only to find out that he doesn't think they are good enough to date his daughter. And if she's going to lower herself and be with one, at least have 100 million dollars, but he's still just a N..... With 100 million dollars.
    Yes I think there is something wrong with that.
    Sorry I think that's deplorable in my book.

People should just admit they are racist or have predjuices, instead of making excuses and calling things PC. People that call people N.... , in its true meaning, think that a certain group of people are less than they are. And NO! I don't aprove of black people calling each other N.....s either. I don't think using the word takes away its power, nor do I think it can be used to express, friendship or whatever reason some people Think it's ok to use it.
    Who said racist people don't have good hearts or are not good people , to their own kind.

I never use the N ...., in any form, I never use racial slurs of any type and I tell people around me who do, that I don't approve of it. I think there is something really wrong with people who need to use demeaning words toward a group of people just to feel good about themselves.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Can't say I'm surprised anymore. I'm jaded to celebs revealing their true colours.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.