EA Forums - Banner

No Need to Overcrowd the Heights

Prev1
I noticed this, and I am grateful because I think most of these building are ugly as homemade sin.
BTW: My Springfield circa Winter 2014: orionsbell.com/simpsons/Winter2014.png

Replies

• thecube28
    127 posts
    edited July 2015
    orionsbell wrote:
    I've noticed many neighbors cramming Springfield Heights with multiple Level 5 buildings.

You get and keep the realestate value when you build and upgrade the Classic Mansion, Modern Mansion, Business Center, Deluxe Condo and Valet Parking. Once they reach Level 5 you can store them if you choose and your Realestate Value will not go down.

This is the same deal for all other SH buildings and decorations. Once they're placed, the value is earned and you don't have to keep them in place unless you're trying to increase task payouts.
    it's just the same as when you first started playing tapped out, we all had to cram everything into a small space but once you bought more land the better it gets!
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    But apparently keeping them out gives an XP bonus to the rest of Springfield :-)
  • hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited July 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    But apparently keeping them out gives an XP bonus to the rest of Springfield :-)

Really? What kind of bonus are we talking?
  • Arbok9782
    525 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:

1-5% bonus to XP, depending on the building.

Check LPNintendoITA's guide here:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10344781.page
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:

Condo 1%
    Business center 2%
    Valet 3%
    Classic mansion 4%
    Modern mansion 5%

This info is from the Simpsons wiki.
  • hot4daryldixon
    355 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I wish we could choose which level we'd like to display like the burns money mountain and radioactive man statue in the town. As if any of us want to display 10 of each building that all look the same. I know I'll be storing some of them.
  • skollthewolf
    515 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I plan on storing most of them after I earn the credit. The condos are ridiculously obtrusive -- blocking the skyline unless you place them right at the edge of the map. I may keep one or two of the level one condos beach side.
  • southernsontn
    29 posts
    edited July 2015
    I've got 3 level 5 condos in storage right now. I'll probably max out 2 more to put in storage. and leave 2 at level 3 at the back end of the map with a level 3 parking garage behind them. I really wish that they had handled the other building like they did the mansions, where upgrading came with little added bit. Those can be mixed and matched to look a little more unique, where as the other building all just look the same... and the level 5 condos in particular are just eyesores...
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    Level 5 is an incredibly intense peak experience.

But I also shed a tear for every Level 4 that gets its roof tree torn down so that big gold dolphin can be erected.

Thinking about putting a Level 4 Valet parking thingee in town next to my Tap stadium complex.

The actual resource producing buildings would look good as part of a Springfield shopping / entertainment district, with the pill plant headed for a more industrial quarter.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    unfortunately I suspect that this is a bug, and will be fixed

you don't keep righteousness or vanity or whatever whenever you store an item...so eventually the same will apply to SH :(
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    chrisgyo wrote:
    unfortunately I suspect that this is a bug, and will be fixed

you don't keep righteousness or vanity or whatever whenever you store an item...so eventually the same will apply to SH :(

I'm slightly confused about what you're saying, as I said above keeping them out is what gives you the bonus, LP has seen this coded in the files, so I don't know what bug you would be referring to.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    ok i'm just wondering whether this is intentional by EA, or a bug

so this bonus only occurs when the item is upgraded to level 5, and then added to storage?
    how do you know it exists? :? the % bonus number remains the same
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    chrisgyo wrote:
    ok i'm just wondering whether this is intentional by EA, or a bug

so this bonus only occurs when the item is upgraded to level 5, and then added to storage?

I'm not sure if you have to be level 5, maybe LP or another file reader could shed some light on that, but the point I'm trying to make is they have to be in your town (not storage) for the bonus to apply. I don't know why you think you get the bonus from having them in storage.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    chrisgyo wrote:
    how do you know it exists? :? the % bonus number remains the same

This bonus only applies to XP that's why it doesn't show up on the conformometer page, as that is XP and money, its in the files and according to LP is working
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    well if SH gives XP bonus then i'll cram it completely full of level5 buildings and end up with so much XP that I get donuts rewards every couple of days :D:D
  • CLWggg
    183 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I wish we could choose which level we'd like to display like the burns money mountain and radioactive man statue in the town. As if any of us want to display 10 of each building that all look the same. I know I'll be storing some of them.

Is this true? I can scroll through my different Radioactive Man statue skins, but not my money mountain (which is at max level).
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    CLWggg wrote:

Is this true? I can scroll through my different Radioactive Man statue skins, but not my money mountain (which is at max level).

I can't change what the money mountain looks like either, I think hot4 just got confused.
  • CLWggg
    183 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    aidx1054 wrote:
    CLWggg wrote:

I can't change what the money mountain looks like either, I think hot4 just got confused.

Not surprising, I guess - such a massive update with so much to get a handle on!
  • Edawg7220
    56 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    My conformity meter and money accumulated hasn't changed after storing various crafted buildings. Hopefully this helps. Storing your vineyards will deduct though.
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited July 2015
    I made my Simpsons farm into a vinyard. Looks nice.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.