EA Forums - Banner

Short jobs are taking the joy away....

Prev13
I usually play while watching tv or before bed.
I'm just setting the tasks and then visit friends for 10 minutes,
come back and upgrade if I can, reset tasks, go tap in regular
Springfield. Go back to Heights and be done.

I'm not going to stress this, I'm enjoying it and playing
it at my pace

Replies

• johncolombo
    11603 posts Senior Moderator
    edited July 2015
    yeah I've been hating it too, but am coming around. In the long term we get a lot of new land. That's a good thing. Grueling right now, but I think in a month or so we will be happier and I think I heard the tasks get longer.

Cheers!

John
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited July 2015
    i don't like it either i usually only play once or twice a day (if even that) and like using 12-24 hour tasks

it's a chore for me to play anymore than that
  • hughejars
    587 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm on board here, we need longer tasks with bigger payouts, how do EA expect us to play this 24/7 :evil:
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm on the fence right now. I mostly play in the morning and evening, before work and after. The little tasks I can fiddle with over breakfast and dinner with the news programs. Longer tasks would be nice, though, for more flexibility. Since the cost of the land is bound to go up as we expand, I'm hoping longer tasks with larger payouts will be coming.
  • orisimps
    22 posts
    edited July 2015
    Looks like, EA Dev. don't have family or real Friends.
  • graywolfii
    550 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I like it! The short tasks give me a reason to actually PLAY the game for a while, instead of logging in once a day to collect $$ and XP and then spend forEVar just reassigning tasks. As you get farther along, you'll need far fewer of the cømfï chaïrs and you won't need to tap every 30 seconds.
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    It is a bit of a grind, i've been doing it in short bursts, like right now i'm web browsing on my netbook & logging in via Kindle Fire every 8 minutes (chasing yoga mats). Once i've finished on netbook i'll assign everyone longer jobs then not log in for a couple hours.
  • orisimps
    22 posts
    edited July 2015
    You need thousands And thousands of Latte!
  • susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I agree. I am enjoying it, and I'm enjoying doing it at my own pace. however some longer tasks would make it MUCH more enjoyable for me. I go back to work tomorrow (BOO HISS!!) and i won't have much time in the evenings so i'm going to slow right down. Id appreciate some longer tasks for more than 1 item that i could do throughout my day!
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Correct if I'm wrong, but isn't this a permanent expansion? So, really, don't you have all the time in the world to complete this? Sure, it'll take you a bit longer than others to get all the prizes, but it just means you'll have a little more to do in the game, when you do have the time. And also gives you secondary things to do when the next updates hit the game.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I actually love the short tasks, I can tap away during ad breaks on TV or sit down for 15 minutes of grinding when I feel like it instead of assigning everyone long tasks and have nothing to do for hours
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I guess I just feel it's better to have a game with a goal you're always working towards, rather than one with nothing to do/work towards.
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    It's doesn't really bother me too much, when I have some free time I spend a few minutes sending people on tasks. Since there is no rush, I can play at my leisure.
    I enjoy it this way, much more than building Squidport, which took a.long time before having something that looked decent. I played a lot day 1 and it looks decent , so now I play when I have spare time.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    The short jobs were fun until you get to the stage where you need a lot of the higher level crafting materials.

Currently working on the Business Center Level 5 and it's a grind. You can pretty much forget about any other upgrades that require gym mats while you're working on it.
  • ebarber
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I think that I would be enjoying this more if it didn't come immediately after a three or four week event that involved a lot of tapping. I usually need a few weeks of recovery from those :)

Instead, I went from a heavily involved event where I needed to log in every four hours for those tasks to one where I am needed constantly. No down time, just so much more clicking! The upside is that this isn't a timed event, so no need to rush anything, and the fact that it is flippin' an awesome concept - so no real complaints beyond the timing of it. I just won't be in full gear for it for a few weeks.

And why another leader board? Those things always suck the enjoyment out of any event for me. I know that some people have fun with the competitiveness in regards to it, but it sometimes brings out the worst in people (being dropped by neighbors if I pass them, for instance). :/
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited July 2015
    Just multitask when playing the game like when watching television. I actually like the short tasks because I can complete quests faster if I really want to.
  • Snakeyees
    2342 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    There is no first place take as long as you want. I did not cheat at squid port and enjoyed making all the tiles it gives you a sense of accomplishment when you dont cheat or expolit glitches.
  • BaileyCat88
    259 posts
    edited July 2015
    It's growing on me, too. I was grinding almost constantly at first but soon realized that we have all the time in the world to build in SH. It's just the next level of the game. One thing I DO like now about assigning tasks is that you can pretty much assign 6 characters at a time to a building- and then it's ONE tap to cash them all out. With all my crafting buildings in the same place, it's a lot easier to assign tasks and cash out!
  • unktattoogirl
    5 posts
    edited July 2015
    The only thing that bothers me.... Is spending some of our task earnings on tasks. It's redundant.
  • hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited July 2015
    Add me to the "I hate grinding" list.

If I wanted a never-ending, thankless task every 30 seconds, I'd follow my kids around and try to keep the house clean!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.