EA Forums - Banner

Springfield Hts quests impossible!!

Trying to upgrade the buildings as per the MANY quests is proving impossible (at least without spending $ on thousands of donuts). How are we expected to upgrade, when several buildings need mats, pharmaceuticals, etc? And, to make pharmaceuticals we need to use mats...to make Gold theater figurines we need pharmaceuticals, etc. I cannot see how on earth these quests can be achieved. Those who have reached 200M and even 1B surely must be rich in donuts, because I fail to see another *free* way to be that far, this soon.
Any help on how to get a handle on these upgrades??? Please?!?

Time is $..
Materials = $

Time + Materials = everything.

Don't rush it.. It will get done.

It's not only possible, it's certain. Just kick back and enjoy pure pixel Zen!

Replies

• cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Max out on the items that you dont need to use for pharmaceuticals or the gold figurines. then once your maxed out start making the gold figurines and pharmaceuticals.

ive noticed while im waiting on those items i can keep earning the mats, coffee and green chairs or whatever the green things are
  • AcesBlue
    42 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Trying to upgrade the buildings as per the MANY quests is proving impossible (at least without spending $ on thousands of donuts). How are we expected to upgrade, when several buildings need mats, pharmaceuticals, etc? And, to make pharmaceuticals we need to use mats...to make Gold theater figurines we need pharmaceuticals, etc. I cannot see how on earth these quests can be achieved. Those who have reached 200M and even 1B surely must be rich in donuts, because I fail to see another *free* way to be that far, this soon.

I've been on staycation ever since the event started and while everyone is free to play however they want I am really happy to see an event where it's either grind or spend a small fortune on the game. That prices out all but the highest spenders and since for me it is a race I've been crazy grinding I was sad to have come in second among my neighbors during tap ball. Just barely lost to a premium player. I'm currently sitting at a cool 600 mil with burn out in the yellow/orange zone. I think I'll make 1B before I get to the red zone.

Just play at your own pace and enjoy it. If you don't like the grind, just set your building to build whenever you're on the game and don't even think about it when you're not.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Just take your time and dont get overwhelmed.
    I just work it on it when i have a minute and want a distraction.
    I'm maxxed out on the green furniture and im working on coffee now.
    Next will come pharm and the workout place. The theater can wait :D
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2015

Haven't spent a donut on S Heights. I'm at $219m. You need a strategy.
  • speedweasa203
    76 posts Member
    edited August 2015

Haven't spent a donut on S Heights. I'm at $219m. You need a strategy.

Same here, I'm at $202 million, and got one of each of the 4 buildings completely upgraded, to complete those quests. Yes i ground away at it, but i do it while i'm online, or watching TV.

1. set characters on task
    2. clear whenever they're done
    3. repeat

It's not like you have to be sitting with your finger hovering over the game while they're doing the task. Just have it up while you're doing something else. And please, whatever you do, don't spend one donut on this thing. It's an ongoing add-on to the game. You will get it done.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11648 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Furnitures
    Coffee
    Yoga Mats
    Smart Devices
    Pharmaceuticals
    Hollywood Awards

the ingame names
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    Im focusing on awards now. When that is fully stocked up, I will do pills, then yoga mats. One at a time.
    Other times I have gone for a certain upgrade, or to buy all land.
    It is much easier if you have a specific goal.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited August 2015

Just hit 1 billion, got the last prize with new character.

Like I say before, the best building to collect the most is modern house.

I first got all land and the glitch gave me enough modern houses to collect at lvl 5 21 million at once, when you have to mutch supplies from phones or red gymmaths upgrade a other building.

It cost me 0 donuts but was mutch online :roll:

Good luck there is no rush :P

• JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited August 2015

Time is $..
    Materials = $

OP- the wise tapper above has given you sage advice. I don't have much to add, but I do urge you to listen to your heart when it comes to crafting SH items. It will rarely lead you astray.
  • 22steelpaw
    238 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    EvaMohlin wrote:
    Im focusing on awards now. When that is fully stocked up, I will do pills, then yoga mats. One at a time.
    Other times I have gone for a certain upgrade, or to buy all land.
    It is much easier if you have a specific goal.
    I go for the specific goal strategy. Decide what you want next, and set tasks accordingly. For example, you need 75 coffee and only 25 phones to upgrade a condo from level 3 to level 4. However, you also need coffee to build phones. Therefore, I would stop building phones once I had enough for the upgrade, so that my coffee would accumulate faster. I wouldn't make any pills because these use coffee as well. I would also be making furniture and yoga mats the whole time, since these don't need any input resources.
    The other advantage of this strategy is that you can usually get enough resources for an upgrade or new building in one 30-60 minute session of intermittent play while watching TV. You play for a while, get a thing, and stop. Otherwise Springfield Heights can end up being a relentless grind.
  • brogames111
    740 posts Member
    edited August 2015

Time is $..
    Materials = $

Wise words! It's possible without spending one delicious donut!
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited August 2015

Time is $..
    Materials = $

Aye, too true mate. Broke through the Billion barrier a few days ago without spending a single donut :wink:
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited August 2015
    I don't get how it's so impossible. It's been pointed out you can't use all 6 characters for all 6 buildings over an hour's time.

The Hollywood awards are the most minimal resource needed (7 pieces of land, only 50 max for office upgrade [valet too?]. So you really only need to send 1-2 characters max. If you have Bumblebee man, always send him.

I only send 2 for the awards, so I make 3 of them at a time, and still bank 3 pharms. That way both increase gradually. Sometimes I only send Bumblebee man and bank 5 pharms. Really useful to get the office upgraded to level 5. Only when I was farming the land out was I using all 6 for awards (after a plentiful stock of pharms was acquired). While the mats are required for the pharms, typically you still get out ahead as you bank 1 and over extended periods you get a full cycle added in.

My devices and furniture has always stayed near 200 since there's nothing to really buy or upgrade with them. For furniture I typically empty out for a gold tree or 2 plants and start over.

The way I see it, the office and valet parking offer a huge reward bonus. So I've been upgrading those.
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited August 2015

Time is $..
    Materials = $

The only wisdom missing from Ghall is Taco
  • ebarber
    186 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    It can be done. I haven't spent a single donut yet on anything related to Springfield Heights, and I just passed 338 million. I don't play the game all day long and I even started SH late - not until the forced update - and I have missed a few days since then as well.
    My strategy is simple. Set aside time each day (mine is early morning, I may get lucky with an hour in the evening). Set your simple goals for the day - whether it is upgrading a single building, accumulating constructables, or land expansion - and just really work towards that goal. Some goals can multitask if they don't interfere with each other. And just tap away! Don't worry about your ranking or property values. There are days when mine doesn't really budge at all. It will eventually go up.
    Also, if you collected the limit of a constructable, don't just let it sit idle - get a decoration with it and put those characters back to task working for those constructables. For instance, I must have at least two dozen gold trees and a few jet skis because I collected the max for chairs at the furniture shop. Those decorations can, in the end, earn a lot of property value for you!
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I have all the land, ten (or more) of each building, and I'm almost at $400 million REV and I have not spent a single donut. I have the fortunate ability, as a graphic artist, to be able to leave my game running all day long while I'm at work. I glance over every little while and max out my supplies. Start with coffee and chairs and mats, then when you build a bit of a supply, start building phones and pills. You don't need as many gold statues, so hold off on those for a while if you want.

At the end of each day, I spend my supplies on building upgrades, which has jacked my fortune up at a rate of about $70-80 mil each day. This is not impossible, it's just tedious and a little ridiculous.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I finished without any doughnut. But I'm like Jedi and I can work and play the game at the same time. I just set up a notification in my Outlook to go off every 15 minutes to collect.
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited August 2015
    I started late because of the donut glitch, but I have been playing SH at my leisure - it's not going anywhere and I'm just enjoying working on it in bits and pieces. No need to spend donuts on this - just sit back, tap when you want/can and enjoy the game - there's too many other things in life to worry about, and this game is supposed to be fun and enjoyable :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.