EA Forums - Banner

Any advice on how to rebuild a nuked town?

Lol.. Been there.

Ok. Take deep breaths.. Don't let it overwhelm you.

Think... you have a blank canvas.. Just start designing. Paint one plot. For instance...I used to always start with the burns compound.

Whatever you want, place everything.. The fences, the trees, the flowers, the body outlines..Mesh.. Mold, Watch as it grows.

Throw out thoughts of Jobs.. Cash..tasks.. Write it all off.. Just immerse yourself in the joy of creation. When you get tired stop.

Never force yourself to continue..it dulls the end result.. After all, You never really are "finished".

Breath.
Paint.
Create.
Build.
Tap.

Virtual Zen.

Good luck!

Replies

• JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Ghallmark is correct as per usual. That's because he listens to his heart when tapping. I highly suggest you do the same and you will have a Springfield you can truly be proud of!
  • sandwedgeking
    2630 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:
    Ghallmark is correct as per usual. That's because he listens to his heart when tapping. I highly suggest you do the same and you will have a Springfield you can truly be proud of!
    tumblr_mn42mhibrv1srtlkoo1_400.gif
    Well said Jim & G!

Listen to your heart, toratorauk!
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • chajuishuh
    228 posts
    edited August 2015
    All of this and also think about how you want it laid out in terms of districts. I started off by placing Mount Springfield in the back center and splitting the entire map in half with a lake. That helped out a lot figuring out where to start.
  • LagginPotato64
    211 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I nuked a couple weeks ago as well and am currently redesigning. What I did was I started with the town square in the center of my Springfield and expanded from there. It seems to be working pretty well. I also did my Squidport first because it is the easiest and quickest to design.
  • mc_9208
    18 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I find the best way to do it, is to break your town down into districts (houses, industrial, commercial, town centre, etc).

Then place all your buildings into those districts at random, to give you an idea of how many buildings each area will have and how big each district will likely be.

Then just work your way through each district one at a time (Best to start from the mountain ranges and work outwards, and try to put districts that are unlikely to expand along the mountains ranges).

Hope that helps. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.